Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

Options

Comments

Sorry for pimping my own thing but the Cinema Club has somewhat turned out to be a good way to meet people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

Excellent! be great if to get a few people together who are new in Galway!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 steve1875

well i'm definately up for a night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

there's a dubstep night on in cuba the 30th, the last one was class. people should buzz to it from here if ya are interested in that type of filth!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

Sorry for pimping my own thing but the Cinema Club has somewhat turned out to be a good way to meet people.

Yeah I'm going to head to the next one if I can! Sounds good!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I don't care... i'll pimp my own thing away lol. :p

Galway Gamer Group... like games? Join us!

Facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132876763412891

Website
    http://galway-gamer-group.socialgo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

Hi all

Im lookin to meet new friends in Galway. Iv been here for few years now and all my friends have either moved away or are moving away really soon. Im female and in my 20's and live in the city
    I like going to cinema, going out, meeting up for tea /coffee..even just getting out and about...anything really :)
    Is anyone else else in the same situation? Would be great to hear from ye.

cheers :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

There was a thread around here for this very thing...

Anyways there's a few of us that have had meet ups from here and they've been great craic, have made some good friends, if you go to the Ladies Lounge and ask for permission to be part of the Private Forum there's more people looking to do the same thing there :)

There is a Cinema Club that meets every two weeks with the next meeting on Tuesday the 10th of August. You can find the details of the next meet here. If you're interested in books there is also a Book Club that meets every other Tuesday. The details can be found here. Alongside this there are also beers where people meet and have a few drinks. Make sure to keep your eye for these as they're good fun. However, if you're into your computer gaming, there is a Gaming Club that meets fairly regularly. Check here for the info.

Hm, we should also maybe set up a tea drinking club, where we meet up and drink tea and chat. Sure, why not? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

There is a Cinema Club that meets every two weeks with the next meeting on Tuesday the 10th of August. You can find the details of the next meet here. If you're interested in books there is also a Book Club that meets every other Tuesday. The details can be found here. Alongside this there are also beers where people meet and have a few drinks. Make sure to keep your eye for these as they're good fun. However, if you're into your computer gaming, there is a Gaming Club that meets fairly regularly. Check here for the info.

Hm, we should also maybe set up a tea drinking club, where we meet up and drink tea and chat. Sure, why not? :p
    sounds good. esp the cinema club.. what a good idea
    cheers :)

• Advertisement

Some of us Galway girls did just that on Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

:pA tea drinking club??? Me likey........

May I suggest Claire's tearooms in Clarinbridge for the inaugural tea drinkage:)

FUtoo wrote: »
    :pA tea drinking club??? Me likey........

May I suggest Claire's tearooms in Clarinbridge for the inaugural tea drinkage:)

+1,000,000!

Spadina wrote: »
    Some of us Galway girls did just that on Monday :)

Do you have to be a Galway girl to come along?

Fifibella wrote: »
    sounds good. esp the cinema club.. what a good idea
    cheers :)

You're more than welcome to come along. Make sure you vote for which movie you want to see!

I'm sure if you dressed up as a Galway girl it's be ok:p

I'm sure if you dressed up as a Galway girl it's be ok:p

Bah. For once I'd like a plan that didn't end up in me wearing a dress! :o

Bah. For once I'd like a plan that didn't end up in me wearing a dress! :o

Is that really something you want to publicise on the internetz:pac:

Is that really something you want to publicise on the internetz:pac:

Sure, why not? Hah.

Anyways, back on topic. Would most certainly be interested in meeting up for a good tea session.. get my tea buzz on etc.! Will it be a regular occurrance?

It could be if the masses wanted it to be that way I suppose:p

I know that I am never adverse to tea drinking and talking general shyte anyways:)

Definately same here! Perhaps we should organise one for next week? Or would that be too soon after the most recent one?

• Advertisement

Don't see why not. When were you thinking??

Any day but Tuesday - that's when the Cinema Club are meeting.

Pssst vote if you haven't already

Maybe a Friday evening/Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon??

Any day suits me bar Wednesday as I'm away; but I'm thinking that maybe the above times might suit better for everybody?? Especially if we're thinking of going to Clarinbridge??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Let's do it Sunday Afternoon!

And if anyone in Galway needs a lift out to Clarinbridge let me know in advance so I can hoover the dog hair out of the car :D

Unfortunately I won't be around Sunday :( Weekends are usually taken up with work, which sucks! But I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Works for me!!! I can give lifts too if necessary; and my car is clean; for once:p

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

Fifibella wrote: »
    Hi all

Im lookin to meet new friends in Galway. Iv been here for few years now and all my friends have either moved away or are moving away really soon. Im female and in my 20's and live in the city
    I like going to cinema, going out, meeting up for tea /coffee..even just getting out and about...anything really :)
    Is anyone else else in the same situation? Would be great to hear from ye.

cheers :cool:

in the same kinda position :) male and in my 20's was trying to organise something like a few drinks in a pub some nite nothing too fancy :)
    made a seperate post up
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055989665

Unfortunately I won't be around Sunday :( Weekends are usually taken up with work, which sucks! But I'm sure you'll have a great time.

:(

We'll make sure to have the next tea drinking(:p) meet up during the week to suit people who work at weekends:)

Bummer you can't make it:)
    in the same kinda position :) male and in my 20's was trying to organise something like a few drinks in a pub some nite nothing too fancy :)
    made a seperate post up
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055989665

Come along on Sunday!!! Clarinbridge isn't far from Claregalway; It'll be fun:)

Fifibelle, please try to come along also if you can make it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

guess i could do that :) im afraid i could only bring one tho if anybody needed a lift :) wats the plans?

• Advertisement

guess i could do that :) im afraid i could only bring one tho if anybody needed a lift :) wats the plans?

Tea drinking meet up on Sunday afternoon in Clarinbridge I believe; in Claires tearooms??

(They do coffee and very good cake there also; it won't be mandatory to drink tea:p)

No time decided yet tho!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement