Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm totally in for it whenever. if anyone is around this Saturday afternoon (Xiney I'm looking at you!) I'll be in Galway and wanna go for some foods in the Cottage, around 5/6ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

FUtoo wrote: »
    Tea drinking meet up on Sunday afternoon in Clarinbridge I believe; in Claires tearooms??

(They do coffee and very good cake there also; it won't be mandatory to drink tea:p)

No time decided yet tho!!

sounds good to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Spadina wrote: »
    I'm totally in for it whenever. if anyone is around this Saturday afternoon (Xiney I'm looking at you!) I'll be in Galway and wanna go for some foods in the Cottage, around 5/6ish?

Mmmmm; Cottaaaaaage.....nyom nyom nyom nyom nyom......

*drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭30lady

Tea drinking meet up on Sunday afternoon in Clarinbridge I believe; in Claires tearooms??

(They do coffee and very good cake there also; it won't be mandatory to drink tea:p)

No time decided yet tho!!

oooh I want tea and cake too :)

will be a busy weekend lol :) is sunday gonna be more of a recovery for saturday nite?? ha

• Advertisement

Would ye consider doing something like that midweek?

the food or consumption of tea :)

Both! Preferably the tea.

well id be up for either anytime :)

I'd prefer midweek, or I'll be in and out of Galway like a madwoman, but I guess I could do Sunday too...

Wait! I have to go away mid next week, ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

i am away this weekend but most weekdays are good for me .. like any day after 3 is cool :) tea drinking club....oooohhhh sounds fancy ;)

:(

We'll make sure to have the next tea drinking(:p) meet up during the week to suit people who work at weekends:)

Bummer you can't make it:)

Come along on Sunday!!! Clarinbridge isn't far from Claregalway; It'll be fun:)

Fifibelle, please try to come along also if you can make it:)

weekday tea drinking suits me great :) i cant make sunday unfortunately :(

mid week tea!! mid week tea!!!

in the same kinda position :) male and in my 20's was trying to organise something like a few drinks in a pub some nite nothing too fancy :)
    made a seperate post up
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055989665

good to hear others in same boat :)

We could do one on Sunday and another one on maybe Monday or Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I don't drink tea or coffee but i drink hot chocolate!
    Can i still come along?

Will we say Monday altogether then??

I don't think we'd be able to go to Clarinbridge tho as they'd prob be closed:(

Does anybody have any suggestions as to venue and time??

Why would they be closed? They open Mondays don't they? :( Tell me they do!!

Think FUtoo meant they might be closed Sunday?

I think they open Sunday 12-5 from checking it last week for Bank Holiday hours.

• Advertisement

Oh no, they open Mondays. I'm just thinking that's most likely the meet up would be happening late afternoon/evening cos of people working and stuff and Claire's would be closing by then or certainly shortly after??

ya sunday was prbably the best day as people work during the week and tea isnt so available in the evenings :) beer is more of an evening drink but that kind of defeats the purpose of a tea drinking club :) maybe a drinking club would be better for some variety :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Ohhh tea and cake can it gt any better!!!! Unfort won't have moved at this stage but would def love to join the nect one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

Should a poll be started!! i'm getting confused as to whats happening and when! :p I personally would rather a drinks night where peole could drink tea if the wanted. I personally need a drink when I'm a bit nervous meeting people! ha:D

Should a poll be started!! i'm getting confused as to whats happening and when! :p I personally would rather a drinks night where peole could drink tea if the wanted. I personally need a drink when I'm a bit nervous meeting people! ha:D

Well, that's what the Galway beers are for:)

I think one of the reasons that people like the coffee meets is that they are without drink and it suits people from outside of the city who have to drive. It's just another alternative really:)

I think we're looking at this happening next Monday. A venue and time has yet to be decided tho:)

Exactly. And it's so good to see more alternatives to drinking taking place in Galway. This would be more of a relaxed occasion, and probably a lot cheaper too.

Would it be taking place Monday afternoon or evening? Anytime before 8-8:30pm would be perfect for me.

Any time after 4pm *should* be ok for me.

How about this: people post where they would like to go and have this and then someone can post a poll tomorrow asking people to vote for the venue and the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Canada

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cailino

Im up for this if its on! So Monday in the cottage is it? What time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement