Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

Options

Comments

whatsoever wrote: »
    Hi All.

any help is appreciated. I have been in galway long time and no luck at all to build a circle of friends. tried almost all whats mentioned in the forum and the internet, still, no luck.

anyone has the same case?! feel free to help or join or even invite me out :-)

thanks guys

Maybe the best thing to do is join some form of club/society... it's less daunting as your not thrust into a ''sink or swim'' situation(you can just do the activity until you feel more comfortable)... there are a few on here including the tag team, even if you have no interest in the activity why not even give them a try for a week or two to break initial ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CAMILEO

:(Did anyone ever have a friend for years and then suddenly they stop contact for no reason or not botherin to explain their reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 zeenie

CAMILEO wrote: »
    :(Did anyone ever have a friend for years and then suddenly they stop contact for no reason or not botherin to explain their reason

yes.... its funny cos u only realise it at a late hour that there's no explanation for stopping contact...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Generally happens when they go into a long term relationship or get married. That is what I've found out anyhow from friends that I rarely see now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 zeenie

Generally happens when they go into a long term relationship or get married. That is what I've found out anyhow from friends that I rarely see now :(

that too, is a reason.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of extending my circle of friends and would like to meet a lot of new people. Definately am up for nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

CAMILEO wrote: »
    They could have something going on in their life too that they can't explain. Happened to me last year. I gave my phone to one colleague, forwarded the emails (work) to another and took off to the most random place I could think of (India).

Anyway, sometimes people need change and don't even know why or what themselves. That was my situation. I'm happy that the better friends understood that, and I still see them sometimes although I've made a LOT of changes. The one's that didn't .. well, we can all move on now anyway so no real harm done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 peter22

Hey, like brokenlaptop, Im also looking to meet new friends in Galway city or county and Im 26. Finding it really hard to meet anyone new nowdays so any events on, Id be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

biko wrote: »

I hope i can make it to this,i'm a 28 yr old male and find it impossible to make friends up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

biko wrote: »

Wish I could go!! I'm in London and really missing these meet ups, it's hard to find friends here! Hope it goes brill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sweetie69

In exactly the same sitution,just moved here myself,maybe we could up sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

anyone going to the dubstep night in cuba next friday? will be good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

I'm from Galway but it is flippin impossible after being away for a few years to get back on the mates wagon here .... let beers it up next week ...tidy!:D

So.. anyone want to do something tonight?

This thread has been running a while, anyone make any friends of it?.... bar the beers nights? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

telepylus wrote: »
    anyone going to the dubstep night in cuba next friday? will be good!!

Missed it! Had to go to a wedding.. was so sickened :(

Oh and hai, I just moved down to Galway like a week and a half ago! If anyone fancies accompanying me for few drinks / crazy night out / football on the beach / blowing bubbles in Eyre Square etc just give me a shout on this. I love making new friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Flojo wrote: »
    Missed it! Had to go to a wedding.. was so sickened :(

Oh and hai, I just moved down to Galway like a week and a half ago! If anyone fancies accompanying me for few drinks / crazy night out / football on the beach / blowing bubbles in Eyre Square etc just give me a shout on this. I love making new friends :)

i have it on good authority that this poster has a cock even tho "it" disguises itself as a female

mrDerek wrote: »
    i have it on good authority that this poster has a cock even tho "it" disguises itself as a female

Hahahahahaha awww Derek.. you're just jealous I didn't put out for you! And got you covered in whatever that pink stuff was we were drinking haha :p

note IT didnt deny its cockdum.

i do not recall any pink shít :)

ps blojob weve very close number of posts :P race ya to 400

• Advertisement

Dude look.. I know you'd love my
    big throbbing cock up yer arse
    but I'm NOT interested :p

It was in that big bottle I was swigging out of while bouncing on my bed, some weird ass cocktail mix! Must ask the mother what it was..tis yummy!

Oh it's on like donkey kong bro :pac:

i felt yer big trobbin cock wen ya flattened me ya big shamoo :P telln ya my rib cage only got back in workin order recently. lads tellin ya she has a pretty face but with a dark secret in the trouser department. dont let her face fool ya in her pics its a plot i fell for.

I WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!! :D:D:D:D:cool:

i felt yer big trobbin cock wen ya flattened me ya big shamoo :P telln ya my rib cage only got back in workin order recently. lads tellin ya she has a pretty face but with a dark secret in the trouser department. dont let her face fool ya in her pics its a plot i fell for.

Lol Derek behave yourself! You make it sound like I try to linetrap men the whole time... it only happened that once :p
    Dude im so fricken bored, can't wait to get back down to Galway.. start sorting out my new hobbies and shizzle!

Flojo wrote: »
    can't wait to get back down to Galway.. start sorting out my new hobbies and shizzle!

you mean yer already existing mind altering ones ;)

talk 2 you soon bout a future sesh ya trollop im of to bed :)

you mean yer already existing mind altering ones ;)

talk 2 you soon bout a future sesh ya trollop im of to bed :)

Hahaha goodnight loserface :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I remember when I had my first beer.....

mikom wrote: »
    I remember when I had my first beer.....

Really? Good time eh? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

Found that Board Beers was really good for meeting new people! Never really did it before and it was great. Would really recommend it to people who have found it hard making friends in Galway!

Like others here, I would also be interested in meeting new people! I'm from Carlow and have found it hard the last year to find people to hang out with! Don't get home often so would love to have the craic with a few peeps now and then in Galway!!!:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 steve1875

we need to organise a night out then :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement