Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I think this may let us know what's on ......

http://www.aroundireland.org/the-race.php?id=40

http://www.aroundireland.org/dp/Galway_Powerboat_Festival_2010_Programme_Final.pdf

Actually it sounds like it could be a good evening's fun to be had! :cool:

Big thumbs-up to hyperbaby! :)

(On a side-note but still kinda related, how do you insert a link into 1 word?! I see posts with a word such as "Here" written in blue which is actually an under-cover link when you click into it! :cool::P:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

(On a side-note but still kinda related, how do you insert a link into 1 word?! I see posts with a word such as "Here" written in blue which is actually an under-cover link when you click into it! :cool::P:D )

[url=www.google.com]Click here for google[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Corvin

Due to low interest I want to postpone this for now. Both originally confirmed guests cannot make it and I do not want to end up alone. Maybe choose another date more in the future and also some have expressed they would prefer the weekend. So thinking about a better day now. Any ideas welcome.

Corvin wrote: »
    Wednesday 7pm Cottage Bar
    Meeting for people new to Galway (or not knew, anyone who is interested)
    Nothing fancy or special, just talking and drinking a few pints maybe.
    Currently three people including me are interested.
    Anyone else, feel free to join, but would be good to have an idea in advance who would like to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Corvin wrote: »
    Due to low interest I want to postpone this for now. Both originally confirmed guests cannot make it and I do not want to end up alone. Maybe choose another date more in the future and also some have expressed they would prefer the weekend. So thinking about a better day now. Any ideas welcome.

Hi Corvin. If you look back at how last month's meet-up was done and all the ones before that, it might help. Create a poll with a few dates/venues and then you get a good idea. And if you want to organise an ad-hoc one, great but maybe a few more days notice. Good job tho.

Do you work through weekends Corvin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

plus salthill is a bit of a trek out for most people. best to arrange to meet in the city somewhere... anybody going to dj yoda in bar 903??

Thank you for your feedback, everyone. I will improve the process for next time. And no, I am not working on weekends my job is Monday to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CAMILEO

1 girl in particular I met from the boards said she was looking to meet new people too, we met up a few times, she even asked me to go to festivals and a holiday with her! However she stopped contact and I met her in town 1 day with her fella and a friend and I spoke to her. The 3 of them, esp the girl were tryin to make me feel really uncomfortable, grinning and just being completely rude!! I couldnt believe it really, I mean she said she wanted to meet people. I guess, for some people when they are with their other half or ''real'' friends it's cool to act in such a way, maybe to make themselves feel better. Sad.
    On the upside I have met some really lovely people from this, havent gone to any of the nights out as yet but I will!!

maybe its just better to appreciate the people we do know all the more cause at the end of the day better the devil you know and they wont be around forever

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Any night out coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Any night out coming up?

Why not start a poll to gauge interest in a boards beers... I'll even sticky it for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tallman

Have ye tried table quizes? Always good for meeting people. I'm attending one tonight, but I think there are one or two more coming up. There's one on the 15th. I'll post the details if anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

Ya would be interested in table quiz what's the story with them do u just turn up on the nite or how do they work?

Yeah I also was thinking of starting a poll but unfortunately I do not know how to do it...
    Why not start a poll to gauge interest in a boards beers... I'll even sticky it for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Ok, I'm gonna start this one off, Beers thread going up now...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whatsoever

Hi All.

any help is appreciated. I have been in galway long time and no luck at all to build a circle of friends. tried almost all whats mentioned in the forum and the internet, still, no luck.

anyone has the same case?! feel free to help or join or even invite me out :-)

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

well what are your hobbies, like to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whatsoever

cats.life! well, i think i changed my hobbies since am here. non of them would be in galway. am 9 to 7 worker so its hard to practice any sort of activity apart from (sleeping, drinking and j**king off!)

will you recommend some interesting activities here in galway? i might be interested in one or more :)

Have we a p.o.a. in the making ??!!
    :D:D

spender.j wrote: »
    Ok, I'm gonna start this one off, Beers thread going up now...:pac:

I dont kno how to start a poll. im no good at things like that!Massimos or Beer haus good spot i tink to meet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

I dont kno how to start a poll. im no good at things like that!Massimos or Beer haus good spot i tink to meet??

Bier Haus=Legend Of A Night Out..:D

• Advertisement

Don't think I've ever actually even been to the Bierhaus. Maybe once, even though I lived all around the city for a good few years lol. Just that it happened we rarely frequented that side of town, but have to say only ever heard good reports about the Bierhaus.

So +1 for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 EBONY00

Don't think I've ever actually even been to the Bierhaus. Maybe once, even though I lived all around the city for a good few years lol. Just that it happened we rarely frequented that side of town, but have to say only ever heard good reports about the Bierhaus.

So +1 for me. :)

Yah ive been in there a few times and the choice is what makes it special, so many different beers and reasonably priced aswell. Surroundings arent the best tho

Wasnt it that dive 'cobblers' that was there before?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 zeenie

Hi, I'm zeenie, i recently moved to Ireland. I've been here for a few months now and i don't have any friends and because of that i don't go out because I'd feel odd going alone out into places I don't even know especially when I'm not so good at walking up to people and sayings stuff. Please help. My life is boring right now. I just need friends I can socialize with.. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Welcome to Galway zeenie!

Maybe give us some insight into your interests and the like, maybe then we will be better able to advise you.

Have you read the threads already here in the Galway City forum associated with making new friends in Galway, any use to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

OK SO PEOPLE..........

When we having a few? Im out this weekend, anybody else out?

Kind Regards,

Dave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Wasnt it that dive 'cobblers' that was there before?!

No, cobblers was demolishd and is a shop across the road from Mick Tylors now

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No, cobblers was demolishd and is a shop across the road from Mick Tylors now

So what was the name of the pub that was there before the bierhaus i was sure it was cobblers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 zeenie

Welcome to Galway zeenie!

Maybe give us some insight into your interests and the like, maybe then we will be better able to advise you.

Have you read the threads already here in the Galway City forum associated with making new friends in Galway, any use to you?

my interests are music, literature, fashion...... and fears i look forward to conquering are swimming...
    i'm interested in learning Irish, learning to ride a bike and hanging out with friends....
    i dont really know my way around boards yet, so i dont know how to get to the forum associated with making friends as u suggested above, but i'd appreciate some help. go raibh maith agat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I'm in Galway three years and still feel like a newbie to the place,it's very hard to get to meet/befriend people. There's no place like home... But Galway is a close second.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement