Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers Summertime! (this Friday in Salt House)

Options
  • 12-06-2010 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Ok all, there's been a bit of interest since the last beers a couple of weeks ago, here goes for the next...

I propose a choice of 25th/26th of June, 2nd/3rd of July, 9th/10th July...
    Locations: Bierhaus, Salthouse, Massimos, Roisin Dubh...

Other suggestions for Dates and Location may be added, perhaps it could be stickied and a Poll added... :D

When? Where? 155 votes

25th
    0%
    26th
    3%
    moonflowerbrainyneuronDubhghaillixspender.jnotel70whatsoever 6 votes
    2nd
    2%
    DaabooRooneysdamannotel70whatsoever 4 votes
    3rd
    8%
    Mr.Mistermoonflowercivis_liberalisAcoshlamazthesparkmoonandstarsspender.jCarolyynColumckieran26Rooneysdamannotel70whatsoever 13 votes
    9th
    5%
    civis_liberalismazthesparkmoonandstarsbrainyneuronRooneysdamanJordan Berbatovnotel70whatsoever 8 votes
    10th
    16%
    Seanehbiko[Deleted User]AsmodeanSteyr[Deleted User]moonflower[Deleted User]bonzodog2civis_liberaliscuculainngandroidconfuseddotcommazthesparkbrainyneuronspender.jalwaysadubCarolyynRooneysdamanFunky Kingston 25 votes
    Bierhaus
    9%
    muppetkiller[Deleted User]civis_liberalis[-0-]FlojogandroidconfuseddotcommuskyjmazthesparkalwaysadubRooneysdaman30ladynotel70whatsoever 14 votes
    Salthouse
    9%
    moonflowercivis_liberalis[-0-]FlojogandroidconfuseddotcommoonandstarsbrainyneuronalwaysadubCarolyynRooneysdamantechyjonnotel70whatsoevercolettelabete 15 votes
    Townhouse
    14%
    muppetkillerbiko[Deleted User]Asmodeantonyhigginsmoonflowerbonzodog2civis_liberalis[-0-]cuculainngandroidconfuseddotcomTony AlmeidabrainyneuronDubhghaillixhyperbabyspender.jalwaysadubColumcCorvin 23 votes
    Massimos
    5%
    civis_liberalisFlojogandroidAcoshlaconfuseddotcomalwaysadub30ladynotel70whatsoever 9 votes
    Roisin Dubh
    10%
    bikomoonflowercivis_liberalisgandroidconfuseddotcommuskyjmoonandstarsbrainyneuronspender.jalwaysadubCarolyynRooneysdamanFunky KingstonCorvinnotel70whatsoever 16 votes
    O'Connell's
    9%
    bikoMr.Mister[Deleted User]civis_liberalis[-0-]FlojoAcoshlaconfuseddotcomalwaysadubkieran26telepylusnotel70whatsoevercolettelabete 14 votes
    Kelly's
    5%
    Seanehbikogandroidconfuseddotcomalwaysadubtechyjonnotel70whatsoever 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

Kelly's
    I hope to make it

Townhouse
    9th and Salthouse. Never been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Roisin Dubh
    Anyone up for one on a weekday? I've yet to make it too a beers but I will go to one eventually! Oh and +1 for the Salthouse because I've only been there once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

Ill try to make it out again. Twas a great night the last time. Salthouse is too small imo, It gets packed too quicky at weekends/world cup matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

O'Connell's
    I wanna go to the next one, the Ladies Beers was brilliant. I vote 25th/26th and anywhere other than the Salthouse :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kelly's
    Polled and stickied.

If your favourite bar isn't there, PM a mod and we'll add it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

July 30th Massimos bar cos we hate djs are playing then,

we're playing this fri night but that's too short notice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Kelly's
    Ooh,i'd love to be able to make a Galway beers. Only weekend that suits me is the 9th or 10th. And i picked all places cos i don't get out in Galway much anymore so i'll go anywhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

O'Connell's
    I'd consider going despite being a newb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 whatsoever

Kelly's
    me to :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Kelly's
    Only available 09th/10th July, can't make other 2 Week-ends, have plans already made ...... :-/

Top Choice:
    1) Kellys
    2) Bierhaus
    3) Róisín's
    4) Massimo
    5) Townhouse
    6) Salthouse
    7) O' Connell's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Kelly's
    moonflower wrote: »
    Anyone up for one on a weekday? I've yet to make it too a beers but I will go to one eventually! Oh and +1 for the Salthouse because I've only been there once or twice.

Would it not lessen the possibility of getting a good few people to go though by having it on a week night? Or maybe not ..... A Thursday night in Galway could be a good night, but that would be going on Venue I reckon, which may necessarily be a Venue high in the interest list of other Boardsies.

Well i.m.o., me for Friday or Saturday Night ..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Roisin Dubh
    Hope there's as good a turn out as we had at the last one... I'm not keen on the Salthouse though, hope its one of the other venues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭30lady

Massimos
    Would love to go....be my first one:)...only night I'm free is the 10th so hopefully it'll be that one. Not to bothered on the location, like Kelly's, The Townhouse

O'Connell's
    How do we know who is who?

Kelly's
    Mr.Mister wrote: »

The mods will be holding yellow and red cards,and carrying their ban hammer.
    We'll all be wearing name tags with our usernames on them. :pac:

Ah no, i've never been to a Galway beers,but i'd imagine we'd either have a table or two reserved for us,or arrange to meet in a certain part of the pub depending on numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Roisin Dubh
    Mr.Mister wrote: »

I know it is a nerve-racking experience walking into a pub to meet a group of people that you've never met, been there myself a few times... If anyone has these fears feel free to PM me and I will pass on a number to text when you're in the vicinity on the night... I will be there nice and early for whichever place/date is selected, (I promise, not like last time):D

Kelly's
    The locations are pretty close in votes-what happens if there is a tie when they votes close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

10th
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    The locations are pretty close in votes-what happens if there is a tie when they votes close?

Then we visit all those pubs, a "crawl" you might say:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Roisin Dubh
    So it seems to be 9th at Salthouse so far, if anyone has any objections I'd say get voting! Should be good craic, it usually is...:D

• Advertisement

Kelly's
    This thread is very quiet lately alright! When is the poll going to close and final decisions made?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kelly's
    Friday 9th July in Salt House is currently in the lead.
    We usually leave it until Monday Tuesday same week.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

Roisin Dubh
    Yay ...i hope its the 9th 'coz i'l be about then and i missed the last beers ! As for the pub , i vote a crawl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

O'Connell's
    yeh, plus the salthouse in really small and fairly expensive!! it has legend fancy beers but costs a bomb. spanish arch anyone? hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Townhouse
    Salthouse would be a good location, nice small palce. easy enough to find the boards crowd. regarding that is expensive, only thing is (as far as I am aware) is that they dont server fosters or biveria(sp?) other then that all their other alcoholic bevarges are usualy the same price as everywere else. Saying that I havent ventured into the palce for quite a bit of time

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

Moving to Galway in September, cant wait to go for some Boards Beers coz im gona be oh so lonely and friendless :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

O'Connell's
    Salt house on the 10th ftw ;)

God I'm going to be a bag of nerves.. never been to any of the board beers before! Moved down to Galway last friday so I thought why the hell not! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Townhouse
    should be a good laugh Flojo. You can also tell me about the F&F Beta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

O'Connell's
    Hehe will do! I might even wear my night elf ears so you know who I am!

</nerd>

:pac:

• Advertisement

O'Connell's
    Friday the 9th is better!

I'm working on the Saturday.

Advertisement