Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new friends Galway...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Hey guys. Just wondering if ye are planning a ladies night any weekend in the future would love to join in if there was space!!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

me too! if there's space and something planned! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Okay, right, time to plan the ladies night officially. So suggestions, film and drinks? comedy gig? (if so, tell me who as not really clued in to who is around) just drinks? bowling? (can be fun!) Midweek? Fridays/Saturdays? Serious suggestions first and I'll start a thread then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Count me in! Perhaps not comedy as we'd have to be listeners and not talkers at that. Bowling could be a laugh

Bowling then maybe with the option to head to a pub? Can pre arrange the pub if there are folks who don't want bowling (yes bowling is naff but it also can be a lot of fun!) What days suit people best?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Bowling sounds like it could be a good laugh, and fun way for people to mix. I would prefer any evening from Thurs to Sun. Hope that we get a good gang together for it!

Oh I do like the Cottage!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fifibella

Bowling sounds good can be lots of fun usually especially if there is good crowd !! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Oh I do like the Cottage!

What say we get this going somewhere and put up a sticky thread with selection of dates / activites over the following weeks.
    If we go with the options of bowling or The Cottage Bar and dates e.g. 25,26 March, and 1, 8, 9 April.

Lady P do you know how to do this sticky thread thing :)

C.

Done. Ladies please see the poll on the forum and fill it out, ta!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I can relate to this. I came here as an international student for a year and at the end of the year I stayed and all my international student friends left. Then I started working and things kinda slowed down socially from that point.

Joining a club would be nice as I have found doing a temporary course doesn't work for getting to know people.

Any tips on where to find a listing of all the sport and social clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

Hey!
    I just moved to Galway and wondering if anyone else wants to meet up?

I'm female, in mid 20's and would love to get a group together, somewhere central.

Any good pubs close to Eyre Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,683 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Nah, this is Galway, all our pubs are shyte ;-)

Seriously .. what kind of music are you in to? And I warn you, the request for pics will not be long in coming. (We're a robust lot in Galway city forum.)

Oh .. and welcome to Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

There was a thread about an upcoming ladies night for boards members but its vanished for some reason...

What brings you to Galway?

A person on here is organising a table quiz next Tuesday night - in a similar thread some posters said they would be interested in meeting people via events like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What brings you to Galway?

A person on here is organising a table quiz next Tuesday night - in a similar thread some posters said they would be interested in meeting people via events like that.

Table quiz? Where? I love table quiz.

OP there's a Girls Night happening on 9th April in The Cottage in Salthill, come along!

Edit: The thread about it is stickied at the top of the main Galway City page.

Lohans, Salthill - I will forward a PM.

Two more and we have a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with big Friends thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tallman

I love Table Quizes too. The most frequent places I know are Lohans and the Huntsman Inn. Any news re more quizes? I get notifications on Google Alerts. Mostly they are out of date, but the odd one gives me advance notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

wats the story with the table quiz? still looking for team members? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SueDenim

Hey all, I seem to be in a similar boat as many of you. Am new to Galway and would love to meet up for beers/tablequizzes/randoms dancey nights!

Was I one day late in going to something on in the Cottage last night? Typical! :rolleyes:

(PS, lady pennyworth, getting my hair done later in a premises thanks to your recommendation! lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What's / Where's the Big Friends Thread .......
    biko wrote: »
    Merged with big Friends thread.

Hhmmm lmao ere on re-reading my sentence, it would appear if it has been merged I'm actually in it lol, but am still a tad confused, what was the purpose of the Big Friend's Thread etc. ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Naoise123

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you have suggestions on how I can meet lots of new people in Galway? Most of my friends have moved on to other cities around Ireland and I would love to build a new network in Galway. I would welcome any suggestions re classes, hobbies etc?

Many Thanks in advance!!

Why dont you check out all the threads bout meet ups being held, and ideas for things to do this summer?

There was a big thread about this previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Also check out the Ladies' Lounge private meetup thread - theres a whole thread in there to find friends in your area.

details on how to join: here

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

I don't know many people in Galway and it seems difficult to meet people when out as they all seem to be in groups and don't really go outside that . I love the Roisin and Massimos etc ... i find anywhere on cross street to be a painful experience .
    I've joined some classes etc but most people are a good bit older than me .... im in my mid 20's and would like to meet some mates (and possibly a cute boy :D ).

Anywhere is a lonely place when you don't know many people and i am not keen on that going on for too long . Any one been in the same boat and have any suggestions ?? Thanks xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

See stickied thread at the top of the page, next Fri in Massimo's, hopefully a few out...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement