Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Nice read here, Coby Fleener was guest writer for Monday Morning QB yesterday. Talks a lot about the Rookie Symposium.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/07/01/coby-fleener-guest-mmqb/index.html#ixzz1zSK8VjtQ

• Registered Users Posts: 37,807 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The cap space on the 1st July makes for some interesting reading. The Ravens are in a whole world of pain with Ray Rice holding out. They need to get his contract sorted or they could be in big trouble.

Jacksonville Jaguars: $25,115,885
    Tennessee Titans: $19,970,080
    Cleveland Browns: $17,774,764
    Kansas City Chiefs: $16,548,048
    Cincinnati Bengals: $16,309,693
    Philadelphia Eagles: $15,879,570
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $15,740,231
    Indianapolis Colts: $14,595,514
    Green Bay Packers: $11,255,804
    Denver Broncos: $10,878,461
    New England Patriots: $10,873,988
    Minnesota Vikings: $10,595,534
    Carolina Panthers: $8,769,801
    Seattle Seahawks: $7,470,071
    Buffalo Bills: $7,382,319
    Dallas Cowboys: $7,188,021
    Washington Redskins: $6,970,162
    New York Jets: $6,044,153
    Arizona Cardinals: $4,552,576
    Miami Dolphins: $4,458,211
    Houston Texans: $4,053,256
    Chicago Bears: $3,976,700
    Detroit Lions: $3,775,829
    Pittsburgh Steelers: $3,734,063
    St. Louis Rams: $3,602,486
    San Francisco 49ers: $3,394,599
    New York Giants: $3,119,114
    San Diego Chargers: $2,862,095
    Atlanta Falcons: $2,834,873
    New Orleans Saints: $2,272,081
    Oakland Raiders: $1,347,040
    Baltimore Ravens: $606,858

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Where did you get that list? I thought Chargers would of had a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Just after getting a mail from gamepass and it seems that pricing has been finalised for next year at €130 starting in August

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

frostie500 wrote: »
    Just after getting a mail from gamepass and it seems that pricing has been finalised for next year at €130 starting in August

Think I'll bite the bullet and purchase it this year. I held off last year but it seems excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Paully D wrote: »
    Think I'll bite the bullet and purchase it this year. I held off last year but it seems excellent.

It's deadly, I actually cant think of a better way to spend 130 quid if you're an NFL fan. And in the last year the product has gotten a lot better with more features

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Any talk of blackouts?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Any talk of blackouts?

I *think* that the two Sunday games will be blacked out for 6 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That would be pretty poor form to be honest. It would also mean that playoffs and superbowl are blacked out so would need a sky sub regardless of getting gamepass.

Also when you sign into gamepass in the top left hand corner it has my country set to United Kingdom, not good really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

It's brilliant but the NFL sure like to pump their customers for money

You pay for the regular season
    You have to pay again for the playoffs
    And then pay again for the off-season
    A few years ago if I remember correctly you have to pay extra for Red Zone, that's included now

I know baseball is not as popular but MLB TV is $99 for the whole year

It seems to me the season plus gamepass has preseason, regular season, post season and off season included as well as coaches film etc. . €159

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if you go into the FAQ it says nothing about Ireland though but I also show up as a UK subscriber.

I've signed up for Game Pass Season Plus which is a subscription until July 2013, so it includes the post season, well worth it even at 45 a month for 4 months, if only the Premiership offered these options!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can you lads not just use a proxy? Or are they basing you location of something else?

Can you lads not just use a proxy? Or are they basing you location of something else?

that's the plan but i think it could be done based on billing address...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Looking at the packages, no Red Zone this year, no playoffs included, and any regular season games on Sky blacked out, that's rubbish.

That to me would suggest RedZone will definitely be on Sky this year.

Well, you could use a porxy but that tends to slow down your connection a good bit, I guess you could use a european proxy to get around the Sunday 6pm and 9pm games that are shown on Sky.

padraig_f, Playoffs weren't inlcided last year (it was a seperate package), only the 6pm and 9pm games on sky are blacked out.

Actually there is no TV deal in place at the moment so we will need to wait and see which games are going to be blacked out ad for how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

adrian522 wrote: »
    padraig_f, Playoffs weren't inlcided last year (it was a seperate package), only the 6pm and 9pm games on sky are blacked out.

Yeah you're right, but looks like it won't even be an option this year, they say:

"Live access to Postseason & Super Bowl is not available in the UK due to broadcast restrictions."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I remember UK fans talking about blackouts but Ireland was unaffected. Two years ago, might have been a Bengals game

So I hope and think a UK Sky blackout would not affect here

Actually I think I posted this a few pages back
    Anyway, I'll read the website, I'm just hoping Ireland is left out of Sky blackouts

• Advertisement

What a guy! (Credit to Balls.ie for the screenshot):

OchoKind21-580x490.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sure 85 should be made some sort of NFL ambassador to the fans, truly a first class person when it comes to such off field matters.

Yeah I always root for the guy because there no doubt he has a heart of gold. I wanted him to make it as a Patriot so much.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I remember UK fans talking about blackouts but Ireland was unaffected. Two years ago, might have been a Bengals game

So I hope and think a UK Sky blackout would not affect here

Actually I think I posted this a few pages back
    Anyway, I'll read the website, I'm just hoping Ireland is left out of Sky blackouts

Unfortunately we are blacked out. It now specifically states Republic of Ireland, and when you go into RedZone on the app, it says this service is blacked out in your region.

I'm contacting them now about this gamepass stuff and if I don't get the answers I want to hear I might start something on Twitter. I'll post back here first to get some help hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, it looks like no Redzone and blackouts this year. Seem to be logged in as a UK resident from the start. Won't be subscribing again this year if theres blackouts

Gonna start a thread about this now. Lets see how many we have that are going to pull out. Money talks so if there was a good list of people then maybe we'd have a slim chance of getting something done.

First thing I want is that damned flag removed. Then we can see what else can be done but I think if we go down the route of being upset by the flag thing then they might be willing to listen. They just don't like bad publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

if you go into the FAQ it says nothing about Ireland though but I also show up as a UK subscriber.

I've signed up for Game Pass Season Plus which is a subscription until July 2013, so it includes the post season, well worth it even at 45 a month for 4 months, if only the Premiership offered these options!!

Don't think that's live though. Wonder how long you have to wait for archived access.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Don't think that's live though. Wonder how long you have to wait for archived access.

you're right, it's not live!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement