Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    The new panel is called Quantum 70.

Also look out for a relaunch of GSDs wireless panel at ISEC .
    Claiming 5 years battery life.
    I love the wireless digi.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    Also look out for a relaunch of GSDs wireless panel at ISEC .
    Claiming 5 years battery life.
    I love the wireless digi.;)

Looks good, can that device poll to a monitoring station ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Very easy to do. All you do is put the tamper in series with the tamper return off the bell. Use only one resistor.
    ok i understand that part..but is the sabb hold part of the tamper circuit? the one thing i didnt do when on work exp was wire 2 bells;) btw its actually an old hkc bell i stuck a sticker on it!thanks altor

ok i understand that part..but is the sabb hold part of the tamper circuit? the one thing i didnt do when on work exp was wire to bells;)

Thats how it is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BraveInca

Hi, I'd like to switch my Simon alarm to call my mobile. I saw the instructions from Altor above. I thought I had the correct Engineer code, but I guess I don't because when I opne the panel it just keeps sayin "use numbered keys to enter ID" over and over again no matter what I put in...

My account number is in the form nnnnnnnn/AAnnnn - any chance anyone could PM me the way to derive the code from that?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Looks good, can that device poll to a monitoring station ?

Don't think so. Is there any PSTN digis that can.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Don't think so. Is there any PSTN digis that can.?

Not that I know of either.

BraveInca wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to switch my Simon alarm to call my mobile. I saw the instructions from Altor above. I thought I had the correct Engineer code, but I guess I don't because when I opne the panel it just keeps sayin "use numbered keys to enter ID" over and over again no matter what I put in...

My account number is in the form nnnnnnnn/AAnnnn - any chance anyone could PM me the way to derive the code from that?

Thanks!

More than happy to help. I have sent you a P.M.

More than happy to help. I have sent you a P.M.

Altor - thanks so much for the PM and subsequent call - the first thing you suggested was correct and I'm sorted now :)

You will need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. I will send you a P.M regarding the engineer code. Drop the lid, enter engineer code. Delete option 04 done, delete option 05 done, delete option 06 done. Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done. Add option 44, 10 done. Add option 17, 20, done.

One last thing - I followed these instructions and all was fine, except on the very last step when I entered "20" and "done" it told me "invalid". Despite this, when I did the phone test it seemed to be working fine - it called my mobile - so I'm not sure if this last option 17,20 is important?

Oh, the last, last thing: do the "Emergency" buttons now call my mobile as well? I'm scared to test in case I get a fire engine pulling up outside!

Thanks again

• Advertisement

BraveInca wrote: »
    One last thing - I followed these instructions and all was fine, except on the very last step when I entered "20" and "done" it told me "invalid". Despite this, when I did the phone test it seemed to be working fine - it called my mobile - so I'm not sure if this last option 17,20 is important?

Oh, the last, last thing: do the "Emergency" buttons now call my mobile as well? I'm scared to test in case I get a fire engine pulling up outside!

Thanks again

Option 17 is the dialer delay, what this means is when the alarm activates the alarm will wait the programmed time before it rings your phone. I should of said add option 17, 020 done. It should work for you now :D

If you have deleted option 4, 5 and 6 it will only ring your phone and not contact P.W. Test them buttons to make sure it is contacting you with the relevant emergency.

Any problems let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jackamy

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. A couple of weeks ago my alarm panel(simon) started beeping every few minutes so i pressed the status button and it said "system low battery", so i changed the battery thinking it would be ok then. But now when i try to arm the alarm it does not recognise my access code but still beeping every few minutes although not with low battery warning.
    When I took out old battery did wipe codes off or something like that?

Any help would be much appreciated

jackamy wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. A couple of weeks ago my alarm panel(simon) started beeping every few minutes so i pressed the status button and it said "system low battery", so i changed the battery thinking it would be ok then. But now when i try to arm the alarm it does not recognise my access code but still beeping every few minutes although not with low battery warning.
    When I took out old battery did wipe codes off or something like that?

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi jackamy,

No, the panel will remember your code and other programming that has being done on the panel. When you press the status button can you post what it is saying. The beeping is a warning off a fault on the alarm.

Hi altor,

It just says time not set, but when i enter my access code nothing happens whereas before it would say system arming. I changed both batteries if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help

Hi altor,

It just says time not set, but when i enter my access code nothing happens whereas before it would say system arming. I changed both batteries if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help

When you drop the lid will it accept 12345 ?

Hi Altor,

Great it accepted 12345 :) so I just put in my old code and everything seems fine now,
    Thanks Altor, I really appreciate your help.

Hi Altor,

I think I might have jumped the gun a bit thinking it was fixed, unfortunetely not. When I enter my code it says system is armed but its not picking up the sensors at all. It repeats every few minutes that phone test is on and beeps a bit. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Jackamy

Hi Altor,

I think I might have jumped the gun a bit thinking it was fixed, unfortunetely not. When I enter my code it says system is armed but its not picking up the sensors at all. It repeats every few minutes that phone test is on and beeps a bit. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Jackamy

Yes. If you press the test button to many times you will get phone test instead of the sensor test. Press cancel then go back into the test menu. Press once it will say, sensor test, then done. It will say sensor test is on then. This will allow you test all the sensor are enrolled on the alarm.

Any problems, let us know.

ok I got it off phone test and pressed done after sensor test prompt and it says function not available

ok I got it off phone test and pressed done after sensor test prompt and it says function not available

Have you got the paperwork off the alarm ?

• Advertisement

Yes I have it here, rooted it out of attic, a blue eircom form with alarm specification stuff.

Yes I have it here, rooted it out of attic, a blue eircom form with alarm specification stuff.

Sent you a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bootser

Your welcome,

Yes its a Simon alarm.

You will need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. I will send you a P.M regarding the engineer code. Drop the lid, enter engineer code. Delete option 04 done, delete option 05 done, delete option 06 done. Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done. Add option 44, 10 done. Add option 17, 20, done.
    Hi Altor
    i want to do the same with my alarm (same one as above), could you PM me bout resetting the engineers code?!
    thanks

bootser wrote: »
    Hi Altor
    i want to do the same with my alarm (same one as above), could you PM me bout resetting the engineers code?!
    thanks

P.M. sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aist66

Hello Altor - I am very impressed with the depth of your knowledge and hope you can help me too :rolleyes:.

I have Simon wireless system and my 3 year contract with Eircom just expired - I am still receiving a lot of calls and letters from them offering to renew...

The letter I received today is suggesting to organise a servise visit (chargeable) to disconnect the system from the phone line. However I want it to stay connected but ringing my mobile in case of alarm. Going through previous posts I understand I need to change some settings in the control panel. Could you please send me PM with instructions how to get Engineer's code to do that.

Also few months ago I had a problem with one of the sensors that was causing problems and PW talked me through the process and I deleted this sensor from the system. I would like to add this sensor back to the system after changing the battery that, I suspect, needs to be replaced in this sensor. Do I need engineer's or master code to add/delete sensors?

Thanks in advance for your help.

aist66 wrote: »
    Hello Altor - I am very impressed with the depth of your knowledge and hope you can help me too :rolleyes:.

I have Simon wireless system and my 3 year contract with Eircom just expired - I am still receiving a lot of calls and letters from them offering to renew...

The letter I received today is suggesting to organise a servise visit (chargeable) to disconnect the system from the phone line. However I want it to stay connected but ringing my mobile in case of alarm. Going through previous posts I understand I need to change some settings in the control panel. Could you please send me PM with instructions how to get Engineer's code to do that.

Also few months ago I had a problem with one of the sensors that was causing problems and PW talked me through the process and I deleted this sensor from the system. I would like to add this sensor back to the system after changing the battery that, I suspect, needs to be replaced in this sensor. Do I need engineer's or master code to add/delete sensors?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi aist66,

I would ignore there letter to take the numbers out of the system. All they will do is go into engineering and delete option 4,5 and 6 and then charge you for the privilege of them doing this. As you have said they could talk you through deleting the sensor over the phone so if they really wanted to help why not do the same with the numbers and account they want to use on some other customer. It is just a way of getting extra revenue out of unsuspecting people.

Sorry for the rant, I will send you a P.M. of how to do this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aist66

Hi aist66,

I would ignore there letter to take the numbers out of the system. All they will do is go into engineering and delete option 4,5 and 6 and then charge you for the privilege of them doing this. As you have said they could talk you through deleting the sensor over the phone so if they really wanted to help why not do the same with the numbers and account they want to use on some other customer. It is just a way of getting extra revenue out of unsuspecting people.

Sorry for the rant, I will send you a P.M. of how to do this :D

Hi altor,

Thank you so much for talking me through the process. You are the best - would be happy to use your services when need comes and definitely would recommend you to my friends.

P.S. You helped to so many people that you could put a button on you web site allowing your grateful customers to buy you a pint or or cup of cappuccino whatever you prefer :D

All the best

aist66 wrote: »
    Hi altor,

Thank you so much for talking me through the process. You are the best - would be happy to use your services when need comes and definitely would recommend you to my friends.

P.S. You helped to so many people that you could put a button on you web site allowing your grateful customers to buy you a pint or or cup of cappuccino whatever you prefer :D

All the best

Your welcome aist66, thats what the security forum here is all about. People in the know helping people who dont :D

The thoughts of all the unsuspecting old customers of P.W. being charge to take out numbers that they can remove with there toolbox is a disgrace :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Sounds like you have a simon panel installed. The beeping is the panel as it has a low battery and the time is not set. You must of had a power cut in the area. The battery in the panel may not need to be replaced. I will send you a pm with the info you require to get the alarm fixed.

Hello Altor

I am wondering if you could help me please?

Our Eircom phonewatch alarm keeps beeping every few minutes and is driving me nuts!

The date and time is fine albeit an hour out. Whenever I put in the code it comes up as system disarmed and battery low and the beeping continues. It used to do this a few months ago in the early morning but would stop when you put the code in. It was installed in 2003 and I don't think it has been serviced.

I've tried using the keypad to put it on silent but it just brings me to some weird shortcut. I think my parents have the manual safely stored away ie lost!

I'm at the stage where I would gladly smash it with a hammer:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hello Altor

I am wondering if you could help me please?

Our Eircom phonewatch alarm keeps beeping every few minutes and is driving me nuts!

The date and time is fine albeit an hour out. Whenever I put in the code it comes up as system disarmed and battery low and the beeping continues. It used to do this a few months ago in the early morning but would stop when you put the code in. It was installed in 2003 and I don't think it has been serviced.

I've tried using the keypad to put it on silent but it just brings me to some weird shortcut. I think my parents have the manual safely stored away ie lost!

I'm at the stage where I would gladly smash it with a hammer:)

Sounds like your battery(s) are in need of replacing. When were they changed since?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement