Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Ken,

You will need to have the paper work off the alarm to fix the phone issue. If you have it let me know.
    The other two are simple enough to do. I take it you have a simon alarm installed. Drop the lid, enter your user code. Press clock set then set the time with the buttons provided for the hour and minutes.
    If you press the test button then done, open the front door it will give a few load beeps press cancel. Close up the lid. this should clear the low battery warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Thanks for the reply ! The panel is in my apartment which I rent so I don't have the key word required by Eircom for details of the system. The panel looks like this one http://www.makemorespace.com/images/Eircom_panel.jpg.

I'll follow the instructions you gave and let you know how I got on. The beeps only started with the low battery warning, with that replaced Hoopefully it'll stop ?

Many thanks for the info :)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome,

Yes its a Simon alarm.

You will need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. I will send you a P.M regarding the engineer code. Drop the lid, enter engineer code. Delete option 04 done, delete option 05 done, delete option 06 done. Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done. Add option 44, 10 done. Add option 17, 20, done.

Tried this to reset my Eircom alarm but I kept getting errors.

When I tried any of the options, bar 43, it kept saying invalid option. I entered what I presumed was my engineers code and it let me continue in adding the new number.

Was I correct in presuming the code I entered was correct, or would it have confirmed that I entered a valid code (or invalid one if I put the wrong one in!)

Do I need to worry about the addition of the other options and/or why are they considered invalid options?

ZENER wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply ! The panel is in my apartment which I rent so I don't have the key word required by Eircom for details of the system. The panel looks like this one http://www.makemorespace.com/images/Eircom_panel.jpg.

I'll follow the instructions you gave and let you know how I got on. The beeps only started with the low battery warning, with that replaced Hoopefully it'll stop ?

Many thanks for the info :)

Ken

Your welcome Ken,

It is a simon alarm you have installed. You will need the engineer code or to default and reprogram the alarm to stop the panel ringing out to the monitoring station.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Tried this to reset my Eircom alarm but I kept getting errors.

When I tried any of the options, bar 43, it kept saying invalid option. I entered what I presumed was my engineers code and it let me continue in adding the new number.

Was I correct in presuming the code I entered was correct, or would it have confirmed that I entered a valid code (or invalid one if I put the wrong one in!)

Do I need to worry about the addition of the other options and/or why are they considered invalid options?

Hi RosieJoe,

It is not working as you are not entering the correct engineer code for the alarm. Yes it has to be set up as I said for it to work correctly. Do you have any paper work off the alarm ?

• Advertisement

Hi RosieJoe,

It is not working as you are not entering the correct engineer code for the alarm. Yes it has to be set up as I said for it to work correctly. Do you have any paper work off the alarm ?

Thanks for the response Altor. I have the paper work at home so can do nothing for the time being. Once I get it I can get back to you.

Thanks for the response Altor. I have the paper work at home so can do nothing for the time being. Once I get it I can get back to you.

I will P.M. you my number for when you get the paper work off the alarm. I will get the correct code off it for you.

I will P.M. you my number for when you get the paper work off the alarm. I will get the correct code off it for you.

Thanks for the help Altor. That is working great now! Rings the phone if the alarm goes off as you said. Thanks for the help and for taking the call, even this late on a Friday night.

Ro

Thanks for the help Altor. That is working great now! Rings the phone if the alarm goes off as you said. Thanks for the help and for taking the call, even this late on a Friday night.

Ro

Your welcome. I am always happy to help.

Hi Ken,

You will need to have the paper work off the alarm to fix the phone issue. If you have it let me know.
    The other two are simple enough to do. I take it you have a simon alarm installed. Drop the lid, enter your user code. Press clock set then set the time with the buttons provided for the hour and minutes.
    If you press the test button then done, open the front door it will give a few load beeps press cancel. Close up the lid. this should clear the low battery warning.

Thanks for the advice a while back. I'm still getting the System Low Battery alert despite having replaced the battery in the PSU ? I accepted the alerts by entering the code immediately after the errors are listed but it still returns. Is this the correct procedure ?

Any help much appreciated, I can see this panel getting smashed into electrons if this beeping goes on !! :)

T.I.A.

Ken

I opened the lid as you suggested and the panel asks me to "Use Numbered Keys To Enter ID " It doesn't seem to respond to the code I use to Set/Unset the Alarm. Is there another code I need ? Thanks

• Advertisement

Thats the funny thing about that alarm. The code could be a different combination of what you are entering. Thats the good thing about having the engineering code. You will need either the proper user code or the engineering code to clear this message correctly. Otherwise your looking at a default put reprogram of the alarm system. More than happy to help you do this if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 babycakes0017

hi altor im having some problems with my ercoim alarm system i rang them looking for the engineering code as i need it to reset the panal when i rang they said they would give it to me if i emailed them when i did this i got a phone call saying i had to pay for it. it is about 5 years old and is hkc make if you could help that would be great thanks:)

hi altor im having some problems with my ercoim alarm system i rang them looking for the engineering code as i need it to reset the panal when i rang they said they would give it to me if i emailed them when i did this i got a phone call saying i had to pay for it. it is about 5 years old and is hkc make if you could help that would be great thanks:)

More than happy to help babycakes0017. I will P.M. you my number :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 babycakes0017

hi altor thank you so much for all your help with are alarm system also for taking are call the other night all the information you gave to us helped us get our system back up and running. its working better now than it ever did .:) so thank you very much. i would recommend you to anyone looking for any work done .:)

hi altor thank you so much for all your help with are alarm system also for taking are call the other night all the information you gave to us helped us get our system back up and running. its working better now than it ever did .:) so thank you very much. i would recommend you to anyone looking for any work done .:)

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

Thats the funny thing about that alarm. The code could be a different combination of what you are entering. Thats the good thing about having the engineering code. You will need either the proper user code or the engineering code to clear this message correctly. Otherwise your looking at a default put reprogram of the alarm system. More than happy to help you do this if you want.

Yep, me again :)

Could really use your help getting this thing to stop beeping !! If I PM my phone number could you talk me through it ?

Much appreciated !!

Ken

More than happy to help, I will send you a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Hi Altor,
    Sorry to be hassling you, you seem to be up to your eyeballs here giving people advice.
    I'm looking for some help with my Simon system.
    Could I PM you to see what my options are?
    Many thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tdavfc

Hi Guys,

Just wondering could you let me know what my options are with Alarm Install. I purchased an Eircom Phone watch alarm and it is been fitted tomorrow, Simon XT wireless model. I was wondering what options do we have on the location of the Alarm Control Panel. We don’t really want in main Hall entrance as I am afraid they will run Conduit up walls for Power supply and phone connection. We have a utility room out the back where backdoor is located and Fuse Box. Could the control panel be located here and the phone line be connected into junction box in Attic?

We are getting a key fob with the system which should help but I was looking at accessories for the XT and there seems to be a wireless keypad we could put on wall at front door?? Or they also seem to do a touch screen version but it looks like it needs a power supply. Any help would be grateful as I am afraid the installer will force us to put in Hall and make a mess of wires.

Thanks,
    TDAVFC

Heroditas wrote: »
    Hi Altor,
    Sorry to be hassling you, you seem to be up to your eyeballs here giving people advice.
    I'm looking for some help with my Simon system.
    Could I PM you to see what my options are?
    Many thanks. :)

Hi Heroditas,

More than happy to help :D

Feel free to P.M. me..

• Advertisement

tdavfc wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering could you let me know what my options are with Alarm Install. I purchased an Eircom Phone watch alarm and it is been fitted tomorrow, Simon XT wireless model. I was wondering what options do we have on the location of the Alarm Control Panel. We don’t really want in main Hall entrance as I am afraid they will run Conduit up walls for Power supply and phone connection. We have a utility room out the back where backdoor is located and Fuse Box. Could the control panel be located here and the phone line be connected into junction box in Attic?

We are getting a key fob with the system which should help but I was looking at accessories for the XT and there seems to be a wireless keypad we could put on wall at front door?? Or they also seem to do a touch screen version but it looks like it needs a power supply. Any help would be grateful as I am afraid the installer will force us to put in Hall and make a mess of wires.

Thanks,
    TDAVFC

It is up to you how and where you want the panel to be installed. Remember you are the customer at the end of the day. With regard getting cables for power and phone to the control panel you will need to agree on a route for these cables. There will be plastic trunken used to protect these cables.

Yes, that is correct with regard the remote touch pad. It is a much neater job if you dont want the cables ran in the hall.

I am not a fan of the SIMON XT, the tampers in the devises can cause problem plus the plastic used in the making of the devices is very weak. Thats my opinion. There was also a problem with the supervisory of the sensors.

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tdavfc

It is up to you how and where you want the panel to be installed. Remember you are the customer at the end of the day. With regard getting cables for power and phone to the control panel you will need to agree on a route for these cables. There will be plastic trunken used to protect these cables.

Yes, that is correct with regard the remote touch pad. It is a much neater job if you dont want the cables ran in the hall.

I am not a fan of the SIMON XT, the tampers in the devises can cause problem plus the plastic used in the making of the devices is very weak. Thats my opinion. There was also a problem with the supervisory of the sensors.

Hope this helps..

Thanks Altor for the quick and precise response as always... Dont know how you get to reply to everybody!!

Glad to hear we can choose area for panel. Not so glad you dont like the XT!!! I thought it looked reasonable when reviewing online with the amount of extras we could add to the system and use of it after we give up the monitoring next year.. I should have asked your opinion before I ordered!! I can give it back after 30 days!!

Thanks,
    TD

tdavfc wrote: »
    Thanks Altor for the quick and precise response as always... Dont know how you get to reply to everybody!!

Glad to hear we can choose area for panel. Not so glad you dont like the XT!!! I thought it looked reasonable when reviewing online with the amount of extras we could add to the system and use of it after we give up the monitoring next year.. I should have asked your opinion before I ordered!! I can give it back after 30 days!!

Thanks,
    TD

Always try my best tdavfc :D

If that is the case there are a lot of alarms with different features than you could of got installed plus you could of self monitored the alarm from day 1.
    If the alarm is not already installed you still have the option to cancel but that is up to you. I would check to see if the return policy has any clause for payment of installation if you do plan on returning in 30 days :D At lease if you did return the alarm after 30 days you have the phone and power where you want it, makes a handy install for whoever comes in behind them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 red robbin

Hi Altor,

Just wondering if you would recommend a system that isn't too expensive but would monitor a front door and 2 patio doors (do not know if it they are wired or not). Also, do you work & if so do you offer a fitting service?

Many thanks in advance - I am so impressed with all the great info you are providing to people!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For something that basic take a look at the Powermax kit.
    Check out Northwood Technology on the suppliers sticky.
    Its wireless and would be very easy for a self instal.

red robbin wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

Just wondering if you would recommend a system that isn't too expensive but would monitor a front door and 2 patio doors (do not know if it they are wired or not). Also, do you work & if so do you offer a fitting service?

Many thanks in advance - I am so impressed with all the great info you are providing to people!

Hi red robbin,

I always try my best to help :D

If there are cables at your doors and windows then wired is what you will require, if not then you will need a wire free system. HKC, POWERMAX or SIGNET would be good systems to get installed. Feel free to P.M. me if you want to initiate contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Hi red robbin,

I always try my best to help :D

If there are cables at your doors and windows then wired is what you will require.
    How much would a wired system be, which is the best? Also live out in the sticks in a small estate so don't want false alarms goin off annoying people next door. Work is along way from home.

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    How much would a wired system be, which is the best? Also live out in the sticks in a small estate so don't want false alarms goin off annoying people next door. Work is along way from home.

Hi stee.mc79,

The price of a system would depend on what you want covered e.g. windows, doors, motions detectors, smoke detectors plus what you want from the alarm. If you want to monitor the alarm yourself, a text or voice dialer can be fitted to most alarms for use with your landline plus if you wanted remote access to the alarm for setting/unsetting plus to get a text when the alarm goes off a GSM could be fitted. The best option would be to get a few companys to call out and do a site survey of your premises. They will also give you a price guide of what the system will cost installed. Anything from 500Euro up expect to pay for a good wired system. Alarm systems installed to the EN50131 standard have a cut off time of 15 minutes for external and internal bells.

If you need any more info let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stee.mc79

Hi stee.mc79,

The price of a system would depend on what you want covered e.g. windows, doors, motions detectors, smoke detectors plus what you want from the alarm. If you want to monitor the alarm yourself, a text or voice dialer can be fitted to most alarms for use with your landline plus if you wanted remote access to the alarm for setting/unsetting plus to get a text when the alarm goes off a GSM could be fitted. The best option would be to get a few companys to call out and do a site survey of your premises. They will also give you a price guide of what the system will cost installed. Anything from 500Euro up expect to pay for a good wired system. Alarm systems installed to the EN50131 standard have a cut off time of 15 minutes for external and internal bells.

If you need any more info let us know.
    Will do thanks altor

• Advertisement

stee.mc79 wrote: »
    Will do thanks altor

Your welcome stee.mc79.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement