Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Chengo,

If you drop the front lid and enter your user code, this will allow you remove the sensors off the windows. Close the sensor back up after you have it taken off the window as you will need to close the lid when your finished or the panel will beep all the time.

When you fit them again do the same with the panel. If you have a tamper on any sensor, drop the lid and enter your code then check the tamper spring inside the sensor.

After completing this make sure you walk test the sensors. Drop the lid, enter user code, press the test button and press done. Check all your sensors then press done when the panel says sensor test ok.

Any problems, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Chengo

Thanks for your quick reply!

One more thing, is it possible to re program that alarm to dial my mobile number instead?

And do you know the model number of my alarm?

Thanks again.

Your welcome,

Yes its a Simon alarm.

You will need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. I will send you a P.M regarding the engineer code. Drop the lid, enter engineer code. Delete option 04 done, delete option 05 done, delete option 06 done. Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done. Add option 44, 10 done. Add option 17, 20, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭binosusan

hi i dont know what type box this is but i bought this house 5 years ago and havent serviced this nor changed any batteries. problems i have with the phonewatch is all sensors are wireless and difficult to buy batteries as they are like small capacitors found them on ebay for 40 eur each ( military grade battery). i had opened 1 sensor to check battery and after i closed it the system test still says sensor is open. i checked spring is in contact etc. also i would like the phonewatch to dial directly to my phone. can you tell me how to open this box, picture attached , where to get cheap batteries and how to program this.
    thanks
    bino

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭binosusan

photo of eircom phonewatch alarm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Chengo

Altor,

Thank you very much. I was able to get my engineer's code and your help over the phone was much appreciated. We did run into some complications but thanks to your expertise all was sorted.

binosusan wrote: »
    hi i dont know what type box this is but i bought this house 5 years ago and havent serviced this nor changed any batteries. problems i have with the phonewatch is all sensors are wireless and difficult to buy batteries as they are like small capacitors found them on ebay for 40 eur each ( military grade battery). i had opened 1 sensor to check battery and after i closed it the system test still says sensor is open. i checked spring is in contact etc. also i would like the phonewatch to dial directly to my phone. can you tell me how to open this box, picture attached , where to get cheap batteries and how to program this.
    thanks
    bino

Hi bino,

That is one of there older classic systems. Can you open the sensor and post a picture of it as it might be a loose cable between the shock and the contact. There is no way of getting it to contact you rather than the monitoring stations. Its sensors use a 311 frequency but you wont be replacing any parts on the system as they are obsolete now. If you do have a problem with the sensor you wont be able to get a replacement. Best advice I can give you if that is the case is to get a new system. You could contact Eircom as they can install a concord panel with receiver that will pick up on the old sensors plus if you need any replaced the concord panel will pick up on the new ones, only problem with this is the sensors for the concord use the 433 frequency which has a lot of devices on it now. The new frequency for alarms is 868.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 talaman

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome, any problems let me know.
    hi altor im new to this site .i am hoping you can help me i changed the batteries on my three sensors about six weeks ago and the alarm keeps bleeping especially at night it is waking me up nearly every night any advice you can give without using a hammer that can fix the problem thank you john [talaman]

Hi John,

Welcome to boards.

What system have you installed ?

Here's the info on my alarm

Model: 60-911-010-4-IE
    Intruder Alarm System
    Security grade 2

• Advertisement

talaman wrote: »
    Here's the info on my alarm

Model: 60-911-010-4-IE
    Intruder Alarm System
    Security grade 2

It is a simon panel.

Can you press the system status button and let me know what it says.

When I press the System Status button it says "System low battery, System phone communication failure"

That is the battery in the control panel, if you need a new one send me a P.M. The phone communication problem is because it is trying to communicate with the monitoring station but the line must be dead. You would need these numbers deleted to stop this happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

does anyone know where i can buy one of the ge simon 3 panels and 4 sensors with a reed and shock??even if its second hand just want a cheap one to mess about with and learn how it works..im 15 and mad into:) electronics lol

does anyone know where i can buy one of the ge simon 3 panels and 4 sensors with a reed and shock??even if its second hand just want a cheap one to mess about with and learn how it works..im 15 and mad into:) electronics lol

I have a few if your looking to buy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

hi altor i sent u a pm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shanetv175

where can one buy a pir for a eircom wireless system

What system have you installed ?

its one in my dads house its a large key pad box (kids shoe box size) to set alarm press home or away any more info needed i will have to go and visit him

shanetv175 wrote: »
    its one in my dads house its a large key pad box (kids shoe box size) to set alarm press home or away any more info needed i will have to go and visit him

If you know what it looks like there are a few pictures of panels on this thread. Another quick question, do you have engineer access to the alarm to add the PIR ?

• Advertisement

page 11 post 156 thats the one. i have deleted the pir of the system as it was picking up a fault. when doing walk test it would not pick up that pir if i open it up it picks up the tamper. its not monitered ,can i put a number in for it to ring

You would only be able to get them off Eircom. No suppliers would supply them, the system is too old. It cant be connected to ring your phone.

Many thanks for your time

shanetv175 wrote: »
    Many thanks for your time

I found one today in a box, the front cover is gone but your old one should go over it. If you want it send me a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Hey Altor,
    Just want to say thanks for all the advice. Plan on cancelling my monitoring with PW and came on here looking to find out how to program the alarm to call my mobile phone. Just looking back through the thread I see how its done. Have my engineering code. Thanks a mill!

RTT wrote: »
    Hey Altor,
    Just want to say thanks for all the advice. Plan on cancelling my monitoring with PW and came on here looking to find out how to program the alarm to call my mobile phone. Just looking back through the thread I see how its done. Have my engineering code. Thanks a mill!

More than happy to help if you have any problems setting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deiserebel

Hi Folks,
    I have recently moved into a house that has an eircom phone watch system. It is a concord model with a control box in the attic which contains the back-up battery and a GSM unit with a vodaphone sim card.

I have registered with eircom as the owner of the alarm and presume that they will give me the engineers code for the system?

Will I be able to program the alarm to call my mobile?

I presume that the GSM dialer will need an active SIM card to function. Is this easy...Is there combatability issues?

Thank you in advance for you assistance with this.

Rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deiserebel

Oh forgot to mention to that most irritatingly, the system beebs at night with notifications of "phone failure" & "alarm memory".
    I have no idea how to stop this............

Yes it can be set up if you have the engineer code off the alarm.

You will get the phone failure as the alarm is trying to contact PW but cant if the sim is not active.
    If you press * and your user code, can you post what it says is the alarm ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Hi Altor. Really appreciate all the advice and help you provide here but have been unable to find an answer for my problem.

I get 5 beeps in quick succession every couple of minutes. System status gives the following warnings.

System time not set.
    System phone communications failure.
    System low battery.

I've replaced the system battery today with a new battery. I presume a certain amount of time is required for it to reach the advertised terminal voltage because it's still complaining about the battery. Is this the case or is there something I need to do to cancel that announcement ? Normally I enter the code immediately after the warning have completed to clear them and this quietens the beeps for a few hours but this error persists.

Also how do I set the system time ?

Thanks in advance for the help and your time.

Ken

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement