Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

altor wrote: »
    The CS is for the monitoring station. The Concord can only take one number for the domestic dialer.
    A beeping alarm can be a pain but this battery will keep your system going if the mains is off so is a must to replace.

Hi, I checked all of the phone number locations and the only one that has anything in it is the Domestic Dialler item - it is set to my mobile number when I programmed it some time back. All of the CS items are blank.

I have also increased the dial-abort delay from 30 to 60 seconds so maybe this will make a slight difference.

Any other ideas on this, on how to prevent the system from dialing me constantly and so frequently that I can't even dial back into the system to de-activate it ?

I got the battery installed today - the thing is like a car battery, but thankfully only cost about €14.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Kace wrote: »
    Hi, I checked all of the phone number locations and the only one that has anything in it is the Domestic Dialler item - it is set to my mobile number when I programmed it some time back. All of the CS items are blank.

I have also increased the dial-abort delay from 30 to 60 seconds so maybe this will make a slight difference.

Any other ideas on this, on how to prevent the system from dialing me constantly and so frequently that I can't even dial back into the system to de-activate it ?

I got the battery installed today - the thing is like a car battery, but thankfully only cost about €14.

The dialer delay I would decrease down to 20 seconds. If an intruder was to gain entry to your home you wont know about it till the alarm rings you, making this longer only gives them longer till you are notified.

You do have to be quick pressing the * to give the alarm the kiss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

dsc01264c.jpg

I also have inherited one of these "Nynex" Telecom Eireann alarms and am replacing my windows and doors. How can I deactivate the alarm so that the sensors will not cause it to go off when they are removed? Having no joy with eircom since it is no longer monitored and I dont want to pay a call out fee. I'm tempted to just rip the fuse out but have a feeling that will trip the alarm and I wont be able to stop it. Any ideas?

When you open the sensor the alarm will activate, just put in your code to disarm it. Remove from window then put it back on new one.

Thanks Altor. Do I need to do this for all the windows or is once enough?
    Is there any way to permanently disable the alarm? I'll probably replace it in a few weeks once the new windows are in because to be honest, it is pretty rubbish (probably because its so old) and I'm not sure I want to go wrecking my new windows with the old sensors if they arent required for whatever solution I go for down the line.

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor. Do I need to do this for all the windows or is once enough?
    Is there any way to permanently disable the alarm? I'll probably replace it in a few weeks once the new windows are in because to be honest, it is pretty rubbish (probably because its so old)

It is a very old system so make sure not to break anything. Replacement parts are no longer available, unless it is something small. As much as I hate to say it you might be better off letting them take responsibility for the sensors coming off and going back on the windows in case you do break one.

So I guess permanently disabling it is the best solution then?
    Can that be done easily?
    Do I need an engineers code or can I just take out the fuse?

So I guess permanently disabling it is the best solution then?
    Can that be done easily?
    Do I need an engineers code or can I just take out the fuse?

Replacing the system would be the best solution. Powering it down by mains and battery will disable it for good.

Replacing the system would be the best solution. Powering it down by mains and battery will disable it for good.

Sorry to be a pain altor, what do you mean by "By mains and battery?" Where is the battery located, inside the panel?

Sorry to be a pain altor, what do you mean by "By mains and battery?" Where is the battery located, inside the panel?

The mains is coming from the fused spur. Make sure you turn off the mains going to the panel before getting at the battery. It is located at the back of the control panel. To get at it the control panel slides upwards, you will see its holder under the control panel.

• Advertisement

Thats great info. Thanks altor.

Thats great info. Thanks altor.

Your welcome, any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

The dialer delay I would decrease down to 20 seconds. If an intruder was to gain entry to your home you wont know about it till the alarm rings you, making this longer only gives them longer till you are notified.

You do have to be quick pressing the * to give the alarm the kiss off.

Yeah - I'll update that setting to put it back to 20 seconds.

In relation to the dialler - it's not possible to press the * straight away and get this to disable the alarm. I find I have to wait for a couple of alarm tones on the phone, then it goes silent for a few seconds and during that time you press the * to get it to disengage the alarm.

The problem is that this doesn't stop the alerting and the alarm almost immediately phones me back before I can get access to the system by dialing it again myself to fully disarm it.

I'm wondering whether I should change it to one of the CS settings and enter a number in there to see if that improves the situation - I know that you said this shouldn't really be done though, however I'm all out of ideas.

Kace wrote: »
    Yeah - I'll update that setting to put it back to 20 seconds.

In relation to the dialler - it's not possible to press the * straight away and get this to disable the alarm. I find I have to wait for a couple of alarm tones on the phone, then it goes silent for a few seconds and during that time you press the * to get it to disengage the alarm.

The problem is that this doesn't stop the alerting and the alarm almost immediately phones me back before I can get access to the system by dialing it again myself to fully disarm it.

I'm wondering whether I should change it to one of the CS settings and enter a number in there to see if that improves the situation - I know that you said this shouldn't really be done though, however I'm all out of ideas.

After you hear the tone there is a pause, this is when you press the * on your phone. Putting a number is the CS is going to give you an issue as you wont be able to give the alarm a kiss off it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sojc2002

hai
    i have the same system (part no 69-911) how can i set my system to dial my mobile & can i connect an external bell to my wireless system

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sojc2002

Your welcome,

Yes its a Simon alarm.

You will need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. I will send you a P.M regarding the engineer code. Drop the lid, enter engineer code. Delete option 04 done, delete option 05 done, delete option 06 done. Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done. Add option 44, 10 done. Add option 17, 20, done.

hai
    could you help me to do the same thing on my system simon security 60-911 & to add an external siren

byee

sojc2002 wrote: »
    hai
    could you help me to do the same thing on my system simon security 60-911 & to add an external siren

byee

More than happy to, sent you a P.M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Hi, any chance you can help me do the same with Eircom Phonewatch system. I can't afford monitoring and system is around 6 years old. Would like it to call my mobile :confused:;)

shawnee wrote: »
    Hi, any chance you can help me do the same with Eircom Phonewatch system. I can't afford monitoring and system is around 6 years old. Would like it to call my mobile :confused:;)

More than happy too :D

What system have you installed ?

When you say what system , it is eircom phonewatch, is there a specific type of eircom phonewatch ? there is no external name on the system other than eircom phonewatch .

• Advertisement

When you say what system , it is eircom phonewatch, is there a specific type of eircom phonewatch ? there is no external name on the system other than eircom phonewatch .

What does the system look like ?

It is a square cream box about six inches square , it has an angular vent on the top left and a circular vent on the top right :confused:

It is a square cream box about six inches square , it has an angular vent on the top left and a circular vent on the top right :confused:

Like this one ?

Sorry doesn't allow me to view that !

Sorry doesn't allow me to view that !

Is the last button on the top right the status button, e.g when you press it does it say the time is...

Yes that is the one !

Yes that is the one !

Sent you a P.M ;)

Sent you a pm Jason.

For any one else setting this up on there Simon panel:

You will need engineer access to the alarm to set this up. Send me a P.M regarding the engineer code.

Drop the lid, enter engineer code.
    Delete option 04 done.
    Delete option 05 done.
    Delete option 06 done.
    Add option 43 "enter the phone number you want the alarm to ring" done.
    Add option 44, 10 done. Add option 17, 20, done.

For option 17 some of the Simon panels need to see 3 digits, so enter:

Add option 17, 020, done.

Try the first one first then the 3 digit.

Any problems, let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

Hi Guys,
    I have Eircom alarm model 60-911-010-4-IE.
    It keeps beeping. I am assuming it is low battery.
    Can I stop the beeping before changing the battery (before my wife kills me and the alarm)?

Anyone got a manual for this alarm. I don't remember getting one from Eircom in 2008.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement