Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dubh_Ghaill

Have been having PW alarm trouble the last 3 nights with system alerts and found this thread. System was there when we bought the house and is not monitored. System is Concord. First 2 nights @3am beeping with system warning saying time and date not set. Downloaded a manual and set the time and date ( even though unit was displaying correct time/date!). Last night again @ 3am I get system battery low. I disarmed the sytem and cleared the status. Did a system test and its telling me the system battery is OK. I expect to be woken tonight @3am with another error.

Is it possible to do the following:

1. Change system test to a more reasonable time so I'm not woken in the middle of the night?

2. Disable beeps?

If it is a battery problem then how do I get the following:

1. System/Engineer code (I presume I need this to change the battery)
    2. Remove the battery and replace

Many thanks,
    DG

Afet going through the thread I removed the battery as per Altors instructions in order to determine what battery it was.

As you can see Eircom placed a nice sticker over the details. Altor has recommended a 12v 2.2aH battery but when I used a voltmeter the battery was charged to 13v.

Reliable Security products have the follwoing in stock,
    SmartGuard 2.3AH Battery 12V DC

using the limited information from the pic would this be sufficient?

Thanks,
    DG

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

13 volts is normal for these batteries.

Thanks KK,
    when you say normal do you mean I should be looking for a 13V battery or that it would be normal for the 12v battery above from Reliable to read as 13v?

Also could I have another issue in that my battery is fine (considering the meter showed it charged to 13v) but the alarm itself is detecting false issue with the battery itself.

-DG

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A good 12 v battery will read 13-13.8 volts DC

• Advertisement

Got the battery out again and stripped off the sticker blocking the battery details.

Current Battery is 12v 2.2ah.

Would a 12v 2.3ah do the job as a replacement or do I need to find an exact match?

Many thanks DG

Yes that'll do fine. Bring it with you and make sure you get the same shape/size one.

Result! New battery purchased in Reliable for approx €7.50 on Friday. No more warning beeps and sleep restored.

From going through past posts it would have cost me ~€150 to get Eircom out.

Many thanks to previous posters for the pointers and KoolKid for the most recent advice,
    DG

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭seanbrady49

This may sound trivalent but ever since we got our eircom pw alarm 5 yes ago the light in the bell box has never been on, just wondering if there is a way of activating it through the main panel or do I have to get a ladder, reason I ask is cause someone noticed and said it looks more like a dummy box.
    We're no longer sub to eircom and have the alarm call my mobile, we have a version 3 model.
    Cheers.

With Eircom PW its very possible its a dummy box. Activate your alarm & see if it rings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

This may sound trivalent but ever since we got our eircom pw alarm 5 yes ago the light in the bell box has never been on, just wondering if there is a way of activating it through the main panel or do I have to get a ladder, reason I ask is cause someone noticed and said it looks more like a dummy box.
    We're no longer sub to eircom and have the alarm call my mobile, we have a version 3 model.
    Cheers.

Wouldn't worry to much ... It still shows you have an alarm installed .. As long as its dialling out .
    You can get little battery moduals with LEDs that flash .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jack Haran

Anyone know the master access code for a Simon 60-911 control pane?

Do you mean the engineer code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jack Haran

Indded I do Koolkid, don't want to keep paying 300+ euro for monitoring.

Sending you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jRoy

Hi,
    This seems to be right thread to post this question but if its not, please pardon my ignorance.

I am moving into a new house that's wired for an alarm (doors, windows and hallways) and I am lost in trying to make a decision. I'd really appreciate if someone (altor?) could recommend an alarm system that supports:
    1. 5 windows, 3 doors, 2 hallways, 6 rooms (bed, kitchen etc...) over 2.5 floors (not sure how many zones that'll translate into)
    2. Autodialer (sim or WIFI) so I get a text
    3. A system that I can disable/enable an alarm by sending it a text or using an app on my phone if possible.
    4. Use a fob to arm/disarm

I haven't had any joy googling so looking for some help from the experts.
    Thanks a mil,
    jRoy

What your looking for is all pretty standard stuff and available on most systems.
    One of these would be probably best for your needs. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

Jack Haran wrote: »
    Anyone know the master access code for a Simon 60-911 control pane?

Hi guys, we have an eircom phone watch wireless alarm that hasn't been monitored for about two years. In that time we have switched to upc. My wife is putting pressure on me to get it working again. Just wondering what's the cheapest way to do it? Are there other non eircom companies that can adapt and monitor the alarm over gsm? I've read mobile blocking devices can be an issue to
    Cheers mick

Plenty of companies will adapt and monitor this system. You do not have to pay for GSM, your UPC line will work fine also.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Hi guys, we have an eircom phone watch wireless alarm that hasn't been monitored for about two years. In that time we have switched to upc. My wife is putting pressure on me to get it working again. Just wondering what's the cheapest way to do it? Are there other non eircom companies that can adapt and monitor the alarm over gsm? I've read mobile blocking devices can be an issue to
    Cheers mick

you can set it up to ring your phone over the upc line .
    Just note that if the upc line is cut or if the power goes your system is useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Eannab4

Hi All,

Just joined!

I'm lookiing for help with an EircomPW system that is no longer monitored or connected to a phone line.
    I was doing other electrical work for a lady today in a house when she asked if I could investigate an alarm.

It started beeping after the storms last week and is no longer working. I opened it thinking it would be an easy fix. i.e. fuse on circuit board.
    It is looking like it is the power transformer that is damaged.

I'm looking for a replacement or advise on other possible issues/ solutions.
    I can't find out the output of the transformer (6 or 12v ??Amps)
    Will I need an engineer code and reporgamming when power is restored? (6volt battery is dead)

Any help will be much appriciated.

The system details are as follows:
    Eircom PhoneWatch
    GE Simon 3
    Model 60-911-010-4-IE

Transformer:
    MCI 4-44-5307

IMG_2032[1].jpg

IMG_2033[1].jpg

IMG_2037[1].jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Eannab4 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just joined!

I'm lookiing for help with an EircomPW system that is no longer monitored or connected to a phone line.
    I was doing other electrical work for a lady today in a house when she asked if I could investigate an alarm.

It started beeping after the storms last week and is no longer working. I opened it thinking it would be an easy fix. i.e. fuse on circuit board.
    It is looking like it is the power transformer that is damaged.

I'm looking for a replacement or advise on other possible issues/ solutions.
    I can't find out the output of the transformer (6 or 12v ??Amps)
    Will I need an engineer code and reporgamming when power is restored? (6volt battery is dead)

Any help will be much appriciated.

The system details are as follows:
    Eircom PhoneWatch
    GE Simon 3
    Model 60-911-010-4-IE

Transformer:
    MCI 4-44-5307

IMG_2032[1].jpg

IMG_2033[1].jpg

IMG_2037[1].jpg

Are you aware of the PSA?

If you are not a PSA licenced installer you are breaking the law and so is she. You should be advising her of this and her obligations to use a licenced installer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement