Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sanvi

Thanks Altor, yes it is a shock sensor. I have tried the system today. I have armed it and then tried to get the sensor to work by banging on the window. I had to give quite a big bang before it went off...can this help?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sanvi wrote: »
    Thanks Altor, yes it is a shock sensor. I have tried the system today. I have armed it and then tried to get the sensor to work by banging on the window. I had to give quite a big bang before it went off...can this help?

More than likely the head causing the false alarm.

Thanks Altor, is it something we can easily solve (considering we are not great in DYI :o)? If so where do we get the part?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If so where do we get the part?

Most of the suppliers here would be able to sort you out.

Great! Thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. Bring the old head with you just to be sure.
    Any problems , you know where we are.

Thanks Altor, is it something we can easily solve (considering we are not great in DYI :o)? If so where do we get the part?

Yes, very easy to do yourself. Drop the lid on the control panel and enter your user code. Open the sensor in question. You will see the head connected to the unit by 2 screws. Using a small flat head screw driver open the screws to release the head. Replace the head with a new one.

Any problems let us know ;)

you are all really helpful!! Thank you very much!! :)

you are all really helpful!! Thank you very much!! :)

Always try me best :D

Make sure you ring the suppliers in advance as they may need to order some in.
    Another alternative is to buy one of the wired sensors and use the new head off this.
    When asking the suppliers you are looking for the sensor head off the Aritech RF 433 sensors only, not the full unit.

Perfect, will do! Thanks again!!

• Advertisement

Perfect, will do! Thanks again!!

Your welcome, any other problems let us know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Hi,
    What is the best way to silence a 2003 Concord Alarm after it has called your mobile. I have tried # and * but I think they need to be keyed in pretty quickly after the alarm has called the mobile. The mobile is an Iphone 3gs if it makes any difference.
    thanks

joe1303l wrote: »
    Hi,
    What is the best way to silence a 2003 Concord Alarm after it has called your mobile. I have tried # and * but I think they need to be keyed in pretty quickly after the alarm has called the mobile. The mobile is an Iphone 3gs if it makes any difference.
    thanks

The only way to stop it is when the alarm tone stops press the # button. The phone type should not make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

I recently moved into a house that has an Eircom Phonewatch system (House is only three years old so I assume it's a fairly new system). The previous owner's contract had expired and he didn't renew it. I'm using it as a basic unmonitored alarm system. Every few days the control panel starts beeping. I enter the code and get a 'DMC FTC' message. I googled it and think it's a test call to the phonewatch system. Am I right?

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this?

Rega wrote: »
    I recently moved into a house that has an Eircom Phonewatch system (House is only three years old so I assume it's a fairly new system). The previous owner's contract had expired and he didn't renew it. I'm using it as a basic unmonitored alarm system. Every few days the control panel starts beeping. I enter the code and get a 'DMC FTC' message. I googled it and think it's a test call to the phonewatch system. Am I right?

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this?

FTC is the system not communicating with the monitoring station. The only way to stop this is to get the engineer code and delete the numbers. If you can get the paper work off this system then you can delete the numbers and get the system to send you a text if your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone. If you do get the paperwork send me a P.M, more than happy to help you get the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

altor wrote: »
    FTC is the system not communicating with the monitoring station. The only way to stop this is to get the engineer code and delete the numbers. If you can get the paper work off this system then you can delete the numbers and get the system to send you a text if your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone. If you do get the paperwork send me a P.M, more than happy to help you get the code.

Cheers Altor. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what i can find.

Rega wrote: »
    Cheers Altor. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what i can find.

Your welcome, always happy to help Rega :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Hi,
    Looking for advice on phonewatch alarm,
    I am current customer with eircom with a wireless alarm.
    I had routine visit at the end of last year and the technician said that on the next visit he would probably have to replace the batteries in the sensors.
    As I don't have a service contract he said it could work out pretty expensive?
    Is it possible to change the batteries myself or would that affect my contract with PW.?

Optimum wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for advice on phonewatch alarm,
    I am current customer with eircom with a wireless alarm.
    I had routine visit at the end of last year and the technician said that on the next visit he would probably have to replace the batteries in the sensors.
    As I don't have a service contract he said it could work out pretty expensive?
    Is it possible to change the batteries myself or would that affect my contract with PW.?

Can he not change the batteries on the routine visit and just charge you for the batteries? Why is he doing a routine visit if you don't have a contract in place?
    Replacing the batteries is a very easy job to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Can he not change the batteries on the routine visit and just charge you for the batteries? Why is he doing a routine visit if you don't have a contract in place?
    Replacing the batteries is a very easy job to do.[/Quote]

We have a monitoring contract with them but not the additional full service contract where they look after the hardware.
    From what I remember the technician said it could be up to 10 euro for each sensor?
    He suggested joining the maintenance contract!

• Advertisement

Optimum wrote: »
    Replacing the batteries is a very easy job to do.

We have a monitoring contract with them but not the additional full service contract where they look after the hardware.
    From what I remember the technician said it could be up to 10 euro for each sensor?
    He suggested joining the maintenance contract![/QUOTE]

To cover the hardware you will pay a lot more than it is worth in the years of the contract. I would just put the system on test and change the batteries yourself. If they have a problem with that then go to a different company. I was out with an old customer of there's a couple of weeks ago and he asked them to move the control panel 10mm when he was with them, they said he would have to book it in as they are only there to test the system, more money is all they wanted to do this. Took 2 minutes to move it for him. 10 euro for each battery is also expensive. Most wholesalers will sell these batteries in packs for half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nickytl

Hi,
    I have an unmonitored concord (installed by eircom no longer monitored) system. It has started complaining about a sensor being open that i cant locate and a few other issues. Is there a manual about that could tell me how to change batteries and test sensors and clear faults etc? I recently had to pay about 140 euro to have a battery changed in the unit so dont want to have to call out eircom again.
    Any help would be great.
    thanks
    N

nickytl wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have an unmonitored concord (installed by eircom no longer monitored) system. It has started complaining about a sensor being open that i cant locate and a few other issues. Is there a manual about that could tell me how to change batteries and test sensors and clear faults etc? I recently had to pay about 140 euro to have a battery changed in the unit so dont want to have to call out eircom again.
    Any help would be great.
    thanks
    N

Sent you a P.M re the manual.

If you press the star button on the control panel, you may need to enter your code depending on how old the system is. It will tell you what sensor is open.
    It may be a low battery or an issue with the sensor.

Ouch on the €140 for a control battery replacement :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pginty

Hi all
    I am a newbie to this. I have no experence in alarms systems and just have a few questions that you might be able to answer. the system I have is an eircom phonewatch alarm. Its a simon v3 connected to a gsm dialler.
    I changed the sim card and managed to get it to call my number mobile number
    with option 43 if the alarm goes off.
    I want to be able to call the alarm system and remotely set it but everytime I do this it says the number is busy and then I get a text to my mobile straight after giving me signal quality % and the battery voltage.
    Anyone have any ideas. Thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

The reason for this is it will not do this with a GSM connected to the alarm. It needs an analog line for remote access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pginty

Thanks Altor, I am glad I checked before I started to waste mytime.
    Thanks for the other info regarding the putting in the mobile number and deleting the options 04 ,05 ,and 06

Its was very helpful
    Paul

pginty wrote: »
    Thanks Altor, I am glad I checked before I started to waste mytime.
    Thanks for the other info regarding the putting in the mobile number and deleting the options 04 ,05 ,and 06

Its was very helpful
    Paul

Your welcome Paul. It is handy to have some sort of monitoring on the system if it is not monitored. Any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Smoke alarm on phonewatch system started beeping yesterday.So changed batteries today.Not sure if I did it right as the alarm went off when I took the smoke alarm down and and when I put it back.
    Its still beeping.........1 beep every 30 seconds
    Any ideas?............its driving me:mad:

No contract with phoinewatch

Smoke alarm on phonewatch system started beeping yesterday.So changed batteries today.Not sure if I did it right as the alarm went off when I took the smoke alarm down and and when I put it back.
    Its still beeping.........1 beep every 30 seconds
    Any ideas?............its driving me:mad:

No contract with phoinewatch

Which system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

altor wrote: »
    Which system?

Manual says international concord?.....its wireless

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement