Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Manual says international concord?.....its wireless

You will need check if the tamper closed corrrectly on the unit, also check the battery is installed correctly. Then press * and your code. This will give the fault that is on the panel. Post this back up what it is saying. You may not need the code depending on how old the system is, if so keep pressing the * button to hear all events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

altor wrote: »
    You will need check if the tamper closed corrrectly on the unit, also check the battery is installed correctly. Then press * and your code. This will give the fault that is on the panel. Post this back up what it is saying. You may not need the code depending on how old the system is, if so keep pressing the * button to hear all events.

"phone failure trouble" about 20 times so far

"phone failure trouble" about 20 times so far

That is the problem so. Has your phone line being disconnected?

That is the problem so. Has your phone line being disconnected?

installed in 2007
    The alarm has been disconnected from phonewatch since 2009.We have got this message in the past but it always worked out in the end.
    I have changed the smoke alarm batteries before,This is the first time the smoke alarm won't stop beeping.

Could it be the batteries?

normally we use duracel 123,this time we got energiser 123,says on the back cover they must be recommeended?

installed in 2007
    The alarm has been disconnected from phonewatch since 2009.We have got this message in the past but it always worked out in the end.
    Its just the smoke alarm won't stop beeping.

That is because the numbers for the monitoring station are still programmed into the system.

You will need to take the batteries out of the smoke alarm. Using a small piece of cable connect across the positive and negative terminals where the battery was connected. This will disperse any power that is in the unit. Put back in the batteries and see if that clears the fault. Failing this, it may be a problem with the detector itself.

• Advertisement

That is because the numbers for the monitoring station are still programmed into the system.

You will need to take the batteries out of the smoke alarm. Using a small piece of cable connect across the positive and negative terminals where the battery was connected. This will disperse any power that is in the unit. Put back in the batteries and see if that clears the fault. Failing this, it may be a problem with the detector itself.

Thanks Altor ,I will try that.

Is there anyway I can stop the alarm going off everytime I take down the smoke alarm?

Thanks Altor ,I will try that.

Is there anyway I can stop the alarm going off everytime I take down the smoke alarm?

No, as that is the tamper on the unit.
    All you can do is enter your user code to disarm the system.
    Let us know how you get on.

No, as that is the tamper on the unit.
    All you can do is enter your user code to disarm the system.
    Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.......will do.
    Will get some cable in the morning

Thanks Altor for the help.All sorted:)

Thanks Altor for the help.All sorted:)

Always happy to help, any other problems let us know ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hoppy8

Hi altor

I have a Simon xt system and I'm no longer paying monthly for ...how can I disarm the system without an engineer as I cannot afford to pay for one at the mo ....

Hoppy8 wrote: »
    Hi altor

I have a Simon xt system and I'm no longer paying monthly for ...how can I disarm the system without an engineer as I cannot afford to pay for one at the mo ....

Hi Hoppy8,

I don't quite follow what the problem is that you are having?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 genetix

Hi,

I am renting and have an Eircom Phonewatch alam which was recently disconnected from Eircom as no phone line in the house.

Since the eircom guy left its been stuck in status mode or something as anytime a window or door is opened the box says eg: 'inertia sensor front door'. I have no idea what box it is as only says Eircom Phonewatch, has 3 emergency buttons under keypad if that helps?

Here is a pic of it..

eircom_alarm.jpg

Any info or manual would be a great help!

Cheers,

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Sounds like the chime feature is on

Try pressing 7+1

Sounds like the chime feature is on

That is what it sounds like alright....

Try pressing 7+1

Hi, Are you replying to my post? So I go to Program then option 7 then option 1? Doesnt seem to work :confused:

Cheers,

G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

genetix wrote: »
    Hi, Are you replying to my post? So I go to Program then option 7 then option 1? Doesnt seem to work :confused:

Cheers,

G

Test + the code + 6 will turn the chime thingy off

jd83 wrote: »
    Test + the code + 6 will turn the chime thingy off

That worked a charm! I am sane again! Cheers mate!

Do you know which outdoor boxes (ringer) can be fitted to this alarm as theyre currently dummies as was connected to Eircom but now after landlord disconnected the service I have a working alarm that doesnt ring!!

Any info appreciated as he says no boxes work with it! Typical landlord! :mad:

Cheers,

G

I'm not 100% but I think the Simon bell can be connected to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 booklady

Hi I have never posted before,I have a eircom phonewatch alarm (out of contract) but it still rings eircom every day,I want it to ring my mobile ?Any ideas how its done ? (International Concord box)

I'm not 100% but I think the Simon bell can be connected to it

hey mate, any other info or anyone know where i can get info on what bells i can use?

Cheers!

Al

Hi, still really stuck here.. Does anyone know of what bell will go with my eircom box? Can I use a dialer to call or text my mobile instead of fitting bells? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Do you have the engineer code ?

Do you have the engineer code ?

No, how could i get that? I can set the normal alarm code and other settings if helps?

Cheers,

G

booklady wrote: »
    Hi I have never posted before,I have a eircom phonewatch alarm (out of contract) but it still rings eircom every day,I want it to ring my mobile ?Any ideas how its done ? (International Concord box)

Yes, you need to enter engineering and put your phone number into the domestic dialer. That is if you have one that has a dialer built in. If not then a voice dialer can be added and triggered off the bell outputs.

genetix wrote: »
    Hi, still really stuck here.. Does anyone know of what bell will go with my eircom box? Can I use a dialer to call or text my mobile instead of fitting bells? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

To be honest parts needed to add a global sab to your alarm would not be available, same with adding a dialer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 booklady

I have all the paperwork but no engineer code .Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Hi Guys,
    I've a phonewatch alarm (with a Simon 3 panel) and I have the engineer code.
    I needed to replace the battery in the front door sensor, so I deleted the sensor to stop the panel from beeping. Of course I then left it like this for ages and have only got the sensor for the battery now. When I go to add the sensor back, the panel is asking me for a 'group' number for the sensor ??
    Any ideas what this group should be ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

It's ok - I got it. Group 10, for anyone who needs it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement