Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Group 10 :)

Sorry didn't see that post :/ group 13 for alarm sensors and group 10 for entry exit . Group 17 ( i think !) for motions

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Gruver

I have an eircom phonewatch system (Simon 60-911 Control Panel) that is out of contract (I have the Master Access Code). There is a low battery in one of the sensors. The status message is "Sensor 2 Front Door Low Battery". Also, the alarm panel is beeping every few (5?) minutes to notify me/warn me that the sensor's battery is low. To begin with I would like to stop the beeping. I would then like to disable the Front Door Sensor (#2). I have downloaded the 60-911 manual but I'm not entirely sure how to temporarily disable the sensor (#2). Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Drop down lid, enter master code . Press delete , press sensor button until you hear sensor 2 front door , then press delete . I'm presuming you have a working external bell ?

Thanks Thunderbird2. When you say "I'm presuming you have a working external bell ?" do you mean alarm bell? It isn't ringing. It is the control panel that is beeping every so often. Oddlly it stopped beeping this afternoon but I think it is probably sensible to replace the battery anyhow. I'm guessing that if I have removed (deleted) the sensor from the system I can open the sensor and replace the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sorry didn't see that post :/ group 13 for alarm sensors and group 10 for entry exit . Group 17 ( i think !) for motions

And group 35 is if you want to set up a motion for entry/exit

Gruver wrote: »
    I have an eircom phonewatch system (Simon 60-911 Control Panel) that is out of contract (I have the Master Access Code). There is a low battery in one of the sensors. The status message is "Sensor 2 Front Door Low Battery". Also, the alarm panel is beeping every few (5?) minutes to notify me/warn me that the sensor's battery is low. To begin with I would like to stop the beeping. I would then like to disable the Front Door Sensor (#2). I have downloaded the 60-911 manual but I'm not entirely sure how to temporarily disable the sensor (#2). Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Drop the front lid on the control panel, enter your user code.
    Press delete, option, 01, done.
    What that does is turn off the trouble beeps.
    It is not advisable to leave them off as they are there to alert you of any issues.
    When you replace the battery, simply press add, option, 01, done. To turn it back on.

Thanks Thunderbird2. When you say "I'm presuming you have a working external bell ?" do you mean alarm bell? It isn't ringing. It is the control panel that is beeping every so often. Oddlly it stopped beeping this afternoon but I think it is probably sensible to replace the battery anyhow. I'm guessing that if I have removed (deleted) the sensor from the system I can open the sensor and replace the battery.

no I was just guessing because the front door isn't set as sensor one ,if you have an outside bell ( called module by the panel) its put into the system as sensor 1 module

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

altor wrote: »
    And group 35 is if you want to set up a motion for entry/exit

Thanks Thunderbird2 and altor.
    Both very helpful, as always!:)

no I was just guessing because the front door isn't set as sensor one ,if you have an outside bell ( called module by the panel) its put into the system as sensor 1 module

The GSM is set up this way also so don't get confused about that if you come across it. It does not make a difference as what zone it can be learned in on as it will work on other zones. It is just the tamper for either device ;) Group 08.

• Advertisement

phantom60 wrote: »
    Thanks Thunderbird2 and altor.
    Both very helpful, as always!:)

Always happy to help :D

no probs :)

Many thanks for the great advice. I have a much better understanding of how the Simon system works now. I know it is a little outdated and it has its failings but it is actually a much better system with much more functionality than I had previously believed.

Anyhow, two related questions:

I understand that before changing the battery for the front door sensor I must first delete the sensor from the system (and add it back afterwards) but when replacing the battery in the sensor is there anything that I need to look out for?

I tested the sytsem yesterday and noticed that the upstairs motion sensor is not working (the downstairs sensor is). I am guessing that it may be a flat battery (although I don't recall any error messages). The sensor is in a corner at the landing. Is the sensor typically glued or screwed to the wall? How do you replace the battery? Is it the same battery that the door sensors use? - I hope so as I have just ordered three!

Thanks!

You dont need to delete the sensor . You can go ahead and change the battery, by deleting the sensor it would stop the trouble beeps until you got it fixed.(altors methos would work just aswell also)
    Wait 3 mins before testing the sensor on the landing as they go into sleep mode

Interesting - I may be mistaken but the last time I tried to change a sensor's battery (without first having deleted the sensor from the system) I think I triggered a tamper alert.

Many thanks for the great advice. I have a much better understanding of how the Simon system works now. I know it is a little outdated and it has its failings but it is actually a much better system with much more functionality than I had previously believed.

Anyhow, two related questions:

I understand that before changing the battery for the front door sensor I must first delete the sensor from the system (and add it back afterwards) but when replacing the battery in the sensor is there anything that I need to look out for?

I tested the sytsem yesterday and noticed that the upstairs motion sensor is not working (the downstairs sensor is). I am guessing that it may be a flat battery (although I don't recall any error messages). The sensor is in a corner at the landing. Is the sensor typically glued or screwed to the wall? How do you replace the battery? Is it the same battery that the door sensors use? - I hope so as I have just ordered three!

Thanks!

If you drop the lid and put in your user code then it will go into user walk test which will allow you change the batteries without activating the alarm. Deleting is only an option if you where have a tamper issue that wont clear no matter what you do. You would need the engineer code to do this also.

The PIR should be held in place with screws. On the top of the PIR there is a cover that needs to be removed. In behind this you should see a screw which needs to be taken out. Then get a flat head screw driver and put it in just above where the screw was. Leaver the screw driver down and the PIR cover should come forward from the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Quick question guys/altor..

My girlfriends house has Eircom phone watch which beeps loud a few times when she puts on/off the alarm. I get up in the middle of the night and need to go to the toilet so I switch off the alarm, which wakes her up and I get into trouble!! Is there anyway to silence the on/off beeps? Volume reduction possible?

Thanks

Is it a GE Simon ? Male voice ? No screen ? Red disarm light?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Is it a GE Simon ? Male voice ? No screen ? Red disarm light?

Not sure exactly. She has a remote to turn it on and off and can also type in the codes manually if needs be. A male voice says when its on and off... Not sure about screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before. When Phone watch was installed the engineer told me that the phoneline entering the house was easy to access and could be cut. If this happened would the system alarm or give any indication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 booklady

Hi
    I have looked at all the paperwork for the alarm but cant find where it has the engineer code written......any help please ?

ando wrote: »
    Quick question guys/altor..

My girlfriends house has Eircom phone watch which beeps loud a few times when she puts on/off the alarm. I get up in the middle of the night and need to go to the toilet so I switch off the alarm, which wakes her up and I get into trouble!! Is there anyway to silence the on/off beeps? Volume reduction possible?

Thanks

Yes, drop the front lid and enter your user code. Press, add, option 42. Then press 1-8 done. This controls the volume on the Simon system. 8 would be loud but it can be brought down.

booklady wrote: »
    Hi
    I have looked at all the paperwork for the alarm but cant find where it has the engineer code written......any help please ?

Sent you a P.M re the code.

Drop lid enter master code press "add" press "Option" then 55 . would control the beep volume

Drop lid enter master code press "add" press "Option" then 55 . would control the beep volume

Thats correct, was thinking of the volume on the Simon.

altor wrote: »

Thats correct, was thinking of the volume on the Simon.

I got your back :) haha

I got your back :) haha

Cheers man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi Guys

At present my alarm is using GSM module (I Think) as we don't have physical phone line. We have UPC for the phone. Altor told me he recommends using UPC over the GSM for the monitoring.
    I'm living in Waterford and I'm looking for recommendations of alternative monitoring service.
    Any help out there will be appreciated :)

Hi Guys

At present my alarm is using GSM module (I Think) as we don't have physical phone line. We have UPC for the phone. Altor told me he recommends using UPC over the GSM for the monitoring.
    I'm living in Waterford and I'm looking for recommendations of alternative monitoring service.
    Any help out there will be appreciated :)

To be honest everything has a way around it. All that can be done is protect it as best we can.

If you have a look here on the PSA website there is a list of installers to find some local.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Roundstock

dsc01264c.jpg

Hey all new here. Bought new house with this same panel installed. It was monitored by eircom up until a few months ago. I'm ok with electronics and was wondering does anybody know the panel name or have an installation manual and engineers code. I have downloaded the user manual which is pretty much useless.
    I want to change this to dial my phone and piggyback a gsm unit on it to txt other phones
    Any help appreciated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement