Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Παρασκευή ... ΚΑΤΑΙΓΙΔΩΝ, καυτό ήλιο,τεράστιος ΓΑΜΗΜΕΝΟΥ μουντάινς,και περισσότερο ήλιο αιμορραγία και τα βουνά,και περισσότερα βουνά και τον ήλιο και τη θερμότητα και τα φορτία των κατηφόρα και τελικά τελείωσε.....153

if anyone has any specific Q's,il answer dem in english

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Παρασκευή ... ΚΑΤΑΙΓΙΔΩΝ, καυτό ήλιο,τεράστιος ΓΑΜΗΜΕΝΟΥ μουντάινς,και περισσότερο ήλιο αιμορραγία και τα βουνά,και περισσότερα βουνά και τον ήλιο και τη θερμότητα και τα φορτία των κατηφόρα και τελικά τελείωσε.....153

Which translates as .........
    Ultraman is a legend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Can I have extra tzatziki with my number 153?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Fairplay , μεγάλη απόδοση . Ελπίζω ότι θα έχετε την ευκαιρία να απολαύσετε την επίτευξη και υπερβολές και καταχρήσεις σε ό, τι δηλητήριο σας είναι ...... Μου άρεσε πολύ η έκθεση ιδιαίτερα το κομμάτι για την κατάβαση ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Αντώνιος, αυτό είναι ένας σίγουρος υποψήφιος φωτιά για την έκθεση του έτους

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Fairplay , μεγάλη απόδοση . Ελπίζω ότι θα έχετε την ευκαιρία να απολαύσετε την επίτευξη και υπερβολές και καταχρήσεις σε ό, τι δηλητήριο σας είναι ...... Μου άρεσε πολύ η έκθεση ιδιαίτερα το κομμάτι για την κατάβαση ;)

Προτιμούσα το κομμάτι σχετικά με τις καταιγίδες εαυτό μου. Συμφωνώ με Meno - σίγουρα έκθεση του έτους

Μπράβο UM1 - Δουβλίνο θα φαίνεται τόσο επίπεδη και βαρετό μετά από αυτό

:cool:

Here Anto, so what was your biggest achievement this year? Finishing the Spartathlon or Pacing the sub 4 group in Limerick?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Here Anto, so what was your biggest achievement this year? Finishing the Spartathlon or Pacing the sub 4 group in Limerick?
    Nuthin I ever do Will match my win over u in johnstownbridge 5k...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Google translate servers on overload today

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

ΓΑΜΗΜΕΝΟΥ!

Woo! I can swear in greek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Nice one Ultradippides1.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Google translate servers on overload today

Even in Greek, its easier to follow than usual :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

Serious questions:

What was the worst part of the race, where did you feel the lowest and how close were you to ever quitting?

Did you talk w/ Dean K?

When the finish came, how did it feel? Was it relief, elation or were you too tired to even know?

How much food did you eat and how many toliet breaks did you take?

I'm completely curious as I can't even imagine what an event like this is like....

What was the worst part of the race, where did you feel the lowest and how close were you to ever quitting?....worst part was coming down the mountain where i thought i would make up any time lost crawling up it,it was too steep and rocky to run in the dark and got to the bottom cp with no time in the bag,..the cp(bout 105miles) where i was 17mins over was as near as i got to think bout quitting as i assumed they were gonna stop me,instead the said allez-allez,so i legged it..

Did you talk w/ Dean K? , ..no ,just saw him at the start line,he didnt recognise me,...afaik he was last out of the americans that finished,

When the finish came, how did it feel? Was it relief, elation or were you too tired to even know? ....when i knew for sure i was gonna finish,with bout 3k to go,i was relieved,and tried to enjoy the last few minutes,,the final run up to the finish with all the shouting and kids cycleing and running u up to the statue was quite emotional knowing it was coming to an end,and wen the finish came it was just a satisfiing feeling that i had done it,

How much food did you eat and how many toliet breaks did you take? ..took a breakfast bar and filled up my bottle with high 5 3-1 every 20 km for first 80km,and nibbled on some mini tuc crackers on the tables,tooka bit of soup and bit of rice on a couple of tables aswell during the night,and some coffe to ward off sleep,,,on the second day i was being rushed through the cp's so i mostly took coke and filled my bottle with coke 3 times per hour,i worked out it was 12 ltrs of coke over a 13 hr period....had 1 forced #2 as i thought sharted and 3 pee on the first day and loads on the second day due to the coke

What was the worst part of the race, where did you feel the lowest and how close were you to ever quitting?....worst part was coming down the mountain where i thought i would make up any time lost crawling up it,it was too steep and rocky to run in the dark and got to the bottom cp with no time in the bag,..the cp(bout 105miles) where i was 17mins over was as near as i got to think bout quitting as i assumed they were gonna stop me,instead the said allez-allez,so i legged it..

Was that the one where TFB on the live tracker thread said you were over the time? Were you aware of the cut offs all the way? If you were over why did they let you through?
    I think you were last or second last through at that point but you picked off loads over the last 50 miles or so. I also noticed that very few people went through CPs together, lots were seperated by only 10-20 seconds or so, why did the runners not run together more?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Was that the one where TFB on the live tracker thread said you were over the time? Were you aware of the cut offs all the way? If you were over why did they let you through?
    I think you were last or second last through at that point but you picked off loads over the last 50 miles or so. I also noticed that very few people went through CPs together, lots were seperated by only 10-20 seconds or so, why did the runners not run together more?
    At each cp,there was the distance and a time the next one closed at,so ur aware of Wat time ur out or in by...Don't know why Dey let me throughthat cp but after 200k they were very strict,eyeballing ya if u wernt running and drivin beside u,...After 200k it was carnage on the roads,dudes walkin and stopping ,so I just tried to catch the next person and so on,got running with a Greek and Finnish bird and kinda stuck loosely together,but ud fall off and break ur balls to catch up ,don't know why there wasn't groups

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Could you see yourself doing it again or was this a once in a lifetime thing ? What's next on the list ?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

How have you felt since?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Σας σέξι σέξι μεγάλο κομμάτι της ultragod λεβεντιά . συγχαρητήρια ... είσαι καταπληκτική .

Oooo.....i like the freedom of this Greek stuff! ;)
    Well done, Anto. :)

Any idea how much weight you lost during the race? And what was the first thing you craved after the race?

kit3 wrote: »
    Could you see yourself doing it again or was this a once in a lifetime thing ? What's next on the list ?
    Never again :). And put back on a few pounds...

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    How have you felt since?
    Tired and crampy

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Σας σέξι σέξι μεγάλο κομμάτι της ultragod λεβεντιά . συγχαρητήρια ... είσαι καταπληκτική .

Oooo.....i like the freedom of this Greek stuff! ;)
    Well done, Anto. :)

Any idea how much weight you lost during the race? And what was the first thing you craved after the race?
    Tank you Dd...lost a few pounds but weight was back to the same as wen I went when I got back to oireland.,,,didn't crrave anything,just went back to hotel and had to lie down as was feeling dizzy,drank a bottle of beer and woke up next morning in bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Firstly well done - That is some achievement.
    I remember running with you for a while in Portumna 100k 2013 - I think you were getting your qualifying time there - you ran under 10:00:00 I think.
    What I recall most is how steady your pace was.
    When did you start your planning for Sparta - or did it just fall into place when you knew you could run a Q-Time?
    Had you previously attempted a Q-time or was it just a natural progression from your other long distance events?
    Of the other numerous events you have done - especially the multi-day - how well / ill-prepared did these events make you for Greece?
    Your training was massive - I can barely make out what you were doing from your log. The result in Greece speaks for itself - but knowing what you know now is there any aspect to your training that you would improve / ignore / omit etc?
    Did anything in The event, before - during - after, make you 2nd guess the choice you made to go there, at any point did you feel you were out of your depth?
    Last one, for now:
    Do you feel "special" for having done something that most would consider mental - not in an "I'm better than you" way, but have you nice sense of achievement that YOU put in the effort and YOU got the finish.

Again, great achievement - enjoy the respite - see you for the Donadea 250km next year?

i took coke 3 times per hour over a 13 hr period....had 1 forced #2 as i thought sharted and 3 pee on the first day and loads on the second day due to the coke

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

An amazing performance, deserves a lot more recognition!
    That's one race 99.9% of us will not Ever do.

Total respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Trampas

So you went to the dentist instead of Bernie after all that coke

When did you start your planning for Sparta - or did it just fall into place when you knew you could run a Q-Time?
    Had you previously attempted a Q-time or was it just a natural progression from your other long distance events?......spartatlon was always in my concioussnes even before I started running,as i had saw it on tv and had read about it ..it was the race u did and only got a sup of water an an olive leaf wen u finished,,wen I did a race in a Athens a few years ago,I made friends with a greek runner and he invited me me to come over and do sparta,I had qualifier from a 48 hr race(has since been changed ),and had Been loosely kinda plannin on goin this year on next,.

Of the other numerous events you have done - especially the multi-day - how well / ill-prepared did these events make you for Greece?.... d 48hr races certainly gave me a bit of confidence knowing I cud keep goin ,though there is nuting to prepare u for sparta other than doing it.it was defo way harder than I expected it especially the last 50 k

Your training was massive - I can barely make out what you were doing from your log. The result in Greece speaks for itself - but knowing what you know now is there any aspect to your training that you would improve / ignore / omit etc?....wud probly only add a few more longer hilly runs with steep hands and knee type climbs at the end

Did anything in The event, before - during - after, make you 2nd guess the choice you made to go there, at any point did you feel you were out of your depth?....was a bit weird meetin people that uv read about,Eddie g knew everybody and i was introduced to loads of people iv heard of and former winners .I was chattin to the eventual winner,Ivan cudin,just as the whistle went for the start,.,didn't feel out of my depth though I did feel quite lucky to be lining up with some of the best ultrarunners in world

Last one, for now:

Do you feel "special" for having done something that most would consider mental - not in an "I'm better than you" way, but have you nice sense of achievement that YOU put in the effort and YOU got the finish. ..........I don't feel special or anything like dat and have been thinking of a n answer for the past couple of days,I feel contented on a job well done ,I put a lot of trainin in and Sacrificed a bit and am happy Enuf that came together

Mon...gentle post race massage ..just 1 tight spot ,other wise all good
    Wed...v easy 10k with pmc...tight spot needs more wrk....6
    Rtd2355

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

When is your next race/event? And is your training makey-upy as you go along? Or have you got a specific plan you follow? And if it is makey-upy, how far in advance do you makey-upy what you are going to do? :)

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    When is your next race/event? And is your training makey-upy as you go along? Or have you got a specific plan you follow? And if it is makey-upy, how far in advance do you makey-upy what you are going to do? :)
    Have nothing planned apart from pacing Dublin,,,it's makey uppy to a point,,but this year I set myself a few targets along the way knowing I'd have to hit dem if I was to have a chance to finish sparti

Advertisement