Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Thread - Read first post BEFORE posting [Updated 17/11/2010]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

karen89 wrote: »
    Please help, my daughter wanted uggs for christmas and found the ones she wanted on a site called uggsireland, anyway she said she had found what she wanted and I paid for them, now I am panicing, in case they dont show up. Has anyone used this site, I dont care if they end up being fake - she choose them herself, but I do mind if my money is gone.

Unless this website is an authorised reseller, the goods are highly like to be fake. A lot of these websites are registered by Chinese businesses. There's also a strong chance that you may never receive any goods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

I sent western union to china once for a pair of uggs and never recieved them what i did get when i had to call and email the chinese seller was a box of christmas decorations no kidding,thats what i got.

Then off another seller(yes i tried my luck again,bigger fool me),i got lucky and got a pair of uggs made out of suede and sheeps fur,and i got them for 40 dollars so i thought lovely.

But i was lucky,most people get ripped off on sites like ioffer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

My daughter found the site by searching Uggs in Ireland, and was re-directed to a site called uggs ireland, but the url is iskambaner.eu :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Even if they do get sent there's always a chance they might be seized by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Twee. wrote: »
    Even if they do get sent there's always a chance they might be seized by customs.

Yes twee have heard a lot more packages being seized lately. About time they did something about fakes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

They're really cracking down! I know two people who got notification letters from Customs after ordering counterfeit Nike runners and Rayban sunglasses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

That must be awful for them being totally out of pocket on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭woodlands

karen89 wrote: »
    Please help, my daughter wanted uggs for christmas and found the ones she wanted on a site called uggsireland, anyway she said she had found what she wanted and I paid for them, now I am panicing, in case they dont show up. Has anyone used this site, I dont care if they end up being fake - she choose them herself, but I do mind if my money is gone.

They are fakes 100% guaranteed. ..bought 2 pairs yesterday on littlewoods with 20% off ..2 classic cardy for €214...great deal

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

woodlands wrote: »
    They are fakes 100% guaranteed. ..bought 2 pairs yesterday on littlewoods with 20% off ..2 classic cardy for €214...great deal

Littlewoods are the cheapest for real UGGs. I got mine there too and also had a 10% discount code from O2 Priority Moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Hi all, I bought ugg boots online this week (short) and they arrived but im concerned with the sizing.

Im generally a size 4/5, 4 in converse for example and I heard that the uggs come in half a size bigger so I got the 4 to be safe.

When I put them on the leg bit feels a bit snug, esp in one of them..I really have to tug them on to get past the stitching where the foot meets the leg...is this normal?

Once on they feel fine! Im just afraid of ripping them or sonething..goigling says theyll stretch? ?

Has anyone any experience or should I send them back for the 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

I had that problem with uggs when new to get the foot fully in. But they never ripped and also being sheepskin they have stretched out over time with wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

LadyE, I've moved your thread to the UGG thread. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have always bought my regular size 6 (39) with UGGs and its perfect for me. I don't really think there's any point buying a size down unless you have tried them on and know they fit better a size down.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Hi all,my cousin is going to America next week and I am going to get her to buy me real uggs.
    Just wondering about the sizing,i am a 5 so should I get a 5 or go up/down a size,thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

I bought a pair of genuine Ugg slippers in US - size 8. Initially they were tight - I thought they were too small, but they are grand now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I usually get a size down

abacus120 wrote: »
    Hi all,my cousin is going to America next week and I am going to get her to buy me real uggs.
    Just wondering about the sizing,i am a 5 so should I get a 5 or go up/down a size,thank you :)

It's one and a half sizes up for ladies and one size size up for mens shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

i get my own size and they are a great fit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I went a size up and it was tight at first, but grand now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Havent seen a lot of ladies wearing them these days. I have a few pairs of real Uggs but I dont feel like wearing them anymore bc I feel like I might be judged for it haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭colmufc

cat_dog wrote: »
    Havent seen a lot of ladies wearing them these days. I have a few pairs of real Uggs but I dont feel like wearing them anymore bc I feel like I might be judged for it haha

they never where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

colmufc wrote: »
    they never where

Let me guess.. you're a guy.. Sorry if I'm wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cat_dog wrote: »

You could argue they were never fashionable.

However, I'd imagine the lack of wearing is down to our last winter being mild and our summer actually being warmish enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

colmufc wrote: »
    they never where

Think you're confusing style with fashion. Alas they are not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They were never my cup of tea, but if you like them and find them comfortable then wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I still love mine for comfort and warmth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Always liked the way they wore down on one side and not the other, leaving the nest-headed girls who wore them doing a funny shuffle-walk :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

I hear Crocs are very comfortable too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

They're sized with American sizings so that's two sizes up from your regular size here! I always found that US 8/UK 6 in Uggs was slightly large especially since they stretch a bit. Best thing to do would be to go and fit them on here and take note of the American size that fits best.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Gonna continue on wearing my pair regardless once the weather is cold enough again! You just cant argue with that level of comfort <3

Advertisement