Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

MasterSun wrote: »
    although it's optional, u might consider to give the garda 2 written refs from 2people whom u have known for over 5 yrs.

So your references don't necessarily have to come from an employer just 2 people whom you've known for 5 or more years ?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Im goining for the reserves im getting worried now because last sat 3 weeks ago i handed in my gr2( 3 and a half wees ago) and ive heard nothing yet from the seargent........frown.gif Does anyone know how long you normally wait for him to contact you, i no after that i will be waiting a good while to meet the super.... Any info would be appreicated... Thanks........biggrin.gifwink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Hey guys, just wondering who you send yor interview application form to? Is it HQ in the Phoenix Park or Public Jobs on Abbey Street? Plus, what's the average waiting time for an interview after sending in the application form? Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

karlokarl wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering who you send yor interview application form to? Is it HQ in the Phoenix Park or Public Jobs on Abbey Street? Plus, what's the average waiting time for an interview after sending in the application form? Cheers!!

the waiting time depends on your area, some have been known to get a call after 3months but it can be anything up to 6months

you send the form initially off to the e-mail addy they give you...they check the form and e-mail it back to you...you then print off a copy and bring that into your local station and the sergeant will sign it and fax receipt of the GR2 to the PublicJobs office.

The info is in the 'Garda Reserve Form GR2 Notes For Applicants' on the publicjobs website

Im goining for the reserves im getting worried now because last sat 3 weeks ago i handed in my gr2( 3 and a half wees ago) and ive heard nothing yet from the seargent........frown.gif Does anyone know how long you normally wait for him to contact you, i no after that i will be waiting a good while to meet the super.... Any info would be appreicated... Thanks........biggrin.gifwink.gif

Should i ring my local Garda Station i wounder????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Should i ring my local Garda Station i wounder????

Hi Tommy-Kerry, I think i answered these questions a few pages back when you asked something similer, The main thing is that if you handed in the form they will get back to you... If that takes 1 month - 3 months or a year, there is a reason for this... they will get back to you... have patience, you will need patience if you are to have a future in the Garda's. Ringing the local Garda station or HQ will get you nowhere.. just sit back and wait...
    As i said before.. What's for you, won't pass you... If you read over the pages people have been waiting for over a year in some cases.. as for me i was only waiting 2 1/2 months before i started my training...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

@Tommy,

take it easy, alloy for this whole process to take 2 years at worst, read back over this entire thread and you'll see people like yourself waiting for months and months on end. it's all part of it, put it to the back of your mind and wait for them to contact you, and they will, when they're ready, like Munster4868 said.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Crap, I sent my interview application form into the Public Jobs place because she said to do that in the e-mail. Does it matter or do I have to send another one into my local Garda station?

karlokarl wrote: »
    Crap, I sent my interview application form into the Public Jobs place because she said to do that in the e-mail. Does it matter or do I have to send another one into my local Garda station?

you send the form initially off to the e-mail addy they give you...they check the form and e-mail it back to you...you then print off a copy and bring that into your local station and the sergeant will sign it and fax receipt of the form to the PublicJobs office.

The info is in the 'Garda Reserve Form GR2 Notes For Applicants' on the publicjobs website

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

Thanks
    got it and replied

freddiew wrote: »
    Have sent you Private Message

• Advertisement

Hey just woundering is it you LOCAL GARDA STATION or HQ that does your backround Checks ?????confused.gifwink.gif

Im just woundering cause out of the blue i got an e-mail from GHQ saying your Gr2 form is being processed locally and will be in contact with you in due coarse for an interview ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 iceman_kill

I thought the interview application form (not the GR2 form) is only supposed to be sent to Public Jobs and they will then give you a date for your initial interview????

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

hello tommy-kerry,i sent you a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

I thought the interview application form (not the GR2 form) is only supposed to be sent to Public Jobs and they will then give you a date for your initial interview????

That's correct

When completing this part of the form do you give either the names and addresses of people who you are getting to give you a reference or give written references instead of just putting down names and addresses or do you have to do both,this has me a bit confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

CO19 wrote: »
    When completing this part of the form do you give either the names and addresses of people who you are getting to give you a reference or give written references instead of just putting down names and addresses or do you have to do both,this has me a bit confused :confused:

do both.

When filling out the GR2 form in the aunts and uncles section is it just your immediate aunts and uncles they want i.e your dad's/mam's brothers and sisters not their husbands and wives aswell ?

CO19 wrote: »
    When filling out the GR2 form in the aunts and uncles section is it just your immediate aunts and uncles they want i.e your dad's/mam's brothers and sisters not their husbands and wives aswell ?

For An Garda Siochana no in-laws are required so i would assume that it's the same here for the Reserves aswell i.e. just your immediate aunts and uncles and not their partners(in-laws)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wetgarden

kerry4sam wrote: »
    For An Garda Siochana no in-laws are required so i would assume that it's the same here for the Reserves aswell i.e. just your immediate aunts and uncles and not their partners(in-laws)

Yes, just your immediate family.

Hey i handed my gr2 form in just over 3 months ago, i have 2 aunts living in america and 1 aunt and 1 unce living in england...... how is it talking so long i cant understand.....:confused: Any one else seill waiting on backround checks and how long ??

"Pain is temperory, Quitting is forever" - Lance Armstrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 djpaddy

When filling out the gr2 form do we attach employers reference or just give them employers details.also do we attach a photo id or do we send this on at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mountain Man

djpaddy wrote: »
    When filling out the gr2 form do we attach employers reference or just give them employers details.also do we attach a photo id or do we send this on at a later date.

If memory seves me right, you mention 2 references be it work, school teacher, priest ect. When you have completed your GR2, you send it via email to GR HQ. It is then checked by them for completeness.

If they are happy with it, they'll send it back to you with your R#. This is when you bring the GR2 form plus your written references and photo to your local Garda station. You sign it in front of them and they will take it off you and forward it on to HQ. I think there is a cover sheet that they fax to HQ as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Hi this is my very first post on here i have been reading all the posts and have to say well done to everyone that has either passed or waiting to pass out

just wondering about the references are they vital in this application

ie what about if you did not get on with your last employer

and also that what about company's that have closed down and you do not have references from

also do you actually need the references from your referees or do they just contact them or what

thanks keep up the good work and the postings makes very enjoyable reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭colliegG

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    just wondering about the references are they vital in this application

ie what about if you did not get on with your last employer

and also that what about company's that have closed down and you do not have references from

also do you actually need the references from your referees or do they just contact them or what

When drawing up who you're going to use as your references you should be aware that these are more to highlight your character rather than what you did or didn't do in work.

On foot of this I would probably not use a boss I had difficulties with as although they cannot give you a bad reference per se they can certainly give you one that is obviously not a good one with even the most cursory of reading.

You are allowed to use non related people as character references such as the manager of a team you play for or the local priest or whatever is most suitable to you.

Really though unless you absolutely didn't get on with your boss I'd try to have someone from my employment history give a reference. It'll raise suspicions as to why you wouldn't otherwise or it certainly would with me if I was reading an application.

I sent references with my application but also gave the contact details for all my referees so they could be checked. Which they did.

Anyway, best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Thanks for the speedy reply yes that is true i have given 3 personal referees namees address and contact numbers but unfortunitly i do not have any references from any of my previous employers as i am now back at education as a mature student for the past 3yrs

So i have all my stuff here now to bring to the local Garda Station to get them to send on so i will just have to make do with what i have and hopefully they will accept it

If not well i have done my best so it will be up to them to make the decision if they want me or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Manwise Bumwell

right, need more advice! ive to fill out the gr2 form and have two questions. firstly i've an uncle ( through marriage ) who lives up in donegal who ive never met and has no contact whatsoever with the rest of my family ( apart from his wife and kids ie my aunt and cousins ) personally i dont even know what he looks like. basically he more than likely has had charges of (minor) fraud, assault and possibly possesion of firearms against him although he has never actaully been sent to prison. should i used the old poetic licence and omit him from to gr2 on account of ive never met him? secondly the road beside my house is the boundry line for two different garda stations, one of which im known to ( for nothing bad, just being moved on and once or twice ( well alot more) for minor things. my thinking is that i go to the other garda station where they dont really know me. any words of advice would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 The almighty me

Hi, I think you are taking the mick, that is just a silly question, moderator you need to watch out here.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thebigfella71

Hello lads,

I just recieved my GR2 form by email, have done the interview in town, and the comic strip exam, so i presume ive passed, this is my first post on the forum as i thought theres no pint unless I get this far!! I will return the from this week, on average whats the waiting time untill the next stage....

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Manwise Bumwell

Hi, I think you are taking the mick, that is just a silly question, moderator you need to watch out here.:(

in what respect am i taking the mick? anyway i just found out that since he is not a direct blood relation i dont have to put him down on the gr2 form. and as for the moderator watch out thing, wtf? what the hell? who tells on people? thats just immature....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thebigfella71

mmmm seems the almighty me really does think hes the almighty me.. surely anyone can ask any question they need help on??

Advertisement