Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

kilkcat wrote: »
    how soon after sending back your GR2 form did u get word to go to your local station??
    I only met the sergeant when he witnessed me signing the gr2
    i havent had any interviews with the super/sergeant or inspectors yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 leo bowes

can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes for the gardai to complete the security clearance check

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Hi,took me from oct to now for interview to acceptance,small family and mostly in Ireland,think that helped on checks,if you have relatives abroad this can delay things.

thanks leinsterdude hopefully everything will work out for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 on standby

Leinsterdude, I've been waiting nearly 9 months. Patience is a virtue so they say!!

Although you could say I've been tested, but I will hang on till I hear either way.

I think i am waiting maybe 10 months after submitting my GR2 and having an interview with the super which i feel went well. And just like yourself mountain man I have not got so much as a penalty point to my name. but I have been in touch recently to the reserve and told that my application is been processed. I would just really like to know what information they are waiting to get back, I think if you knew, it would take the sting out of waiting.
    I know from reading through this thread that some people who applied for the reserve long after myself have been attested so i most definatly suspect there is a bad apple amongst the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

CO19 wrote: »
    When you've done your interview and say you pass what do they do with your interview application form ? Do they hand it over to those who will be doing your background check ? or what's the story does anyone know ?
    Thanks for any replies ;)

So does anyone know what's done with this form ?

So does anyone know what's done with this form ?
    The station use it to carry out all the background checks. ..

oh wait do u mean the form that the interview panel had.
    i would say its probably binned. i dunno tbh

paul666 wrote: »
    oh wait do u mean the form that the interview panel had.
    i would say its probably binned. i dunno tbh

Thanks Paul for the reply ;)-Yeah I mean the form that you fill in when you get your invitation for the interview that the interview panel has,do they keep a copy on file afterwards so they can check against it with the GR2 form.

Thanks Paul for the reply ;)-Yeah I mean the form that you fill in when you get your invitation for the interview that the interview panel has,do they keep a copy on file afterwards so they can check against it with the GR2 form.
    i would say its kept on file. but that would only be my opinion

have u got a conflicting application form?

there isnt much to the interview application form. leaving cert results. employment history. and addresses since u started working

Still waiting on the call for my interview Paul,I was just wondering if you put somethin down on that form and left it out on the GR2 form would they do a cross check to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hey i got my Gr2 form Yesterday.......... I just e-mailed it back to the garda reserve...... Just woundering when you get your Gr2 form sent off do they wait untill it clears untill you must go into your local garda station for a meeting?? Im a litle worried too about the Gr2 form as my brother has got into alot of trouble...........:o

Hey i got my Gr2 form Yesterday.......... I just e-mailed it back to the garda reserve...... Just woundering when you get your Gr2 form sent off do they wait untill it clears untill you must go into your local garda station for a meeting?? Im a litle worried too about the Gr2 form as my brother has got into alot of trouble...........:o
    hq will e-mail back your form with a reference number on it. then u print it off and drop it down to your station. after a while then u have to have an interview with the sergeant.

Ok thanks, What would you derr like for that interview........ Would you wear a suit again? And whats after that??:D

Does anyone know when they are doing your background checks do they check with revenue to see were you working where you say you were ?
    I was working the summers while I was on school holidays of 05 and 06 with a bus company and I wasn't registered as an official employee because I was only going to be there for 3 months or so, so I don't want to get anyone into bother over it if I put that down in the section on the GR2 form where you're asked about any employment etc yet I don't want to leave that section blank.
    Also I was away for 2 months the summer just gone would they ask for any proof or the likes to see was I ? (I know it sounds stupid :rolleyes: but you never know with the Gards)

Any replies greatly appreciated ;)

Anyone help me out here because I'd say I'll be gettin the call for my interview very soon so I'm gettin a bit worried about what to do for this :(

hi i have completed my interview and test i have completed and returned my gr2 form and i have had a formal meeting with the sergeant in my local station

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mad jesty

leo bowes wrote: »
    hi i have completed my interview and test i have completed and returned my gr2 form and i have had a formal meeting with the sergeant in my local station

good for you, well done, I hope all goes well for you.

thanks Mad Jesty hopefully things will move along quickly i forgot to ask does the fact that i had my meeting with the sergeant mean that they have already done the gr2 security checks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Originally Posted by leo bowes

Well, you have to have your GR2 verified and ALL security checks back ok.. this will take some time... they will not tell you when this will be completed so don't ask them, they will not tell you.. You will then meet your local super (if all is ok with your GR2 checks).. nice and casual chat.... and then a medical close to the time of the next intake.. (june/july i believe)... good luck...

Originally Posted by leo bowes

Well, you have to have your GR2 verified and ALL security checks back ok.. this will take some time... they will not tell you when this will be completed so don't ask them, they will not tell you.. You will then meet your local super (if all is ok with your GR2 checks).. nice and casual chat.... and then a medical close to the time of the next intake.. (june/july i believe)... good luck...

i have already had my gr2 verified and had a meeting with the sergeant in my local station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

leo bowes wrote: »
    i have already had my gr2 verified and had a meeting with the sergeant in my local station

Well having your GR2 verified does not mean that you have had your security checks returned clear... it just means that a verified GR2 form is a properly filed out form to their standards and a proper security check can be completed from that form.... as for the official meeting with the sergeant.. that is standard procedure... you can even in the words of the Garda's have your medical done but still haven't received an all clear on your GR2 security clearance... Just go with the flow.... Hope that long winded answer helps somehow!!!!

• Advertisement

Hey, i sent off my Gr2 form last night in killarney................ The seargeant who sent it off said it was the first ever application in killarney so hopefully that might help!! Just curious about 1 thing he said last nite that my next step is to meet the super so how come i didnt have ro have an interview with a seargent....? + How long from when the Gr2 form is sent off do you usally wait to be called for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

Hey, i sent off my Gr2 form last night in killarney................ The seargeant who sent it off said it was the first ever application in killarney so hopefully that might help!! Just curious about 1 thing he said last nite that my next step is to meet the super so how come i didnt have ro have an interview with a seargent....? + How long from when the Gr2 form is sent off do you usally wait to be called for the interview?

Same here!, mine was the first handed into my local station too, the Garda at the front desk didn't know the procedure for receiving it but, we got there in the end anyway.

I'm waiting on a call from a Seargent or Super now too, suppose it depends on how busy they are but there might be some novelty value in being the first like yourself, who knows.

Waiting and waiting for months on end is all part of the process as far as I can see so it's best to just get on with everyday life until the call comes.:cool:

Just woundering how long from when you hand in your gr2 from must you wait to have the interview with the superintindent cause i handed the gr2 in last sat??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wetgarden

Just woundering how long from when you hand in your gr2 from must you wait to have the interview with the superintindent cause i handed the gr2 in last sat??

It could be a few months. I was waiting 3 months and then I got a call. It takes a while to carry out the vetting process but once that is complete you should then be called for interview.

Where's the GR2 form gone from publicjobs.ie does anyone know ? there's only the form B for the garda trainee there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

Where's the GR2 form gone from publicjobs.ie does anyone know ? there's only the form B for the garda trainee there now.

gr2 is not on the web,
    after u passed ur 1st interview,
    they will email u the form

MasterSun wrote: »
    gr2 is not on the web,
    after u passed ur 1st interview,
    they will email u the form

Ah I see,it used to be up there wonder why they took it down :confused: anyway,thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Stephen321

Is their anyone who done the reserve interview lately and was sucessful?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

Ah I see,it used to be up there wonder why they took it down :confused: anyway,thanks ;)

it's very similar to the Form B anyway,

all the info you'll need for completing the GR2 is already on Form B, you could use one as an example of what you'll be filling out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Advertisement