Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

I suggest that you ring them, but unless there are some checks back, they wont really be able to tell you how its going, because the checks are still ongoing elsewhere. But ring and see what they say :). I couldnt resist ringing, it wont do any harm :).

Thanks Woodzie, im really tempted to know, i will try ringing them later this week, after i find my letter that has their number on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Left my BR from into the station last Wednesday, the member went in the back for a few minutes and came back out to tell me all of it was fine, that he would pass it upstairs and the super will be in touch! Hopefully won't take as long as most! Didn't get a receipt though, does this matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

one2one wrote: »
    Left my BR from into the station last Wednesday, the member went in the back for a few minutes and came back out to tell me all of it was fine, that he would pass it upstairs and the super will be in touch! Hopefully won't take as long as most! Didn't get a receipt though, does this matter?

Normally if I remember correctly, the very last page of the BR-form that you would be delighted to see when you're filling it in, has a space at the bottom right for a stamp from the station. The guard at the hatch will sign it and hand it back to you.

If you don't hear from anyone within a few weeks I would ring and see what the situation is. Keep track of todays' day and approx time you brought it in. They'll know then what unit was on and would narrow it down from there should someone say they never received your BR form.
    I would say you will be okay though. Not everyone has received a receipt in the past and everything was okay with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ghost86

Hi, can someone help me with these questions

What seems to be the average waiting time to be invited to an interview by the local sergeant after the br form was handed in? I handed mine in a month ago and heard nothing yet.

Also, does HQ have my form in the mean time so they can do the checks or do they only receive it after the interview with local sergeant?

Finally, would ringing HQ help with these questions in anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

ghost86 wrote: »
    Hi, can someone help me with these questions

What seems to be the average waiting time to be invited to an interview by the local sergeant after the br form was handed in? I handed mine in a month ago and heard nothing yet.

Also, does HQ have my form in the mean time so they can do the checks or do they only receive it after the interview with local sergeant?

Finally, would ringing HQ help with these questions in anyway?
    Hi, my suggestion to you is that u ring HQ and ask they are very helpful with info to let u no .

• Advertisement

smiley963 wrote: »
    Hi, my suggestion to you is that u ring HQ and ask they are very helpful with info to let u no .

I am asking that you familiarise yourself with our FORUM CHARTER before posting again. In particular, regarding txtspk.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

Hey there! Just in relation to the BR form! Do you have to supply a medical cert when you're handing in your BR form, or is that for the next stage?! Also, for those who've already filled out the form, who did you use for your second reference (not the employer one)? I'm a student, not sure who to get really, maybe an old school principal or something? Any help would be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Dubbhoy wrote: »
    Hey Peeps just quick update....

After a year and 6 months my BG form is finally back and finished :P woooooo so Happy out should be in the May intake :D:D:D:D:D just for people oout there it taking as long as my self .
    1 year six months .... phew im nearly waiting a year now but this has boosted my spirits knowing others take this long too

• Registered Users Posts: 13 derek bilko

hey is any1 waiting for a medical still?? i met with my superintendent 2weeks before christmas 2010 nd rang them 4weeks ago nd was told still doing background checks,
    so tired of waitn cnt wait to get started. shud be gr8 craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Backround checks can take anywhere from 3 months to sometimes 1.5 years+++ sit back and enjoy the wait!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 derek bilko

the waiting is unreal .....but all we can do is wait i supose.....

hey is any1 waiting for a medical still?? i met with my superintendent 2weeks before christmas 2010 nd rang them 4weeks ago nd was told still doing background checks,
    so tired of waitn cnt wait to get started. shud be gr8 craic

Mod Note: If you are new to this forum, I would ask that you make yourself aware of our Forum Charter, in particular the fact that txt spk is not allowed!.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

My boyfriend applied for the reserves, we are cohabiting and he got a call during the week to say all my information is need aunts/uncles the lot. Is this normal? I mean it's not me applying for the reserves and were not married. I remember we looked before and it said unless your a spouse/partner information is needed so what's changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lawnmower1989

My boyfriend applied for the reserves, we are cohabiting and he got a call during the week to say all my information is need aunts/uncles the lot. Is this normal? I mean it's not me applying for the reserves and were not married. I remember we looked before and it said unless your a spouse/partner information is needed so what's changed?

you are his partner!!!!!!

you are his partner!!!!!!

Not according to usual law. We are not married just cohabiting:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Ring the Garda Reserve office... They will clearify any questions you may have regarding the form!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

*whistles while waiting* so, over 18 months into the process and still waiting on that one last check.... I'm a patient gal at the best of times but I'm kinda losing heart now!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Loopie wrote: »
    *whistles while waiting* so, over 18 months into the process and still waiting on that one last check.... I'm a patient gal at the best of times but I'm kinda losing heart now!!!! :(
    Did you ring up?

I mean look back through this thread and many people have been with their girlfriend 4 years living together and didn't have to put down anything

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

I had the same problem. Was cohabiting with my girlfriend and because there was notting formal about it that i wouldnt have to put her down on the form. But i was wrong and was told to put her down with all her family infomation. BR Form was completed in 3months after that.

So yes this is normal.

• Advertisement

Jmc how long did the process take for you from application to templemore out of interest? I applied in January and waiting on BR form clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

It took 9months from the day i sent my application to public jobs to the day a walked in the gates of templemore for phase 1. Would of been 6months but i missed the previous intake by 1 day.Lol

Well its seven months now since I appplied. Hopefully I'll be in before they stop recruiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Lads on the BR form the reference part of the form has be confused to bits.

Do I included my current employer and then 1 other person; or

Do I included my current employer and the 2 other people.

Also who are these two other people ?

I work in a big company and have had various managers about four in total, I know one very well and I am sure he would have no problem giving me a reference or dose this form part of the employer, he is not over me or anything and there is a general manager over the shop?

If I can only get the employer who else will I turn to. Someone mentioned a priest but I can hardly go to a priest who dosent know me and ask him to pretend ?

Can I leave it blank ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jmcc89

Hi all,
    have 2 questions, ive a very big family,approx. 23 aunts and uncles and around 50+ 1st cousins, all i think are still in Ireland ,so when it comes to checks will it take ages to come back?
    secondly i hear they check cousins aswell, out of all them there is a few bad eggs who have been in trouble with the guards some for reasons more serious than others, what way will this effect my application? Thanks!!

jmcc89 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    have 2 questions, ive a very big family,approx. 23 aunts and uncles and around 50+ 1st cousins, all i think are still in Ireland ,so when it comes to checks will it take ages to come back?
    secondly i hear they check cousins aswell, out of all them there is a few bad eggs who have been in trouble with the guards some for reasons more serious than others, what way will this effect my application? Thanks!!

Hi mate, you just put down your blood relatives; so your

Mother and Father
    There Brothers and Sisters and
    Your own Brothers and Sisters

and leave it at that don't put down there kids or anything.

msg11 wrote: »
    Lads on the BR form the reference part of the form has be confused to bits.

Do I included my current employer and then 1 other person; or

Do I included my current employer and the 2 other people.

Also who are these two other people ?

I work in a big company and have had various managers about four in total, I know one very well and I am sure he would have no problem giving me a reference or dose this form part of the employer, he is not over me or anything and there is a general manager over the shop?

If I can only get the employer who else will I turn to. Someone mentioned a priest but I can hardly go to a priest who dosent know me and ask him to pretend ?

Can I leave it blank ??

This is the part I am on about ;
    Please provide a reference from your current employer and from one other person (not a member of An Garda Síochána and not related to you), who have known you for at least five years up to present date and who would be willing to recommend your application. Please list the 2 names / addresses / ages / occupation below:

I have underlined the bits I don't really understand. It said one then it said two ? And then there is space for about 5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    Did you ring up?

Yep, I've rang plenty of times (I recognise the voices on the phone at this stage...). They're all saying the same thing, that one check is pending. At least it's consistant!

I would just hate it if they reach capacity and I don't get in in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jmcc89

msg11 wrote: »
    Hi mate, you just put down your blood relatives; so your

Mother and Father
    There Brothers and Sisters and
    Your own Brothers and Sisters

and leave it at that don't put down there kids or anything.

Hi msg11, i know who to put down, i have 23 blood aunts and uncles, and 3 siblings, was just wondering having so many, would the checks take ridiculously long?
    Also cousins living at the same addresses given for aunts and uncles, will crop up when checks are being done and will show they have convictions, afaik! if im right, this may slow down the process further!??

• Advertisement

jmcc89 wrote: »
    Hi msg11, i know who to put down, i have 23 blood aunts and uncles, and 3 siblings, was just wondering having so many, would the checks take ridiculously long?
    Also cousins living at the same addresses given for aunts and uncles, will crop up when checks are being done and will show they have convictions, afaik! if im right, this may slow down the process further!??

The process is slow regardless by going on what I have read on this forum. It depends on the convictions one would assume and when you go down for your chat with at the station they may ask you about how close you really are to this person etc.. Don't be put off by it.

Advertisement