Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

spudz21 wrote: »
    Ah, this form BR is going to take me weeks to fill in:(I could have been gathering all the info the last few months but bit superstitious:p
    The reserve unit rang me today to say there is an intake in September and could I have my form in soon so I could make that intake (obviously depending on background checks?!:confused:Better get stuck into this form so!!:D

They asked you to get your form in? When did u do the interview? I sent BR form in about 6 weeks ago. Did they say what date in September? Have you done sergeant / super interview / medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭innercitydub1

Alri J.C is dat Jhon O this is Paul.Yeah should get that form in as soon as you can, there trying to get a batch down for september, so i be aiming to get it in asap to try get on the batch going down in september.

Faster you get that in. faster your application will be i reckon.

However thats what i done and i was left waiting for nearly 2 years :(
    But they seem to be speeding up the reserve recruitment cause of this recesiion and a load of full timers retiring over the pension yoke.

So you never no. anyways i get that in as soon as i could :)-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

C'mon backround checks. I've been waiting ages to hear back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

lavman wrote: »
    how long you being waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭billyhead

lavman wrote: »

Yeh,

Same here. I handed mine in Last February , did the super interview and sergeants interview around March and havent heard a word since

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Hey everyone,
    With regards to the form br, from what I've gathered, you email it back to public jobs, then print it off and bring it to your local station to be signed, correct?

Hey everyone,
    With regards to the form br, from what I've gathered, you email it back to public jobs, then print it off and bring it to your local station to be signed, correct?
    NO, you must bring the form to the garda station and they send it off, you are finished with public jobs. Its the reserve HRM office in Garda HQ that now deals with you application.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Word of warning to anyone who has passed the interview and assessment and is waiting on the BR check. I submitted my BR form to my local station approximately 10 weeks ago and was awaiting to hear back about it. Today I got a letter from HQ asking me was I still interested in joining the reserve and to get back to them within 14 days or my application would be ceased. What must of happened is either the local station didnt submit my form or its been lost somewhere, so for those of you who havent heard anything about the BR it might be worth a call to make sure that they're got it in HQ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭DavidH82

Spartan09 wrote: »
    Word of warning to anyone who has passed the interview and assessment and is waiting on the BR check. I submitted my BR form to my local station approximately 10 weeks ago and was awaiting to hear back about it. Today I got a letter from HQ asking me was I still interested in joining the reserve and to get back to them within 14 days or my application would be ceased. What must of happened is either the local station didnt submit my form or its been lost somewhere, so for those of you who havent heard anything about the BR it might be worth a call to make sure that they're got it in HQ.

Hi Spartan, did you have any interviews with the sergeant or superintendent during the ten weeks since you submitted your form?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I wouldn't say this has anything, for the most part, to do with your local station but the fact that HQ are just not holding medicals for reserves right now.

You case I would say is the exception and not the rule.

• Advertisement

That's shocking?!I'd say it's frustrating to find that out but hopefully your background checks won't take too long once they get started:P
    I suppose it's always good to follow up on these things just to be safe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

hi guys,
    hows d waiting going, i rang HQ the other day coz i got a bit worried bout my form br, the girl said nope they have my form and there are about 4 members of my family outstanding and still waiting to be checked. it worried me more than anything lol so i guess they are all just checked and ticked off one by one.... i was hoping it was all done and we were just waiting on d results to be released :( but no.......... more waiting..... aaaaahhhh!!! I was actually a bit suprised that she even gave me that information lol oh they recieved my form on the 9th of june so its just the checking that takes time not the "telling" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34 limerick2009

i find it totally baffling the length of time it takes for bk checks to be completed.it seems to go on and on with no end in sight.i find it very disappointing:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

i find it totally baffling the length of time it takes for bk checks to be completed.it seems to go on and on with no end in sight.i find it very disappointing:confused:

I find it very reassuring that the bk checks are so indepth tbh.......

Its comforting to know potential reserves have a clear background

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

I got a call from the garda reserve office today. They're going through my backgrounds checks at the moment (which is pretty impressive, given that I brought my BR form into my local station less than 2 weeks ago). The woman from the office said that I needed to email in my br form again with my fiance's AUNTS & UNCLES details. Is it just me or was there no place on the br form requesting those particular people's details? (I remember being asked for my partner's parents' and siblings' information - which I provided). I'll send it in and all - it just might really make things take longer as the future wife's from Denmark.

All the best to the rest of ye re the forms.

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    I got a call from the garda reserve office today. They're going through my backgrounds checks at the moment (which is pretty impressive, given that I brought my BR form into my local station less than 2 weeks ago). The woman from the office said that I needed to email in my br form again with my fiance's AUNTS & UNCLES details. Is it just me or was there no place on the br form requesting those particular people's details? (I remember being asked for my partner's parents' and siblings' information - which I provided). I'll send it in and all - it just might really make things take longer as the future wife's from Denmark.

All the best to the rest of ye re the forms.
    hi EGOSHEA, there is a section on the form allright. I got an email looking to have sections of my from emailed back aswell. handed my form in 2 week ago, got the email form HQ 2 days later and and had my interview with the inspector yesterday. so things are moving along nicely. the only thing is that i have 26 relatives between parentrs, brothers and sisters, uncles and aunties. so i dont expcet any news for a long time yet. :)

Having difficulty getting some relatives dates of birth for my form BR:(
    A friend directed me to the general register office, sent them an email but they have stated that I will need to fill in application forms and pay fees to get the details:confused:
    Anybody have any other ideas?it would be a great help:D

i think kerry is right, ask them. or if maybe ask an older auntie or uncle, they might know dates of births. thats how i got most of mine. but for some i had to ask. some didnt like the idea of being checked up on, but, they got over it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

DK47 wrote: »
    hi EGOSHEA, there is a section on the form allright. I got an email looking to have sections of my from emailed back aswell. handed my form in 2 week ago, got the email form HQ 2 days later and and had my interview with the inspector yesterday. so things are moving along nicely. the only thing is that i have 26 relatives between parentrs, brothers and sisters, uncles and aunties. so i dont expcet any news for a long time yet. :)
    Thanks dk47. That's some family you have there - hope it doesn't take too long for you!

Reckon we have any chance of making it for the september intake or would it probably be november?

And without breaking any of the forum rules or anything, how did your inspector interview go? Was he/she asking the same stuff as in the PAS interview or what was the story?

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Thanks dk47. That's some family you have there - hope it doesn't take too long for you!

Reckon we have any chance of making it for the september intake or would it probably be november?

And without breaking any of the forum rules or anything, how did your inspector interview go? Was he/she asking the same stuff as in the PAS interview or what was the story?

the interview with the inspector was great, really nice man. was very informal, talked about the role of the reserve, why i wanted to join, how much time i was willing to commit, did i want to become a full time. it was like a chat with a friend. he talked about his experiences with reserves in other stations and the reason why background checks are so tight. we talked about work, college, the recession, local events and that kinda thing. it was very broad relaxed conversation more the an interview. :) as for starting, i am thinking more early 2010, have no real reason for thinking that, just don't want to get my hopes up!:eek:

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I just rang my relatives up. Some weren't exactly a barrel of laughs about giving away such info but they gave it. Would it not be an option to just ask them?
    i think kerry is right, ask them. or if maybe ask an older auntie or uncle, they might know dates of births. thats how i got most of mine. but for some i had to ask. some didnt like the idea of being checked up on, but, they got over it:D

Thanks for the replies:D
    Will try contacting relatives again, theres so many of them though! your idea is good DK, I'll try the older ones first and see if they kno all the others DOBs!
    They better be cooperative:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baton charge

Thanks for the replies:D
    Will try contacting relatives again, theres so many of them though! your idea is good DK, I'll try the older ones first and see if they kno all the others DOBs!
    They better be cooperative:P
    As a last resort if you knew where they were baptised you could try the Parish .This I had to do for some of my relatives long deceased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nelly1984

Does anyone know what constitutes a Partner? I'm with my boyfriend for 4 years. Does this count as a Partner or is that more for covering civil partnerships? We have just started living together. It seems strange though to start telling all about his aunts and uncles, etc... as I don't have any contact with a lot of them at all.

nelly1984 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what constitutes a Partner? I'm with my boyfriend for 4 years. Does this count as a Partner or is that more for covering civil partnerships? We have just started living together. It seems strange though to start telling all about his aunts and uncles, etc... as I don't have any contact with a lot of them at all.

i dont know the official definition of a partner, but if you have been seeing him for 4 years and have moved in together i would consider him as you partner. the need to give info on his family is to determine his character ect., as he is you partner/spouse he would have a certain influence over you, and so on. having said that i could be wrong, but its probable best to put the info down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 VictorRolf

nelly1984 wrote: »

You wouldnt have to name him, it only gets messy and can make your vetting take way way longer. its different if u are married or have kids with him. Defo dont mention him. not mentioning him will not affect your application in any way.

VictorRolf wrote: »
    You wouldnt have to name him, it only gets messy and can make your vetting take way way longer. its different if u are married or have kids with him. Defo dont mention him. not mentioning him will not affect your application in any way.

not sure if witholding information is the best way to start. i would imagin deliberately not disclosing him is just the same as lieing about him. the best advice any one can give is that you contact the Reserve office in Garda HQ and clear it up. when i went for the super interview he knew where my parents worked, brothers worked and if they were married or not, and alot more personal stuff, none of that information was on the BR Form.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 colmwills5

Hey Guys
    Had my interveiw back in April, I had the super interveiw 2 weeks ago, all went well, just waiting on the background checks to come through, I know by reading some posts, some of you have been here for a while, god love you, keep hanging in there!! I just can,t wait to get started, Does anyone know were you might be stationed, I,m up here in Donegal, the super said GR,s are only stationed in district HQ, IS this right!!!!

colmwills5 wrote: »
    Hey Guys
    Had my interveiw back in April, I had the super interveiw 2 weeks ago, all went well, just waiting on the background checks to come through, I know by reading some posts, some of you have been here for a while, god love you, keep hanging in there!! I just can,t wait to get started, Does anyone know were you might be stationed, I,m up here in Donegal, the super said GR,s are only stationed in district HQ, IS this right!!!!

in kerry all reseres are based out of the Divisional HQ. but you can be sent to a neighboring district HQ, this is what i was told in the super interview, not sure if this is the case else where, almost sure its not the case in urban areas. i'm sure there is some on here that can give you a definite answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

GRs are assigned to 24 hour stations.

you might be able to come to some local arrangement down the line once you've your probation done and if there's a need for a part time pair of hands in a non-24hr station.

in kerry all reseres are based out of the Divisional HQ. but you can be sent to a neighboring district HQ, this is what i was told in the super interview, not sure if this is the case else where, almost sure its not the case in urban areas. i'm sure there is some on here that can give you a definite answer.

Thanks 4 feedback, just wana prepared uno urself. thanks again

• Advertisement

lehanemore wrote: »
    GRs are assigned to 24 hour stations.

you might be able to come to some local arrangement down the line once you've your probation done and if there's a need for a part time pair of hands in a non-24hr station.

thanks 4 info, i just was,nt to clear on that, i just wana get started now but i realise i could be in for a longer wait then i expected, It will be worth it though. Thanks again.

Advertisement