Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

ive almost got all of my ATR's replaced with 737's!

next phase is to replace the MD80's with 757's!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Bill board adds only 5k, these nealry always guarntee a full aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Receeding Hairlines dropped 50c from 6.50 to 6 last night due to the fact that I bought 40mills worth of one of the top 10 players stock. Share price should be back up in the next few days when I liquidate my stock in Chien airlines (already looking at 47mill on a 40 mill share purchase). Also I've stockpiled 100 million pounds of fuel at $400 so that's eaten up my cash reserves...weird how your stock reflects your cash reserve but doesn't take fuel into account.

Hoping to purchase my first 747 (prob the 400 or 400ER to get the achievement and they carry 400 pax so should bring in a healthy profit on each flight.
    Mainly flying 342s and 321s but have a few ATRs for the quick routes which will probably get replaced soon.

Never got the 318Elite :mad:, saw it posted and went to look for it and it was already gone....I'll just have to wait till I build up enough PAX points to get the business jets I suppose !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

just joined this now so only have 2 routes up which are below. all you boardies buy some stock in the noobie OMAC Airlines I need the money to buy more than the 2 ****ty planes I have now :mad:

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1424898799

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

also.... is it running very slow for ye?

yep, I find it's quite sluggish and sometimes the page doesn't open/refresh properly and it just displays an empty shell of a page so I have to click on the airline manager link within facebook to give it a kick up the arse!

Suppose the popularity of the game is on the increase and well it's on facebook which is another slow piece of crap. I wonder would the developers ever consider taking the game and hosting it independent of facebook...

oh, and I also snapped up two A318 Elite planes also, jaysus, when I think about it, why didn't I do like others did and buy a load of em...value that good can only be a loophole!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Lads what is your thinking behind shares? Do you buy alot of low priced shares or a few high priced shares? I've actually never sold any of mine because I'm always afraid I'll miss out on a big increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Lads what is your thinking behind shares? Do you buy alot of low priced shares or a few high priced shares? I've actually never sold any of mine because I'm always afraid I'll miss out on a big increase.

I mix it up.
    I have shares valued from 11 cents to 410 dollars a piece.
    It usually takes a while to get the cent shares up, the percentage gains are big but the actual monetary return can be low. I actually find the 10 dollar shares to be the best value as they tend to grow in value very fast.

kippy wrote: »
    I mix it up.
    I have shares valued from 11 cents to 410 dollars a piece.
    It usually takes a while to get the cent shares up, the percentage gains are big but the actual monetary return can be low. I actually find the 10 dollar shares to be the best value as they tend to grow in value very fast.

Yeah that's what I'm doing at the moment, the $10 shares shoot up. I was lucky when I bought a 100000 of your shares at $11.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Found a fault that may ruin me :mad: I had money to buy a 767-200 (but just the one). Made the purchase, put it on a route and then suddenly found I was $7mill in debt??? Double checked and I had somehow purchased two (despite only having money for one?). 7mill was too much debt to fly out of before my fuel ran out. POXY STUPID GAME. Wrote off a complaint, but no response. :(

• Advertisement

Dyflin wrote: »
    Found a fault that may ruin me :mad: I had money to buy a 767-200 (but just the one). Made the purchase, put it on a route and then suddenly found I was $7mill in debt??? Double checked and I had somehow purchased two (despite only having money for one?). 7mill was too much debt to fly out of before my fuel ran out. POXY STUPID GAME. Wrote off a complaint, but no response. :(

Just sell them back the one you arent using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Dyflin wrote: »

Just sell one back!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Advertising is cheap at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Can I just let ye know that C Checks can be an expensive delay to yer fleet and its almost better to sell off planes before they reach that 400 hour mark.
    I am probably going to sell of all of my 757 500s in the coming days and buy a few more 380-800 (2 or three if I can) in the coming week. I may also buy a few more 340-200 to bring my fleet of those to 100.
    My fleet will not grow in numbers over the coming week, but I will have more larger profit making and people carrying planes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

just found this thread lookin forward to swappin info on it

funnily enough I'm Hick airlines
    just got up to 0.42 cents (been playing for 5 days)

looking to standardise fleet now, so any chat on that would be interesting

just on the above comment on advertising I found this yesterday and it's right so far!!!

Cost of Fuel Billboard Advertising

Monday $600 $800 $5,000 $10,000
    Tuesday $1,300 $2,100 $15,000 $17,500
    Wednesday $400 $1,600 $35,000 $40,000
    Thursday $600 $800 $5,000 $10,000
    Friday $1,300 $2,100 $15,000 $17,500
    Saturday $400 $1,600 $35,000 $40,000
    Sunday $800 $1,000 $35,000 $40,000

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Fuel at $600 and billboards at $5000.

Our price schedule seems to be on the button. They were $800 and $10000 earlier. Have to wait until Wed for fuel then Thursday to buy 5 days of billboards at the low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Green Jersey Index

Sorry if i left anyone out, I try and buy all who post in here but i may have missed one or two. Big list now!!

Company Current Rate
    5AB Airlines $ 0.11
    Air Mallow Airlines $ 0.56
    AirFlop Airlines $ 0.15
    Airlingus Airlines $ 11.17
    Air-Madrid Airlines $ 1.22
    airobics Airlines $ 0.10
    Athloneinababylon Airlines $ 0.43
    Avail Airlines $ 1.38
    AviaJet Airlines $ 63.99
    Baldoyle Airlines $ 0.11
    Biffo Express Airlines $ 2.67
    Billious Bog Airlines $ 0.14
    BrÃ* Airlines $ 0.79
    Bumpy Landings Airlines $ 0.29
    Culanski Airlines $ 0.34
    ***** Airlines $ 0.11
    D'bonair Airlines $ 17.43
    Drunken hooker Airlines $ 0.28
    Dubair Airlines $ 3.33
    Dundalk Airlines $ 3.41
    Duracell Airlines $ 0.22
    Fares4All Airlines $ 0.11
    fionn Airlines $ 1.80
    Frayah Express Airlines $ 8.18
    Fudgepacker Airlines $ 0.67
    Galway Airlines $ 4.38
    Gardair Airlines $ 0.43
    Griffair Airlines $ 4.61
    Hick Airlines $ 0.44
    Iona Air Airlines $ 0.13
    JDR Airlines $ 0.49
    Kippy Airlines $ 45.04
    Leinster Airlines $ 1.89
    Macrubicon Airlines $ 0.38
    Manits Airlines $ 0.31
    mehatastic Airlines $ 0.19
    milltown Airlines $ 3.83
    Mulhuddair Airlines $ 0.12
    OMAC Airlines $ 0.17
    OneWing Airlines $ 0.80
    Passage West Airlines $ 0.51
    Patrochus Airlines $ 0.17
    QuinkeyDink Airlines $ 7.15
    RangeAir Airlines $ 0.65
    Receeding H Airlines $ 6.75
    Rustbucket Airlines $ 1.47
    Scudzilla Airlines $ 5.44
    Seegl Airlines $ 1.33
    Spideog Airlines $ 0.15
    skyz the limit Airlines $ 1.33
    Tyrone Airlines $ 0.26
    unganga Airlines $ 0.11
    VIM Ireland Airlines $ 12.72
    WHU Air Airlines $ 0.93
    XL Airways Airlines $ 0.36
    z0mg! Airlines $ 0.53
    Zoikz Airlines $ 1.09

Invest in Rustbucket Airlines ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm Spideog Airlines and currently at the bargain basement price of $0.15, only been going a couple of days though so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fudgepacker Airlines here... currently $0.67.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Dacian wrote: »

Our price schedule seems to be on the button. They were $800 and $10000 earlier. Have to wait until Wed for fuel then Thursday to buy 5 days of billboards at the low price.

Yeah not sure how long this predictablity will last though. The boards on facebook are hopping with people who have it figured out and are being obvious about it. In a similar fashion to the a318-elite thing, i can imagine it changing now that everybody knows about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

crisco10 wrote: »
    Yeah not sure how long this predictablity will last though. The boards on facebook are hopping with people who have it figured out and are being obvious about it. In a similar fashion to the a318-elite thing, i can imagine it changing now that everybody knows about it.
    I think some randomness would be better tbh, means that $400 fuel would come around a good deal more than at present.

Seegl Airlines, just passed the $1.00 mark yesterday, at $1.29 now...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

seamus wrote: »
    Seegl Airlines, just passed the $1.00 mark yesterday, at $1.29 now...

Selling yourself short, your $1.33 now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

murfie wrote: »
    Green Jersey Index

Sorry if i left anyone out, I try and buy all who post in here but i may have missed one or two. Big list now!!
    Invest in Rustbucket Airlines ;)

Cheers murfie, appreciate the investment!! took 80,000 in you so get busy :D

Frayah Express is delighted to announce, we have just broke the magical 100 route mark.

gaff85 wrote: »
    Frayah Express is delighted to announce, we have just broke the magical 100 route mark.

as someone who bought 19998 shares in Frayah at €0.16, this pleases me.:D

robinph wrote: »
    I'm Spideog Airlines and currently at the bargain basement price of $0.15, only been going a couple of days though so far.

Purchased 100,000, go make me some profits.....

as someone who bought 19998 shares in Frayah at €0.16, this pleases me.:D

we are now running at 8.27

Share price keeps rising about to buy a new 787-8 in the next two hours.

http://apps.facebook.com/airline_manager/users.php?uID=1820979577

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Share price keeps rising about to buy a new 787-8 in the next two hours.

Bought 20,000 shares.

Leinster Airlines in similar situation. share price €1.85 and seems to go up 20/30 cent a day...

• Advertisement

Bought 20,000 shares.

Leinster Airlines in similar situation. share price €1.85 and seems to go up 20/30 cent a day...

Thank you, i will buy some of yours as soon as i launch the new plane. Money is tight :D

Advertisement