Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've been spending a bit of my spare cash on some shares as well now, mostly I'm just trying to stock up on fuel as I sense a fuel crisis occurring for my planes tomorrow if I don't buy now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Just as i was upgrading my fleet the site went down, i had just sold the old aircraft. My share price will take a hammering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

I cant log in at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I have never invested in other airlines,i really dont see the point.
    If i keep my planes on profitable routes money is always on the up the more the airline makes the quicker the growth,its pretty easy.

The only problems i have run into so far has been three mechanical failures,and poxy fuel prices now and then both of which are easy to deal with.
    Staff strikes are a piece of cake to sort out just give em a temp increase then drop it again then everyone is happy.
    I think the option of freight should be brought in on each flight,and maybe the introduction of etops rules on certain a/c,,might make it more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Its really getting beyond a joke how slow and how many time the game crashes. I know how many people play it but the problem should be sorted by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭crisco10

wayne2107 wrote: »
    I cant log in at all.

Its back working for me...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

crisco10 wrote: »
    Its back working for me...

Only kind of, some pages won't load at the moment.

robinph wrote: »
    Only kind of, some pages won't load at the moment.

Gone again :mad:

drdeadlift wrote: »
    I have never invested in other airlines,i really dont see the point.
    If i keep my planes on profitable routes money is always on the up the more the airline makes the quicker the growth,its pretty easy.

The only problems i have run into so far has been three mechanical failures,and poxy fuel prices now and then both of which are easy to deal with.
    Staff strikes are a piece of cake to sort out just give em a temp increase then drop it again then everyone is happy.
    I think the option of freight should be brought in on each flight,and maybe the introduction of etops rules on certain a/c,,might make it more fun.

The reason i buy shares is because i buy them low and hope they increase then i sell them and make a profit for example

100000 Kippy Airlines $ 43.77 / 11.22 $ 4,377,456
    (I bought them at 11.22 now they are worth 43.77 so if i sell them i have that profit on top of my a/c profit.)

another example

200000 D'bonair Airlines $ 17.43 / 3.22 $ 3,485,438

I've never actually lost money on shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Frayah express Airlines

Plans for the coming days.

I,m in the process of linking the my 4 main bases with interconecting flights, however in order to complete this I need to purchase the first B777-200LR, so there will be little or no new purchases until this has been completed.

We now have 101 profitable routes and arouncd 24mil of fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

buying about 10 AS.57 Ambassador's in the next couple of hours if anyone wants to buy some of OMAC Airlines shares. Not too shabby only a day running the airline and already a $500,000 income every couple of hours which isn't too shabby I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Lads i had 30.8 million lbs of fuel clicked on start routes 44 flights later i get almost 55 million dollars and my fuel is still at 30.8 million lbs :D try it

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I can't get into the app. Just a white screen:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,443 ✭✭✭✭kippy

pm. wrote: »
    Lads i had 30.8 million lbs of fuel clicked on start routes 44 flights later i get almost 55 million dollars and my fuel is still at 30.8 million lbs :D try it

Hit refresh or move to a different page.......itll show up eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

kippy wrote: »
    Hit refresh or move to a different page.......itll show up eventually

nope logged out and back in still the same. Now would be a good time to Invest in QuinkeyDink should be able to buy between 3/4 A340-200 every day now. BTW advertising now at 5k for billboards

Down for maintenance now.

Hope I've not missed out on the last of todays cheap'ish fuel, not sure exactly how much I'll need but could be running on fumes tomorrow.

pm. wrote: »

What airline are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

robinph wrote: »
    Down for maintenance now.

Hope I've not missed out on the last of todays cheap'ish fuel, not sure exactly how much I'll need but could be running on fumes tomorrow.

Hi Robin, I'll invest in ya once it's back up...very early for downtime, they usually go offline at 23:00 (ish).
    Damn, I have 11 planes waiting to go!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its a pity the developers aren't looking at a secondary market in trading aircraft and fuel with each other....... Would be an interesting sideline.

Airlingus' share price is pretty static at around the 11.20 mark. Last 2 days have been spent in upgrading shorthaul planes to Boeing 737-100s, upping capacity on some long haul routes (Bermuda, La Habana, Cebu, Auckland), and putting some short haul capacity in New York and London, secondary hubs, Dublin continues to be my main hub.......

Current cash generation is around 32-35m a day- as soon as I've upgraded my fleet (particularly the Challenger 100s and the Brittania 100s)- I'm going to try to build up more medium range, fuel efficient routes- probably with more 737-100s........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

AM is down, they are doing maintenance. Hopefully this will sort out the problems that we are having not being able to load the page.

I plan on getting rid of my ATR's and heading towards boeings. Will phase them out over the next couple of days. Got myself 6 A318E's before AM saw the loop hole. Such income earners. Had paid for themselves within 1 flight :)

I have bought a 757,2 x DC 10-10 and a 767. Share prices starting to look something decent and it can only get better. Invest with me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

bobcar61 wrote: »
    AM is down, they are doing maintenance. Hopefully this will sort out the problems that we are having not being able to load the page.

I plan on getting rid of my ATR's and heading towards boeings. Will phase them out over the next couple of days. Got myself 6 A318E's before AM saw the loop hole. Such income earners. Had paid for themselves within 1 flight :)

I have bought a 757,2 x DC 10-10 and a 767. Share prices starting to look something decent and it can only get better. Invest with me :)

Bobcar, whats your airline name?

I hope this down time sorts out the capacity issues. It was horrendous today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'm BrÁ Airlines but you have to search for Brí airlines.

Whats yours and I can return the favour?

they're back..

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

and we're back !

still very sluggish...anyone else experiencing snail pace for AM?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Back up, but can't load many pages. Trying to sort out advertising but the page wont load :(

EDIT: seems to be slightly quicker now..

Just bought another A340-200. Share price gone up to 1.38

Air-Madrid

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

fuel isnt being taken when you fly routes. my fuel has been at 4.95m lbs for ages and ive flown plenty of routes

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

How do you start up a route?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Apparently it's all Facebook's fault!!

Important info! - 2009-11-23
    Apparently facebook have made some changes today, so that the code of Airline Manager will be parsed differently. They have done this without prior notice, which means that I were not able to adapt Airline Manager to these changes. You may see various system U/S on Airline Manager. Please know that I am working my best to get all these issues corrected. First i need to know just what facebook changed, and it is apparently not easy to get that information.
    I hope you will still have patience with Airline Manager, as the last few days of problems must be very annoying.
    We do read the board, and all errors mentioned are noted down. But as we are having greater problems with AM at the moment, we need to attend these problems first.

Again thank you for your support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

$100,000 to transport some Colombian 'flowder'? Should I risk it?

Advertisement