Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

invest in me and i will invest in you every time your shares rise!

Air Mallow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

just bought 10,000 in air mallow - stock will rise as soon as I can get fuel, I have -200,000!!! at the moment with 7 planes waiting to be fueled.

all you need to do is match mine when it rises - the rest is up to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

See updated list below growing nicely now some guys have made some nice money from QuinkeyDink airlines and will continue to do so. the plan is to buy 2 A340-200 per day the best aircraft without doubt for the money.

B737-800 x3 135
    MD80 x2 130
    B787-8 x2 250
    B757-300 x2 243
    A340-200 x16 239
    B737-700 x1 149
    B737-700ER x2 126
    A319-100CJ x7 39
    B767-200 x3 224
    DC-8-72 x1 220

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anybody wanna make some easy profit, my shares are currently at $4.25 but increasing rapidly, buying 1 A340-200 every day now, have 11 so far, 2 787's, 2 767's, 1 757 and 6 737's

Finding the A340-200 is a profit making monster, getting between 1.1 and 1.7mill per trip, all long haul.

Scudzilla Airlines is the way to go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

electric69 wrote: »
    I will send you a message about 2-3 hrs before my next big investment if you are interested in further investment.
    Im expecting it to be tomorrow later afternoon.
    Only 76,000 shares left now.

Stock all gone.Anyone who bought...i would recommend long term investment as i intend to have my stock price in the hundreds within the next 2weeks!

Many thanks from cheaperthanryanair Airlines! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Griffair are pleased to announce that it has signed a deal with Airbus.

The deal will bring a futher 25 Airbus aircraft to the fleet in the next week.

The order is

Airbus A330 - 300 x 5
    Airbus A320 - 300 x 5
    Airbus A321 - 300 x 5
    Airbus A318 - 100 x 10

Griffair currently operate 15 Airbus aircraft. All of the above aircraft will operate out of their Dublin hub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ricky87

uninstalled it myself but how does it work
    it starts the fly now button and repairs maintainence if required but whats the story with buying fuel

At this time there is no support to the maintenance of the aircraft :)
    when does it buy fuel, how much does it buy and does it take price into account?

There is a configuration section into the souce code. All that you know is explained in that section :)
    kippy wrote: »
    Dont get me wrong, you have written a great tool for people and it has taken some skill, fair play, I just dont see the need for it myself, although I can see how others would like it.

Ok i understand your opinion. In fact i'm not here to promote my script but only to explain motivations and what i think about the discourse of cheating.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Fuel at 400

Just bought 10,000,000lbs should last me 36 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭crisco10

gaff85 wrote: »
    Fuel at 400

Just bought 10,000,000lbs should last me 36 hours

Just stocked up also. Share price took a bang though. hate the way that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks for the heads up on the fuel...have you noticed on Fridays the system doesn't go down for backup at 23:00 like other nights??
    Also, I predict fuel to stay at $400 until at least noon tomorrow (Saturday)....just a prediction!

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    Just stocked up also. Share price took a bang though. hate the way that happens.

I dont mind taking a hit on the share price, better to have planes flying and a lower share price, than a nice high share price and all planes grounded...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

pawrick wrote: »
    hi guys - finally remembered my password and ahem username!

anyhow

invest in my airline

Athloneinababylon Airlines

http://apps.facebook.com/airline_manager/index.php

just bought 8 Business class jets (tip from another airline) and the money will be rolling in soon (once the fuel is a normal price!)

will invest back :)

I just bought 50,000 shares in your airline.

I've only sold around 125,000 so plenty more iof you can invest in my airline. Favour will be returned.

Just wondering about routes, how often do you close a route and add a new one based on the demand % of that route?

Is the demand figure really that important once you keep it within 89%-100%? I think as long as you invest in advertising the seats will be mainly full on each flight, now I do have fairly limited experience on this.

Anyone else care to comment?

I've noticed with advertising that a lot of my flights are full a lot of the time :)

What's classified as a business jet. I bought a Learjet and no achievement :(

And I noticed someone has an A318 Elite in their fleet, how did you buy that because I can't see it in the Buy Aircraft list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭crisco10

anyhow

invest in my airline

just bought 8 Business class jets (tip from another airline) and the money will be rolling in soon (once the fuel is a normal price!)

Just bought 49995. now go buy some fuel while its $400! (then buy some of my stock with the change!)

thanks for the heads up on the fuel...have you noticed on Fridays the system doesn't go down for backup at 23:00 like other nights??
    Also, I predict fuel to stay at $400 until at least noon tomorrow (Saturday)....just a prediction!

Your prediction wasn't correct, it's now gone up to $1,600. Luckily I bought 8 million lbs of it at $400 so that should keep me going for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Your prediction wasn't correct, it's now gone up to $1,600.
    Back at $400, thank you staying up late!!
    Just bought $36M worth rather than a new widebody.

Purchased A340-200x2, B737-600 x1, A320-200 X1

Removed all B737-500, Started to remove ATR42, 72 and EMB120 as Advertisement ceases to exist.

Opend two new bases, Cape Town (A340) & Buenos Aires (A340)

Replacing ATR's with B737-600's and the B737-500 with new A320's on the same routes. Increase of capacity and quicker flight times equals more profits.

Stock price again gained today, currently standing at 4.63

Frayah Express will be an all jet fleet by Sunday. Minimium seat capactiy on all flights will be 100 seats.

Catering is working fine, no loss to date. Gained 50 Pax Bonus.

Fuel hedged for at least the next 36 hours.

Planned Purchases Saturday 3 A320's 9 B737-600's & 2 B787-800

Current route map,

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=698665826

Mick Gaffney
    Frayah Express CEO

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Your prediction wasn't correct, it's now gone up to $1,600. Luckily I bought 8 million lbs of it at $400 so that should keep me going for a while.

d'oh! sorry :o

mind you, it's still at $400 this morning...just spent last night's earnings on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Just got rid of the ATR's and routes and replaced them with 2 MD80s, giving me a total of 12. Also got a 767-200 yesterday evening. Plan over the next week or so is as follows..

4 more 767-200
    2x A340-200
    possibly some more MD80s too.

Fleet is as follows:
    1x B737-800
    12 x MD80
    1x B767-200ER
    1x CRJ 200LR

CRJ is next on the chopping board.

General info:
    Total Flights: 319
    Pax of all Time: 29038
    Stock Rate: 0.76

Account: 941,684
    Company Value: $7,526,000
    Fuel: 16,845,816 Lbs

Airline is coming along nicely, longer term plan is to get rid of the MD80s for larger capacity planes but not sure which ones to go for, any advice there would be appreciated, also any thoughts on the 767-200 or A340-200 would be appreciated too :D

Air-Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Fuel now at 400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Is there really any point to selling a plane that's on a profitable route? Especially the ATR type that we all start off with - the value of selling that is minuscule, and I'd have the opinion that you might as well keep em if the route's profitable? The value of a sold ATR at 100k barely contributes to the value of a decent 737 at 5 millions! Any thoughts? Consider that there are achievements for th enumber of routes you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JimmyGerrard

Hi guys,

In need of some buying advice...currently have five MD-80s, 2 Dash 8 Q-300 and one ATR-42-600. The MD-80s bring me in around $1.5million in total every time I send them out, and because their maximum trip is around 7 hours I can realistically get them dispatched 3 times a day, so at present that's $4.5million from the five of them. I am now at the point where I need to decide whether I keep buying MD-80s, or whether I start to save that money and buy something a bit bigger (I currently have $1.7m in the account and 2m lb fuel).

The 757-300 looks like a very interesting plane, $7m but has Pax of 243 and a range of 6421, which means I should be able to send it three times a day. The DC10-10 also looks good with 250 Pax and 6436 range for $6.8m.The MD80s I have been buying have a great range at 6000 and takes 130 Pax, so is a very good plane as well for $2m.

Any help appreciated!

JimmyG

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hi guys,

In need of some buying advice...currently have five MD-80s, 2 Dash 8 Q-300 and one ATR-42-600. The MD-80s bring me in around $1.5million in total every time I send them out, and because their maximum trip is around 7 hours I can realistically get them dispatched 3 times a day, so at present that's $4.5million from the five of them. I am now at the point where I need to decide whether I keep buying MD-80s, or whether I start to save that money and buy something a bit bigger (I currently have $1.7m in the account and 2m lb fuel).

The 757-300 looks like a very interesting plane, $7m but has Pax of 243 and a range of 6421, which means I should be able to send it three times a day. The DC10-10 also looks good with 250 Pax and 6436 range for $6.8m.The MD80s I have been buying have a great range at 6000 and takes 130 Pax, so is a very good plane as well for $2m.

Any help appreciated!

JimmyG
    Hi Jimmy,
    Would recommend the 757-300. I have a fleet of 30 of them, leaving them at that as after I got about ten I bought the odd a340 200 when I could afford it.
    The 757-300 is a great profit maker and you can get it out three times a day potentially each one brining in 1.8 mill profit per day.....
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Prenderb wrote: »
    Is there really any point to selling a plane that's on a profitable route? Especially the ATR type that we all start off with - the value of selling that is minuscule, and I'd have the opinion that you might as well keep em if the route's profitable? The value of a sold ATR at 100k barely contributes to the value of a decent 737 at 5 millions! Any thoughts? Consider that there are achievements for th enumber of routes you have.

The achievements for routes actualy monetary rewards are quite low.
    To be honest the main reason I sell of planes is to "tidy up" the fleet, reduce amount of fuel for low profit routes and mainly because unless you are always logged in those short haul flights take a lot of effort on a daily basis.
    You also tend to get more mechanical issues with certain/older planes.
    Kippy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just discovered this and started messing around with it today. Already wasted most of my cash on some slow atr things flying around Europe.

fuel is 400!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

anyhow

invest in my airline

Bought 15,000 (i think) stocks

Duracell Airlines

i have now began the re-generation project.

ive started replacing my md-80's with 757-300's and my atr's with 737's!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Airlingus used 4000 Pax points to get another 2 * Airbus A380-800s and has commenced replacing DC6, DC7, DC10 craft with Airbus.

Routes now include a new London and New York hub, both of which are solely long haul. Basing shorthaul out of Dublin. Currently 33 routes, increasing by 2-3 a day (this is going to change as my next focus is on fleet upgrading).

I seem to be generating lots of PAX points- not sure why, but I'm happy......

Also- with 33 routes in operation- I'm averaging 6-8 pieces of damage a day (though 120k for a flat tyre is taking the piss if you ask me.......)

The putting the A380-800s into service has done wonders for my share price- do not expect increases similar for several days, until my fleet upgrade is complete (probably at least a week)- any more PAX points generated are going on fuel, and any cash- on fleet upgrades.

S.

Advertisement