Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

hick wrote: »
    afraid the lowest you'll see the fuel go today is $1300

Eh? I just bought a shed load for $900 :P

(and waiting for it to drop further to panic buy ;) )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Waiting for it to drop to 400 myself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Maybe they have changed from the predicted prices that people had figured out for each day?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

robinph wrote: »
    Maybe they have changed from the predicted prices that people had figured out for each day?

If people weren't so blatant about speculating about it on the AM forum- it might have gone unnoticed by the developers....... Thats life......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

smccarrick wrote: »
    If people weren't so blatant about speculating about it on the AM forum- it might have gone unnoticed by the developers....... Thats life......:(

Its actually funny how obvious people are on those forums. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

robinph wrote: »
    Thinking that I should stop trying to upgrade my slow/ small and little planes as well and just save up the cash to buy some more big/ fast ones as well to then start some longer route.

that's what I'm doing also. I've sold all my ATRs and now sticking to jet based planes, from 1 BAe 146 to a few bigger boys and saving to get an A340-200 hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Right, I have completed the restructing and I am happy with the new short-medium term plan. I have $1m in the bank.

Now flying:
    1x MD-80
    2 x DC-9

All Jet fleet with maximum ranges. The only thing I need is some cheaper fuel.

So at 6cent a share, this could be a good time to get in with an investment with

LINKAER Airlines.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jrwings

Hello all,
    Discovered this addictive game through this thread, have a few shares in some of the airlines mentioned.
    My shares are up 100% in 4 days so jumpon the bandwagon.

JR

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I can't get it to load at all at the moment- just getting a blank screen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

smccarrick wrote: »
    I can't get it to load at all at the moment- just getting a blank screen :(

Ditto.

It loads up every so often but there is a lot of f5-ing going on at my end. Annoying because i have about 17 planes to dispatch in the next half hour...:mad:

Leinster Airlines Update:

Fleet:

A/C Number
    B737-800 x1
    A320-200 x1
    MD80 x1
    A321-200 x1
    B787-8 x2
    ATR 72-500 x1
    ATR 42-500 x1
    B757-300 x1
    A318-100 x1
    A340-200 x2
    B737-700 x6
    B737-700C x2
    Fokker 100 Tay620 x1
    DC-10-10 x1
    ATR 42-400 x1
    ATR 42-600 x2

25 routes. All maxing the range of the planes, all demand over 90%. Share price now €2.32.

Kind of a varied fleet as I was fiddling to see how different planes performed. DC-10-10 and MD80 are great money earners but fairly chew the fuel. Makes me hesitant to invest much in them in case of a fuel crisis down the line. What do people think about these fuel guzzlers?

Fokker 100 is a great plane for anybody starting I think. Costs about 1.1M which it will earn back in a day. Good fuel consumption too.

In general, my strategy will be invest in more B787-8 or a340-200 as well as a 737-700 here and there to supplement my medium haul routes.

C-Checks due on my first plane this week so that may slow my fleet expansion a little!

route_graph_all.php?id=263200464&xTvCbSh028J=2009-11-24%2017:21:22

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

up to a fleet of 14 planes now with a decent mix between short and long haul flights.

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1424898799

only have 350,000lbs of fuel though so need to start stock piling that soon but have no cash due to buying lots of planes. next plan is to start upping capacity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Have 10 B707's at the moment, 144pax and a range of 9913km.
    route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1586801294

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

So at 6cent a share, this could be a good time to get in with an investment with

LINKAER Airlines.
    Can't seem to find you in the Buy Stocks search.

Currently have 193M. Shouldb e able to buy my first A380 before midnight tonight.

Good time to buy shares in D'bonair Airlines before the A380 pushes them up. Why not buy a couple of 1000, then sell tomorrow night as I guarantee they will have increased in the 24 hours cooloff period. Will get A380 tonight,then a couple more A342s tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tower Ranger

does anyone know what factors are in play in gaining pax points?
    - understood, but what else is a factor?
    I've 100 rep, good share progression, meals, hub
    only 30000 shares left in Aerclare btw

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sunamd

Hi all,

Started on Saturday evening, got 11 planes on the go. Pretty heavily stocked on the prop planes at the moment but bought a second jet engine today. Shares are good at 0.14 up from 0.11. Advertising on all routes except one, demand on flights is >90% on all. Good time to buy stock cos the plan is to save and buy planes for the 1.5 m mark. I try and invest in airlines onthis thread daily too.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Ald

I notice the max number of flights at any time says it's now 10....

What's that about??? I still have 20 flying...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That is just to do with how many flights you can start in one batch at a time, not the number of flights that you can actually have in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ald wrote: »
    That is just to do with how many flights you can start in one batch at a time, not the number of flights that you can actually have in the air.
    Looks like they copped on and realised that 20 flights at a time wasn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jrwings

Might speed AM up a bit with less flights at the same time.
    I think its a good idea for the new airlines, it means they can catch up faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

just started this the other day. what's the best way to build quickly. Is there much point messing around with short flights or is it best to buy long distance planes asap and then ditch the shorter routes.

also, whats the craic with hubs and routes which don't run out of them. Whats the best way to minimise charges and are certain hubs cheaper than others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Spudsairways

Hi guys if anyone is intrested in buying stock. My airline spudsairways airlines its doing quiet well. Only 5 planes at the moment. All lng hall.

reputation at 92%
    Value 4 million,
    Share price keeps going up
    Well worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jrwings wrote: »
    Might speed AM up a bit with less flights at the same time.
    I think its a good idea for the new airlines, it means they can catch up faster.

You're missing the point slightly.
    The button to put multiple planes flying previously would set off 20 planes at a time, now it only sets off only 10.
    You can however have up to 400 planes in the sky at the same time.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Aviajets fleet so far

MD80 X 7
    731 X 3
    734 X 2
    735 X 2
    736 X 1
    A319 X 1
    762 X 1
    DC10-10 X 1
    ATR42-300 X 10
    732C X 1
    732ADV X 1

Grow grow grow!!!!

Spideog Airlines is now flying with:

B737-800 x1
    MD80 x 1
    BAe146 x 3
    DHC-8-Q300 x 6
    ATR 42-300 x 7
    ATR 42-600 x 1

Gone from $0.15 to $0.20 share price since yesterday. Think that I will actually swap out the ATRs though as funds allow, their speed is just annoying me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Aviajets fleet so far

Were you on a break for a while? Your stock has been the same for a while now
    My airline spudsairways airlines its doing quiet well.

invested
    Sunamd wrote: »
    Honkytonk Airlines

Invested
    Aerclare

Invested and i am also curious about those pax points. any other way of getting them except for achievements?

The blank screens are getting really annoying now, they need to fix this sharpish!!

Rustbucket Airlines moving along nicely now, I like the 757-300's. Got 8 now of a total fleet of 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I play this most days during work,not too worried about stock at the mo the airline is pulling in plenty of profit.Im looking into buying proper lh a/c this week maybe 772er expensive but i like em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Moloney airlines is buying a DC-10 tomorrow to operate from New york to La Paz

good time to invest

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=794490759

Current fleet

B737-800 1
    MD80 1
    ATR 42-500 1
    B737-700C 1
    B737-500 2
    ATR 42-300 4

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

kippy wrote: »
    You're missing the point slightly.
    The button to put multiple planes flying previously would set off 20 planes at a time, now it only sets off only 10.
    You can however have up to 400 planes in the sky at the same time.....

Appears you can only have 10 in the air at any one time

from the flight page
    - Max 10 flights at a time

Sure what's the point in having 400 planes now!

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?app_id=93673891404&xid=AM_B2&c_url=http%253A%252F%252Fapps.facebook.com%252Fairline_manager%252Fboard.php%253Fp%253Db2&r_url=http%253A%252F%252Fapps.facebook.com%252Fairline_manager%252Fboard.php%253Fp%253Db2&sig=3f420b63ded6bd5b131e95178a90eca0&topic=8475

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

hick wrote: »
    MAX 10 flights at a time is the amount of flights you can send off using the "Start Routes" button at the bottom of the flight page, the message is right across from the button and if you use the button you can see it only lists ten flights......If you click the button again you can send of another 10 flights and so on, you can have upto 400 flights flying at the same time but can only launch them now in bunches of 10 as opposed to 20 which it had been p till this point.
    Lots of point in having up to 400 planes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

I've 22 aircraft I've 4 ready to go, plenty of fuel and no damage and they won't start

All routes are flying or unable to fly

maybe it's all glitchy again!!!

jafajd.gif

Advertisement