Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

that script has a feature for maintenance and even fuel

only problem is that it will purchase fuel no matter what the cost

i tried it and uninstalled it after it spent all my money on fuel lol, not for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

gaff85 wrote: »
    All

Whom ever on this board purchased share in Frayah Express can you make you airlines knwo to me and I will purchase shares in your airline.

Frayah Express

cheaperthanryanair airlines :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

smccarrick wrote: »
    Its a greasemonkey script that simply hits the 'start flights' button every so often (once every 10 minutes I think). It takes no account of anything else- and you have to leave the flights page open on the computer you're running it on. If your advertising lapses- your flights are not as full as they might otherwise have been- and if you need maintenance- the flight goes nowhere too........ the page its hosted on suggests there are updates coming (whatever those might be).

How do you get it to work ,

When you you leave it open on the flights page , do you leave it on the page with all your flights or just a single one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

All

Whom ever on this board purchased share in Frayah Express can you make you airlines knwo to me and I will purchase shares in your airline.

Frayah Express
    I purchased, but I want you to invest the money in more air craft and make me more cash, than to waste it on my airlines shares :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

How do you get it to work ,

When you you leave it open on the flights page , do you leave it on the page with all your flights or just a single one ?
    you leave it open on your flights page.....

Just checked the script and you can modify it to change fuel variables and how much it will but at what value etc when it is available.
    Good script. Amnt going to use it though, dont consider it cheating but what will my input be if I did use it, feck all.
    Would think its handiest if you have a shed load of shorthaul planes but dont actually get in front of your PC all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭crisco10

kippy wrote: »
    you leave it open on your flights page.....

Just checked the script and you can modify it to change fuel variables and how much it will but at what value etc when it is available.
    Good script. Amnt going to use it though, dont consider it cheating but what will my input be if I did use it, feck all.
    Would think its handiest if you have a shed load of shorthaul planes but dont actually get in front of your PC all day.

Exactly, the only thing you would need to do is log on and buy a plane or two and check your advertising. It certainly would take away from the sense of achievement. Not my cup of tea at all. That said, I don't think of it as cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

be careful to buy fuel extra quick when u to there cos it was at 400 for 1000lb when i opened the window

i typed in 200,000 lb of fuel straight away and it cost me 320,000 $ -- costing me 1600$ per 1000lb

it must have changed really quickly as i pressed the buttom, i feel ****ing robbed

btw my airline is moloney airlines is anyone wants to be friends :)

got yourself a new investor..welcome fellow budding airline tycoon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

crisco10 wrote: »
    Large risk beacuse you need to pre-buy all your meals and they expire within hours. (there is also a minimum order size of a few thousand). Also the small mark up (~4%) makes me wonder if its worth it. There is an achievement for buying 8500 meals at once though...
    Minimum purchase of 15k meals and they perish within 14 hours...... Even with the best of will in the world- you are not going to sell large numbers- unless you buy the delux meals- and even then the markup is crap.

I just bought 15000 meals. Have just launched 90% of my routes. I have 74 routes with 44 a/c over 200 seaters. Overall sold 6957 meals. Will get to launch another wave in 10-12 hours to try to sell the rest.

As above not worth it unless you have a huge huge fleet and will sell them all in the 14 hour period. My last flight launched was a B737-700, 135 pax, sold 15 meals!!!!

They may well change the parameters in a few days so that the quality of meals has a bigger reflection on your reputation and pax bonus points. And lowering the min buy would help too.

Reading below,didn't realise other suppliers had different min buys. I just went for the top option, assumed my pax would like nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Last time I checked the minimum order for the cheapest one was 1500 or so? I think, can't check right now cause its down.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Yep, the quantities and shelf life are variable. "Cloud Chefs" are currently offering a minimum order of 950 with a shelf life of 12 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

electric69 wrote: »
    cheaperthanryanair airlines :)

Purchased 9999 shares....Will buy more tomorrow if there is a sign of positive movement

Bogger77 wrote: »
    I purchased, but I want you to invest the money in more air craft and make me more cash, than to waste it on my airlines shares :-)

Bogger

No worries, purchased 3rd B787, 2 additional B737-900, 1st B737-900ER, and an additional ATR72-600

61 Aircraft
    All routes profitable
    Share Price 4.03

There will be no Aircraft Purchased over the coming 48 hours, this is due to the retirment of the ageing (2 weeks old) B737-500's, earlier ATR's and the EMB120 fleet.

Deciding between the A330/340s or B777/787's, any ideas?

Current Route Map

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=698665826

Fleet breakdown

A320-200 2
    A321-200 2
    B787-8 3
    B757-300 6
    B737-700 4
    B737-700ER 5
    B737-500 3
    B737-600 1
    B737-900ER 1
    B737-900 4
    B767-200 1
    EMB 120 2
    ERJ 190-200 3
    CRJ 1000 9
    ATR 42-600 8
    ATR 72-600 7

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

I say go with A340-200s. Under $16M with great range and decent capacity. Worked a treat for me, most routes should bring in $1.2-1.4M per flight. I now have 26 of them, am now adding B787-800s to the fleet (10 of them, 3 bought tonight!) I found my income and growth started to snowball with my 3rd or 4th A342.

77 aircraft. Shares at $13.28. Jump from $4-5 to this was due mostly to the widebody purchases.

Dacian wrote: »
    I say go with A340-200s. Under $16M with great range and decent capacity. Worked a treat for me, most routes should bring in $1.2-1.4M per flight. I now have 26 of them, am now adding B787-800s to the fleet (10 of them, 3 bought tonight!) I found my income and growth started to snowball with my 3rd or 4th A342.

77 aircraft. Shares at $13.28. Jump from $4-5 to this was due mostly to the widebody purchases.

You can actually get 1.5-1.6 mill profit on the 340-200s by maximising route length using one of the sites mentioned above.
    Also the 757-300, I found to be a decent cheaper plan. You'll get at least 2 flights per day out of them, 7-8 hours per flight, 600k profit and cost around 7.5 mill.
    Have built my fleet on both these aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

My shares are starting to rise nicely now, this time yesterday it was around $0.28 per share now its at $0.41. Hopefully buy another new aircraft this evening or tomorrow morning.
    Looking at the MD80, good range on them and a relatively decent return.Have 3 in my fleet at the moment so with a few more the income will start rising and then start looking at the bigger birds.

Watch this space.

And Invest,I'll return the favour :)

My route map..

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1040010145

bobcar61 wrote: »
    My shares are starting to rise nicely now, this time yesterday it was around $0.28 per share now its at $0.41. Hopefully buy another new aircraft this evening or tomorrow morning.
    Looking at the MD80, good range on them and a relatively decent return.Have 3 in my fleet at the moment so with a few more the income will start rising and then start looking at the bigger birds.

Watch this space.

And Invest,I'll return the favour :)

My route map..

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1040010145

Just bought 19998 shares there. i'm Leinster Airlines if you want to invest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I've already done so :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

20,000 shares bought in Biffo, Leinster and Moloney airlines by Macrubicon Airlines - turning into a bit of a share monster !

Update the google spreadsheet at
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArN09fPYffNadGd6Vk1vQlF6ajFQQmxLSHJ5S1BWeGc&hl=en

Biggest Climbers since the 18/11/09:

Share Price Growth
    Airlingus Airlines 2.24 94.78%
    Macrubicon Airlines 0.27 50.00%
    Air Mallow Airlines 0.36 50.00%
    Tyrone Airlines 0.18 50.00%
    Receeding H Airlines 6.18 38.88%
    Leinster Airlines 1.22 38.64%
    RangeAir Airlines 0.38 35.71%
    Rustbucket Airlines 0.86 32.31%
    Air-Madrid Airlines 0.56 30.23%
    Culanski Airlines 0.18 28.57%
    BrÃ* Airlines (search: brí) 0.41 28.13%
    Frayah Express Airlines 4.19 26.97%
    Bumpy Landings Airlines 0.2 25.00%
    XL Airways Airlines 0.26 23.81%
    D'bonair Airlines 13.45 22.61%
    milltown Airlines 2.87 20.59%
    Dubair airlines 2.92 19.67%
    Scudzilla Airlines 3.95 19.34%
    Galway Airlines 3.79 19.18%
    QuinkeyDink Airlines 5.55 18.84%
    mehatastic Airlines 0.13 18.18%
    WHU Air Airlines 0.59 18.00%
    Kippy Airlines 35.8 17.26%
    Passage West Airlines 0.29 16.00%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

crisco10 wrote: »
    Update the google spreadsheet at
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArN09fPYffNadGd6Vk1vQlF6ajFQQmxLSHJ5S1BWeGc&hl=en

Biggest Climbers since the 18/11/09:

Share Price Growth
    Airlingus Airlines 2.24 94.78%
    Macrubicon Airlines 0.27 50.00%
    Air Mallow Airlines 0.36 50.00%
    Tyrone Airlines 0.18 50.00%
    Receeding H Airlines 6.18 38.88%
    Leinster Airlines 1.22 38.64%
    RangeAir Airlines 0.38 35.71%
    Rustbucket Airlines 0.86 32.31%
    Air-Madrid Airlines 0.56 30.23%
    Culanski Airlines 0.18 28.57%
    BrÃ* Airlines (search: brí) 0.41 28.13%
    Frayah Express Airlines 4.19 26.97%
    Bumpy Landings Airlines 0.2 25.00%
    XL Airways Airlines 0.26 23.81%
    D'bonair Airlines 13.45 22.61%
    milltown Airlines 2.87 20.59%
    Dubair airlines 2.92 19.67%
    Scudzilla Airlines 3.95 19.34%
    Galway Airlines 3.79 19.18%
    QuinkeyDink Airlines 5.55 18.84%
    mehatastic Airlines 0.13 18.18%
    WHU Air Airlines 0.59 18.00%
    Kippy Airlines 35.8 17.26%
    Passage West Airlines 0.29 16.00%

I like the look of Leinster Airlines , just took 125,000 shares !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ricky87

Its a greasemonkey script that simply hits the 'start flights' button every so often (once every 10 minutes I think).

No, it reads the remaining time it takes for a plane to become available and hit the "start flight" button after this time.

However, I have developed this tool not to cheat but only for javascript's passion and for the situation when i can't use pc for 2 or more days. And also i don't think that using it can be considered cheating because you have to do manually some important thing for the game (like buy advertisement, buy aircraft and selecet best routes, select best investiments,..).

Regards.

Ricky87 wrote: »
    No, it reads the remaining time it takes for a plane to become available and hit the "start flight" button after this time.

However, I have developed this tool not to cheat but only for javascript's passion and for the situation when i can't use pc for 2 or more days. And also i don't think that using it can be considered cheating because you have to do manually some important thing for the game (like buy advertisement, buy aircraft and selecet best routes, select best investiments,..).

Regards.

Dont get me wrong, you have written a great tool for people and it has taken some skill, fair play, I just dont see the need for it myself, although I can see how others would like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Purchased 9999 shares....Will buy more tomorrow if there is a sign of positive movement

I will send you a message about 2-3 hrs before my next big investment if you are interested in further investment.
    Im expecting it to be tomorrow later afternoon.
    Only 76,000 shares left now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Looking for suggestions on which aircraft to buy next to replace my 737's.

Price of around 3million, would like 150+ pax and a range of 7000+ km.

Any ideas?

Ricky87 wrote: »

Regards.

uninstalled it myself but how does it work

it starts the fly now button and repairs maintainence if required but whats the story with buying fuel

when does it buy fuel, how much does it buy and does it take price into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

when does it buy fuel, how much does it buy and does it take price into account?
    I imagine it does what I'm doing at the moment until the price drops - buying the minimum necessary.

So if I'm -1500 in fuel and have some flights I need to send off, I buy 1501 lbs of fuel and start the flights.

reason i uninstalled it was because i had for the first time 2 million in the bank and few small planes doing some routes, i was saving to buy a boeing...

i came back and looked at it and it had bought 600,000 fuel TWICE so it cost 320,000 dollars worth of expensive fuel... got 2,000,000 lb aprox which i still have but it automatically bought me LOADS of EXPENSIVE fuel when i didnt need it! (i had 50,000lb) aprox at the time anyway and was happy with that do be enough for the small routes for the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Something mad is happening, AM gave a MySQL error and now after I refreshed I'm viewing someones elses airline :O

Now it says
    We are doing maintenance on AM
    Dear all. We are taking regular backup of the servers, and doing some system optimization.
    We estimate that this backup may take around 1 hour.

Thank you for your patience

lol, that was weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

hi guys - finally remembered my password and ahem username!

anyhow

invest in my airline

Athloneinababylon Airlines

http://apps.facebook.com/airline_manager/index.php

just bought 8 Business class jets (tip from another airline) and the money will be rolling in soon (once the fuel is a normal price!)

will invest back :)

Advertisement