Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

smccarrick wrote: »
    That frog junk is far more fuel efficient. Speaking of which fuel- back up at $2100 per 1000lbs again.........

And back down to $400/1000lbs again....... Is someone playing games, flicking a switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

tis been 400 for most of the day! im not buying a while as im only in need of 50k to get my 757-300 off the ground and advertised! any suggestions on a route?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭crisco10

tis been 400 for most of the day! im not buying a while as im only in need of 50k to get my 757-300 off the ground and advertised! any suggestions on a route?

Anything that uses the max range of the plane and is high demand.

This might help

http://am.n00b.hk/

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

...... any suggestions on a route?
    Look at the highest demand cities under 'find route'. See if yoiu can fly between two of them,using at least 70% of the range of the B753!

Try Port Moresby to Vientiane. I have a A321 doing it with 6000KM range. Has 99% demand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Coolio wrote: »
    bought 80000. help me out by investing in Culanski Airlines....making steady progress!

also bought Billious Bog and Duracell as well

Bought 14,000 shares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

what's the benefit of people investing your airline, does it increase your cash?

Bogger77 wrote: »
    what's the benefit of people investing your airline, does it increase your cash?

There is an achievement for gettin 80000 shares of your company purchased...other than that no real benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Griffair are cancelling all flights to france... lol!

WE WERE ROBBED LADS!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

wayne2107 wrote: »
    Griffair are cancelling all flights to france... lol!

WE WERE ROBBED LADS!

Selling off all my airbus in protest as well.
    What counts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

This is my network

Hope it works
    route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1461936234
    Biffo Express

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Bill Board Adds only 5k at the minute

My stock price has gone from $0.20 to $0.24 in less than a day, not too bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Griffair is in the middle of a major change.

Gone are all the Boeings, Atr,s ,& Bae 146.

Updated Fleet List:

A320-200 x 2
    A330-300 x 5
    A321-200 x 1
    A318-100 x 3

Anyone started using catering yet? Much of a return?

KamiKazi wrote: »

I "dabbled" but I couldn't really see the benefit. Large risk beacuse you need to pre-buy all your meals and they expire within hours. (there is also a minimum order size of a few thousand). Also the small mark up (~4%) makes me wonder if its worth it. There is an achievement for buying 8500 meals at once though...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

crisco10 wrote: »
    I "dabbled" but I couldn't really see the benefit. Large risk beacuse you need to pre-buy all your meals and they expire within hours. (there is also a minimum order size of a few thousand). Also the small mark up (~4%) makes me wonder if its worth it. There is an achievement for buying 8500 meals at once though...

I buy the meals to keep the customer happy , not sure if it helps but my rep is at 100%

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

crisco10 wrote: »
    Anything that uses the max range of the plane and is high demand.

This might help

http://am.n00b.hk/

Excellent excellent find , makes life a hell of a lot easier !!! Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

unless you have a large enough airline that you can move 1000's of meals in a 12 hr period its a complete waste of money. I wont be doing it again till i am moving 15k-20k pax a day at least.

Minimum purchase of 15k meals and they perish within 14 hours...... Even with the best of will in the world- you are not going to sell large numbers- unless you buy the delux meals- and even then the markup is crap.

It has no bearing on your reputation- most of us are doing 18-20 hour flights with no catering and are on 100% reputation- so why bother?

Yea that's what I was thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

It also now affect your Pax-Bouns stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

if anyone using that thing that starts your flights automatically?

looks quite handy but not sure if it would be deemed cheating??

oooh im running low on fuel,

how did everyone get so many big jets? i am running few turbo props trying to get money up for another 737 but its pretty hard to get the funds, are people actually buying money with real money (something i swore i would never do for a game)

gaff85 wrote: »
    It also now affect your Pax-Bouns stats.

Pax-bonus stats? Where are they?

Naked Leper:

Its very much a snowball effect, It takes ages to buy you first 2 or 3 planes but then you get to the stage where you can buy a big plane a day. Stick with it. And I think most people here have not invested real money in the game.

are people actually buying money with real money (something i swore i would never do for a game)

Definitely happening.

are people actually buying money with real money (something i swore i would never do for a game)

probably, don't see the point myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

probably, don't see the point myself.

Yeah,takes the fun out of it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

if anyone using that thing that starts your flights automatically?

Tells us more of this automatic starter? was their a link on the thread i missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

The link is only a page or two back, I think it only works with Mozilla Firefox, I've not tried it.

Is anyone else finding AM pretty slow today?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

bobcar61 wrote: »
    The link is only a page or two back, I think it only works with Mozilla Firefox, I've not tried it.

Is anyone else finding AM pretty slow today?
    Well, I havent used it but from afar I could see three possible issues with it.
    1. The advertising may have lapsed on the route, does it allow for that?
    2. Does it allow for maintenance issues with the planes?
    3. I would sustpect it is some form of cheating however.....I dont think AM would be able to figure out it was cheating as the script runs on top of firefox. Ive used this addon before and there are some useful scripts for it.

Havent been on yet but I suspect the bad weather (and shed loads more people playing the game in the past week or so have something to do with it)

• Advertisement

Its a greasemonkey script that simply hits the 'start flights' button every so often (once every 10 minutes I think). It takes no account of anything else- and you have to leave the flights page open on the computer you're running it on. If your advertising lapses- your flights are not as full as they might otherwise have been- and if you need maintenance- the flight goes nowhere too........ the page its hosted on suggests there are updates coming (whatever those might be).

Advertisement