Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I had a great meal in Abalone on Dominick street in Galway recently. It is a very small cosy place with only seating for about 20. This gives a really personal service and the food itself is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

My favourite restaurant in Cork would be the Strasbourg Goose. It used to be quite expensive but now they are doing 3 courses for €20 :) Whatever about price, it is right in the city centre, has a cosy atmosphere and even a few tables outside if you can brave an Irish winter!

Fav hotel in Dublin would be Jurys in Parnell St. Great price at €59 per room if you waive you right to cancel at last minute (and even I have argued my way around this before ;) ). It is opposite a lovely little restuarant called the Kingfisher which does filling breakfasts and lunch. Anyone who loves books will love this hotel too as it is right across the road from Chapters Bookstore which sells both first and second hand books. After my girlfriend dragged me all over the city the last time we were up, this was deemed to be the place with the best deals and choice. For those of you from Cork reading, think of it like a much, much, much bigger Vibes and Scribes.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 laly

One of my favourite restaurants in Dublin is Tonic in Blackrock, they serve delicous food at reasonable prices, the staff are friendly and efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Sufi's Cafe on Lower Stephen's Street, great food and a relaxed atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hiwampef

my favourite in dublin is pasta fresca - very comfortable for family, friends or both, totally delicious food and very reasonable in these recessionary times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Mine has to be the port house in dublin! Tapas are excellent! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

The Laurels Restaurant at the Cork Greyhound track. Good food,good service and a great nights entertainment all rolled into one

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxLillyxx

Toscana in Dun Laoghaire:)
    Great food (try the Suppli), friendly service, nice atmosphere and a lovely view of Dun Laoghaire seafront

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

I'd have to say Pearl Brasserie in Dublin.

Service, food and value for money for what they are doing there simply cannot be beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DomCom

The White House in Kinsale is a reasonably priced boutique hotel. Great food, and none of the blandness of your average hotel. Great location too.

A great place for sushi in Dublin is the Hop House on Parnell street. It's also a fully licensed bar with a good selection of beers and a seated outdoor smoking area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

Venu Brasserie in Annes Lane Dublin. Some of the finest food I've ever tasted and perfect sized portions, not excessive, meaning you leave ready to enjoy the rest of your night, not crash in the corner of some pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 laly

Yamamori on Georges street. Great authentic Asian food, really nice atmosphere, and really pleasant staff

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭paddy111199

Hi there!! My favourite restaurant is Boulevard Cafe on Wicklow street. It is where I had my first date with my girlf and I proposed to her at the same table as where we had the first date last week!! Love the food, wine and the crack.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jamiecall

Excellent prize! Would be a nice pick me up!

Best restaurant for me would have to be fenns quay in cork. Beautiful food, surroundings and atmosphere. Real shame that it got flooded last week but I'm sure Kev will be back up and running soon.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Hi, my favourite restuarant is Monty's of Kathmandu in Dublin, always a great atmosphere in the place and a great variety on their menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Favourite restaurant would have to be Trocadero in Dublin. Excellent food, service and many celebs frequent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

My favourite from recent is The Tea Rooms at the Clarence Hotel on Wellington Quay.(The one owned by U2).

http://www.toptable.com/en-gb/venue/reviews/?id=692&page=5

I had a look on the internet to research a last minute booking after a friend recommended the Tea Rooms. I found most reviews to be to be absolutely positive and recomending. And guess what, here's another one to add to the list. Our Group: Party of 4 adults and 2 children age 7&8. The Bill: €187 for 4 Top Table bookings and and 2 whiskies, 2 children who accepted the suggested offer of posh fish and chips and a selection of ice creams. Top class food with Service. We'll be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭ryderster

Radisson SAS in Galway. Class location and also the lesisure facilities is very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Favourite restaurant is Chapter One - has the feeling of exclusivity without the price of some Dublin top-end eateries. Wonderful food, and on the Northside of the city, unlike most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Elephant and Castle.
    Great service, great beer selection and of course, the wings.....

That silence was me drooling over myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Park House Hotel Galway - spent a weekend there during the summer. Great value for money, the room was huge, and great location!! Highly recommend it.

http://www.parkhousehotel.ie/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Fav place is joel's on the nass road, just cant beat the good price and switf service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nedoo

Coach Lane Sligo. Great food and service

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

My favourite hotel and restuarant in dublin would be Joels in clondalkin and the attached louis fitzgerald. The food in joels is very reasonably priced and always cooked to perfection and always at good value. The staff are always nice and courtious and you are never left waiting long for a table or your food. The Louis Fitzgerald which is attached to the resturant (or the restuarant attached to the hotel to be exact!) is a lovely hotel with great service and keen prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 bren33

Has to be Chapter One for me Bob. I know it's at the higher end of the market...BUT...An indulgent:D three course lunch for thirty something euro enjoyed with my family (two children under 5) who were very much embraced as children by all the staff, fussed upon, and charged me only for child fare to boot.

Very unexpected and thrilled to see that this restaurant is open to young families!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

my favourite restaurant in dublin is andersons crepiere. absolutely gorgeous. one in the rise in gasnevin and another one in drumcondra. tasty. try the breakfast crepe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 isobelhazel

Quality wrote: »
    Great competition...
    my fav hotel in cork is the clarion hotel its friendly and comfy and my fav rest in cork issacs, fab food and great atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I think my favourite restuarant in dublin of the ones ive visited is zen on the upper rathmines road.

The menu had a large choice, not overly expenisve, the place had a nice oriental atmosphere, wasnt too busy but had a nice crowd for a tuesday night (when i visited), starters were out in what seemed like no time and the main courses were perfectly timed and arrived just after we had finsihed the starters. The food was quality, and no one at the table was left hungry after the main course.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

My favourite restaurant is The Huntsman Inn, College Road in Galway city. The service is fast and friendly and the decor is modern but homely. But best of all about this restaurant is the food (of course!).
    There are separate menus for lunch and dinner, with both incredibly good value for money. Make sure to try the Chocolate Bownie with ice cream on- if you've any room left after the delicious sirloin steak!
    Another plus at the Huntsman is the many parking spaces. See for yourseld online at: http://www.huntsmaninn.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

So, who won?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement