Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Acapulco,
    A mexican restaurant on Georges Street Dublin.

Great food at very reasonable prices.
    Nice atmosphere, great service, an all rounder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I highly recommend the Pearl Brasserie on Baggot Street/Merrion Street. Stunning service, beautiful food (especially the squad pigeon served 3 ways). The location is fantastic, the food is classic French. The oysters for starters were amazing, like eating them from the pier in Galway! Quite pricey, but I have paid almost as much for bog standard fare all over Dublin. Highly recommended for a special night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Favourite restaurant in Dublin is Tante Zoe's, a Cajun/Creole Restaurant on Crow Street, Temple bar.

mmmmm gumbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

Fave restaurant is wagamama in St. Stephens green, great atmosphere, tasty & healthy food and great service! 4*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

favourite hotel has to be Lough Eske Castle in donegal.

Arrive at night without telling the other half where you are staying and i guarantee sharp exhalation of breath as you round the driveway to see the building.

Fantastic hotel, bar, restaurant and staff, great getaway!

Restaurant of note recently for me would be Sabayon, in the Hamlet Court hotel johnstownbridge, kildare.
    Great food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Favourite restaurant is Little Caesars in Dublin, I go there every time I go to theatre. Nice food and wine, very convenient for theatre and easy to reach. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I was going to pick out somewhere fancy but decided to be different. Benny's cafe on Parnell St. Its the only proper chipper in Dublin city centre! Nice chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Hi Michael,

My favourtie restaurent is in Zuni in Kilkenny. The food is second to none and the Ormonde hotel around the cornor is perfectly located for a weekend stay.

Thanks and great website!

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭thegoodlife

Brilliant competition I'd love to surpirse my girlfriend with this prize. :D

Well the nicest place I've ate in Galway is Mc Donaghs in Quay Steet, Beautiful fish served there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 OndaScene

Hey great competition!

My favourite hotel in Dublin is the Merrion, service is second to none and staff are soooo friendly! The Best!!!

Favourite restaurant in Dublin L'Gueleton, I challenge anyone not to be impressed with the steak or pork belly. Again very prefessional friendly staff!

In Cork, the Kingsley is such a lovely hotel. I stayed there for work last year and the run/walk outside the door by the Lee was the highlight! Rooms are beautiful and great coffee at breakfast!

Favourite restaurant in Cork is Farmgate in Midleton amazing menu, produce to buy and the chocolate fondant desert made to order is sooo worth the wait...I'd travel down just for that alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭poppy123

Hiya, great competition.
    My favourite restaurant in Dublin has got to be the Unicorn. Amazing food, especially the black pudding in the most fantastic creamy sauce yummmmmmmmmmmm. Never liked black pudding until I tasted it there and now if I get to go there it would be my first choice and somthing I really look forward to. Just getting hungry even thinking about it. Its a great place to go for a long boozy lunch. The atmosphere is really good and all the staff go out of their way to make your time their really special. I love the sort of old worldy feel to the place. With my budget, its a bit pricey - so for me it is only for very special occasions. It does make them very special though!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Holly_Golightly

My favourite restaurant would have to be Saba, Clarendon Street,Dublin city centre. Tasty food, cool interior, brillant place for large groups and a fun cocktail menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jane B

One of my favourites is Cafe Bar Deli - cheap and cheerful but great food and staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

My favourite restaurant in Galway is Park House Hotel Restaurant. Service is IMPECCABLE, food is absolutely gorgeous and the Toberlone Cheesecake is to die for. The settings are really luxurious, and it's in the centre of the city. Always warm too...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 oceangirl

My favorite restaurant is TEN FOURTEEN in Clontarf, Dublin 3.

Quite small but very unique and you feel treated special!
    Lovely and professional staff! Ideal portions and delicious food!

Also voted to Top 10 on MenuPages.ie

Dubliner Magazine 100 best Restaurants 2010 , Nominated for Best New Restaurant (Restaurant Association on Ireland) 2009 and Recommended for Georgina Cambell Guide Book 2009

And I love the Shelbourne Hotel but never had dinner there :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cupple

My favourite restaraunt in Cork has to be the Liberty Grill, becuase of their fresh produce.
    My favourite hotel would be Castlemartyr ( Dromoland version) . It could be the Shelbourne if i had stayed their but not yet. Really want to see their artwork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 naulflyer

has to be local deli burger in balbriggan as i cant afford any where else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tradster

Hi my favourite restaurant is fallon & byrnes excellent fresh food and love the wine cellar as well for a quick bite and glass of wine

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dumac

Dax in Dublin, which is just around the corner from the Shelbourne, because when you walk in that door (the room! the food! the waiters! the wine list! the music!) you step into a genuine slice of France.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Hi,

My favorite restaurant is ACAPULCO on Georges street. The interior is lovely, the staff are so nice and helpful and the food and the margaritas are AMAZING! My mouth is just watering thinking about it! :) Its not hard on my wallet either nice for a treat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Farm restaurant Dawson Street, Dublin 2
    You can actually taste the food, it's all organic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Favorite place for lunch is Honest to Goodness in Georges Market Arcade. Especially their Sloppy Joe special on a Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Koolaboola

FXB's in Temple Bar. What a great steak, very pleasant service and imho, good value

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stepster

Nicest steak I ever tasted was in "Off The Square" in Clifden - unfortunately it was my wife's order so I only got one or two pieces! I still think about it from time to time - why oh why did I order fish and not the steak?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NTully

Favourite restaurant in Galway is Ard Bia at the Spanish Arch. Most delish risotto ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭angelmusicgirl

I love the Seasons Restaurant in the Four Seasons in Ballsbridge.
    The food is delicious absolutely mouth watering with amazing irish produce at reasonable rates.
    The staff are lovely and the restaurant itself is beautiful.A perfect night out with great wine galore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bungy384

absolute fave durin the day has got to be manila on middle abbey street , dublin just off o connell street. amazing filipino cooking really friendly staff and customers and all you could eat for 9euros til 5 o clock.very simple decor but warm and comfy.... they love kids coming in too and really make a fuss of them

couldnt recommend highly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 43 peaderfi

Easily my favourite Restaurant is McHughs in Raheny. It has reasonably priced, beautifully presented, food that has always of an excellent standard any time that I have visited. The Early Bird Menu (mon - sat 5 - 7 pm) takes select dishes from the main menu and provides them at reduced prices (its €20 for 2 courses or €24 for 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

My favorite is Cava, Galway's own spanish restaurant. A great choice on the menu with amazing lunch deals, relaxed unique decor, its good for lunch or dinner! There's nowhere else quite like it and its my favorite place to eat. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Cringer

Hi there,

My favourite restaurant right now is The Farm on Dawson Street. Being a vegetarian my choices to eat out can be limited, but The Farm (even though not a total vegetarian restaurant) has a wide selection of tasty, scrumptous organic food. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement