Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Mentioned this to The Mrs last night and she's really interested in coming.

Room for one more?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MrVestek wrote: »
    Mentioned this to The Mrs last night and she's really interested in coming.

Room for one more?

The more the merrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I am def coming to this one...missed to many...

If you'll let me....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Definitely agree with TFGD, need moar multiplayer going!

Now that they've patched Super Bomberman R into being way more playable, think we could probably get some mini network games going?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Definitely agree with TFGD, need moar multiplayer going!

Now that they've patched Super Bomberman R into being way more playable, think we could probably get some mini network games going?

I'll have my 8bitdo so that's an extra set of controls, plus whatever Dinorex brings.

• Advertisement

I am def coming to this one...missed to many...

If you'll let me....

Come one, come all...

The curse of Enternow seems to be cured... for now...

Soooooooooo.....

Can we scab a lift off of anyone?

Petrol money will be provided of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I will be coming up from Laois thru citywest if anyone wants a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I have that 'You Don't Know Jack' game for Switch.

It's super Americanised, but there's a bunch of game modes I wasn't able to play because I didn't have enough people.

You only really use the switch for display on the television. Everything else is done off a phone or tablet device of your own.

Sounds great!

If anyone needs directions let me know, I'll send the eircode and that'll bring you to the door!

I've invited the odd balls in the Ninty forum but no dice....
    Bunch of weirdos... I feel sorry for the mod!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Sparks is coming along??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Anyone know if Sparks is coming along??
    No idea, you've a number for him have you? I'll message him on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I've been Enternowed or is that EnteredNow ? Either way means I'm not going to make it, have to head south for the weekend :(

I've been Enternowed or is that EnteredNow ? Either way means I'm not going to make it, have to head south for the weekend :(

Nooooo!

So, who is coming?
    Just want to get an idea so I can buy in enough sausage rolls...

I may actually be heading to a different sesh this Saturday instead. Sorry Cider... next time though definitely!

Would love to host one of these myself some day though, would people be up for that?

I'll ask MsVestek to bake a few muffins for us or something. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Hi everybody hope all is well.

Myself and little ms sparks will be making an appearance on Saturday and will be great to get out after what can only be described as the worst couple of months of our lives.

We are not where we used to be and are staying up in Santry now if anyone has room for two give us a shout and can try and meet along the way :)

In other news I haven't played Boulder dash in 2 months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So, who is coming?
    Just want to get an idea so I can buy in enough sausage rolls...

I'll be there! What time do the festivities commence?

Was meant to be up tonight but had a few hiccups. I'll be there, have my outfit planned.
    Sparks43 wrote: »
    Hi everybody hope all is well.

Myself and little ms sparks will be making an appearance on Saturday and will be great to get out after what can only be described as the worst couple of months of our lives.

We are not where we used to be and are staying up in Santry now if anyone has room for two give us a shout and can try and meet along the way :)

In other news I haven't played Boulder dash in 2 months :(
    Great! Look forwarding to seeing ye both. I hope everything is okay, ye're tough out though.
    How do you function without Boulderdash! I don't understand.

I don't know.... I suppose from 19:00... 7pm to you civilians!

• Advertisement

Functioning without boulderdash is near impossible :(

Have planned a route to get out and should be there for about 7. Has anyone got room for two coming back?

Boulder Dash will be in the cart slot of the XE and ready to rock.
    I can drop you back.
    I've that Raspberry Pi in a TV for you as well, all set up, ready to use, with controller.
    It was surplus here and I'm happy to see you home with it.

I'll tell you what, I'll pick you and little Ms Sparks up.
    I'll drop you a PM.
    Anyone else need a lift from that locale?
    Around Santry?
    Room for one more if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

We're still without a car so can't offer any lifts.

Getting a lift with Eoin who has been along to the meet ups before. But his new car hasn't much room in the back.

Should be along a little after 8 as I have somewhere secret to go to beforehand. (You're in the know, right?)

Thank you all so much for a wonderful night. Little ms sparks is in bed shattered but so happy

As you know it's a tough time for the Sparks clan but tonight is one big help just to get out and relax and be who we are. A family that loves games and loves each other. And Mrs sparks getting her peace and quiet is always a good thing :)

Safe home to all and we will see you soon.

Back at chez Dino in my jimjams and ready for bed, thanks so much again Ciderman fam.

Let me know if you need help with anything Sparks just drop a PM, it's always worth a try. Great you see you and Little Sparks, glad you could make it

Thanks to everyone that came along, regardless of the ungodly hour you turned up!
    It was probably the least Arcade and Retro A&R Beers ever!
    But the Switch laughs were fantastic, from the Arms Test Punch to watching Starlord pushing through Dragons Trap, from the really rather clever quiz show with added smart phones to the multiplayer genius of Astro Duel Deluxe. And that's still not mentioning Mario Kart 8 DX!
    Oh, and there was a bit of Thumper and Polybius too.

So, thanks again for coming over and not wrecking the place!

In work since 08:30...

I'm really going to have to plan these things so I'm off the next day.

Rule of Ciderman: Ciderman will be working the following day after a Beers

It was probably the least Arcade and Retro A&R Beers ever!
    I thought the time Dino had the VR was probably the least retro retro beers, I can't remember exactly what we played, we played the Night Cry aka "definitely not Clocktower" I think.
    In work since 08:30...
    I'm really going to have to plan these things so I'm off the next day.
    Rule of Ciderman: Ciderman will be working the following day after a Beers
    Jeez, change your username to Sillyman. I assumed you'd the next day off. I'm struggling to get up as it is but that's me in general lol.

• Advertisement

I know, but it was so great to see you all, and I like to maximise the opportunity for everyone to make it.
    Over the years I've worked every other Sunday, so the notion of working the day after a late night/early morning is very familiar to me!
    My gamesroom only got a brief use by one or two, and then back to darkness until the Summers end.
    As Dino keeps Halloween his own, I might have another meet up in mine in late August, so around 12 weeks time.
    Unless another venue arises!
    Or a night out in Token!
    Who knows?!?

Advertisement