Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,931 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks for another great might even if I was very fashionably late.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thanks again Cidey, and to the wonderful Mrs. Ciderlady for putting up with us again also!

Was really tempted to grab Astro Duel and Jack box today, even though there's only two of us here, and chances are I'd be playing them alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Star Lord wrote: »
    Was really tempted to grab Astro Duel and Jack box today, even though there's only two of us here, and chances are I'd be playing them alone...
    Excuse for you to have a beers :pac: lol jkjk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thanks for another great might even if I was very fashionably late.

This is how fashionably late you were retro :)

419133.jpg

Was great to see you again but was disappointed with the lack of Cho Aniki and Cd-i goodness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Speaking of token... I have a booking for two tonight that I can't make now.

Anybody want it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thinking of hosting a Beers in the coming weeks.
    Anyone interested?
    Any dates in or out?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thinking of hosting a Beers in the coming weeks.
    Anyone interested?
    Any dates in or out?
    I'm staffing for Knavecon next week and away in the Netherlands 7 - 14th of September, I don't think I've any plans after that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doesn't seem to be enough momentum behind a Beers right now, perhaps closer to Christmas instead :(

Doesn't seem to be enough momentum behind a Beers right now, perhaps closer to Christmas instead :(
    I'll just go and clear your room :pac:
    Put a post in general? Maybe they don't follow it. Dino usually does Halloween, dunno if it'll be the same this year so there's that before the C******** beers if no one ones free in September.

I'll just go and clear your room :pac:
    Put a post in general? Maybe they don't follow it. Dino usually does Halloween, dunno if it'll be the same this year so there's that before the C******** beers if no one ones free in September.

Yeah, Halloween in Dino's is always great, even if it's only us! And Atavan via Skype!

• Advertisement

Yeah, Halloween in Dino's is always great, even if it's only us! And Atavan via Skype!
    Yeah we should try get him on a video call properly sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm a little busy in September with things like Knavecon and Culture Night.

Will check and see what dates I can do.

But for Halloween how about people keep either the 27th or 28th free?

DinoRex wrote: »

I can do that!

Myself and little miss sparks are available for a beers whenever or wherever it may be :)

Works for me, Omnicon is on the weekend before and so is the 8bit con.
    Beers is more important obviously though :pac:

I know I censored Christmas because it's too early in the last post. Just putting it out there for Chrimbo beers, the first weekend in December I'll be getting ready to see Gorillaz in London.

That 8bit con is looking a little bit too commercial for my liking.

I'm happy to host the Christmas Beers, hopefully the interest will be there for that.
    I'm not meaning that as a criticism at all of the regulars who come to them, and I know it's at least partially that the forum has become steadily quieter over the past 12 months or more.

That 8bit con is looking a little bit too commercial for my liking.
    Yeah I'm seeing a lot of ads on Facebook. I'll be heading to Omni anyway since its local, know thd crowd running it so want to give them the support.
    I'm happy to host the Christmas Beers, hopefully the interest will be there for that.
    I'm not meaning that as a criticism at all of the regulars who come to them, and I know it's at least partially that the forum has become steadily quieter over the past 12 months or more.
    I'm hoping so too since there's usually always a Halloween and Christmas one I'd hope it would be in mind.
    It does happen unfortunately. One of my friends moved to Dublin lately I should see if they'd be interested in coming along.

CiDoNaDuDe wrote: »
    the forum has become steadily quieter over the past 12 months or more.

The last Boulder dash was released 12 months ago

Coincidence or something more sinister?

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    The last Boulder dash was released 12 months ago

Coincidence or something more
    sinister?
    Beware Boulderdash lives.

(Okay it's lame, whatever :pac:)

This is where the cool kids are at

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Funnily enough I was going to post to say that I should be on the forum a bit more now that the college stuff is sorted! And provisionally I'll be at Xmas beers ;) (provided the curse doesnt kick in) and might persuade one of my lurker mates to go as well (he posts here the odd time).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Due to becoming very busy with work, I've unfortunately become more of a reader/durtay lurker, and I'm unsure as to my availability. :(
    Always interested in going to the beers, but never quite sure till dates are certain and closer to the time!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Due to becoming very busy with work, I've unfortunately become more of a reader/durtay lurker, and I'm unsure as to my availability. :(
    Always interested in going to the beers, but never quite sure till dates are certain and closer to the time!
    It was great to see you last time, still laughing about that quiz game.

It was great to see you last time, still laughing about that quiz game.

I've since gotten the other two boxes.

Okay. So how is the 27th of October for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Okay. So how is the 27th of October for everyone?

Works for me. Where abouts?

Sounds good!
    Spooky Beers Ahoy!

Any ideas on what will be played on the big day?

Bug Island?
    Blue Stinger??
    More Batman on the GC, the horror, The Horror!

• Advertisement

Yeah should be grand for me. Will hopefully bring a bit of good news with me too. Anyone seen Sparks on lately to let him know?
    Sounds good!
    Spooky Beers Ahoy!
    Any ideas on what will be played on the big day?
    Bug Island?
    The Ring on Dreamcast! Jkjk
    Wouldn't mind playing Juon or Calling on Wii maybe.
    Was just talking about Bug Island 2 weeks ago.

Advertisement