Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I did so well the first time I played Burn Cycle and then after that we could never get past the first section again.

I think in one of the very first meet ups we got super far into Toki but that game gets super tough.

Did we ever beat the final boss of Dino Rex in the end?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sure we all saw that weird ending, didn't we? At your previous apartment... the one beside the chinese....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Did we ever beat the final boss of Dino Rex in the end?
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm sure we all saw that weird ending, didn't we? At your previous apartment... the one beside the chinese....
    We did he was like gold? We saw the credits, I'm sure I have it on video, was so excited over it. I'll look for it :)

Hardcore Gaming 101 did a piece on it recently:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/dinorex/dinorex.htm

Did you know it actually predates Primal Rage and Jurassic Park?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hardcore Gaming 101 did a piece on it recently,
    Did you know it actually predates Primal Rage and Jurassic Park?

Dinorex's dinner party icebreaker... which explains why he's like this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Plot twist: The Tyrannosaurus from Dino Rex is Barney's father...
    The modern bits are when he's raging around the city, angry at what his progeny has become...
    dinorex-5.png

Never forget

I actually found another few videos from Atavan's beers in 2012 playing CDi Zelda :pac:

We forget how long we've been all hanging around this joint....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,593 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think in one of the very first meet ups we got super far into Toki but that game gets super tough.

Wasnt that the night we were solicited by a hooker walking home with a giant X Arcade stick under your arm? :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wasnt that the night we were solicited by a hooker walking home with a giant X Arcade stick under your arm? :pac:
    Sadly, my locality doesn't offer such.... colour....

• Advertisement

We forget how long we've been all hanging around this joint....
    Must be 7 years now I'm sure.
    We should do a book :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Bracken3000

I'm sure its a laugh, I'm probably not retro enough for it. Wouldn't fancy having to lung my Amiga 500 around!

You see, everyone has a first A&R Beers, this can be yours!
    You don't have to bring anything, as most of the systems are already here!

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    You see, everyone has a first A&R Beers, this can be yours! You don't have to bring anything, as most of the systems are already here!

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    You see, everyone has a first A&R Beers, this can be yours! You don't have to bring anything, as most of the systems are already here!

Its like the stone cutters I bet, attach the rock of gaming.

I'm probably not retro enough for it.
    Its like the stone cutters I bet, attach the rock of gaming.
    Few Simpsons fans around too.
    You'll be grand, I find it hard to go back to NES style stuff tbh, I only really saw those games as a adult. It's not strictly retro games only, whatever's fun or multiplayer ... or stressful in some cases lol.

Few Simpsons fans around too. You'll be grand, I find it hard to go back to NES style stuff tbh, I only really saw those games as a adult. It's not strictly retro games only, whatever's fun or multiplayer ... or stressful in some cases lol.

No Dark Souls then! I wouldn't have to play Zelda CDI I hope. Have yet to play a Zelda game and I reckon that would put me of them. Oh, and I hope rise of the robots ain't there either. Wouldn't mind trying Night Trap for a laugh

I'd say most of us are immune to CDi now, it's not fun anymore, not that it was of course lol.
    No RotR if we're lucky. Nighttrap would be good fun :).
    And we have the mystery game Dino ordered, I hope it's the RPG where everyone is a car!

o1s1n wrote: »

Yeah. But I was carrying it in a big black bin-liner at the time so it looked a bit like a torso.

And we have the mystery game Dino ordered, I hope it's the RPG where everyone is a car!

Picked it up from Parcel Motel only yesterday. Of course I also have the caRPG.

So, the 3rd of June fast approacheth....
    Have you got your big boy/girl pants on? (delete where applicable)

Everyone is welcome...

First-timers, just expect the worst, it's bound then to be a pleasant surprise!

I'll send the offer out to the folk on the Ninty forum, but they tend to be an odd sort.
    The presence of non-Nintendo hardware may upset them, it would explain their non-attendance over the years, despite the invite.

• Advertisement

Have you got your big girl pants on?
    Always lol. I'll just be finished dog sitting, lovely lab pup

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have you got your big boy/girl pants on? (delete where applicable)

Everyone is welcome...

First-timers, just expect the worst, it's bound then to be a pleasant surprise!

I'll send the offer out to the folk on the Ninty forum, but they tend to be an odd sort.
    The presence of non-Nintendo hardware may upset them, it would explain their non-attendance over the years, despite the invite.

:eek: :(

The place is nearly tidy....
    Spiders were ready this time, they packed up and were ready to go when I got in there with the vacuum.
    Rearranged a few bits around the new display.
    Have up trying to get Composite on it, sticking to RGB instead.
    The PVM manages the Famicom fine, so it's now a dedicated Ninty display.
    The gamesroom now looks more like a CRT room, with added games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If I'm coming (which I imagine I should be) is everybody ok with me recording some video footage?

Might be nice to capture some nice moments and hold them for prosperity on YouTube.

Perhaps I could even interview one or two of you about your love of Retro Gaming?

Anyone want anything specific at this evening?

I also want to discuss an upcoming event, a convention I've been asked to take part in organising.... the fools!

Anyone want anything specific at this evening?

I also want to discuss an upcoming event, a convention I've been asked to take part in organising.... the fools!
    Games wise specific? Anything multi player or really really awful, Dino has his mystery game!

That should be a fun :) can't wait to hear about it.

I am also organising an unrelated convention.

I am also organising an unrelated convention.
    Two conventions? We're not going to be asked to join the Movementarians that night are we?

We're not going to be asked to join the Movementarians that night are we?

Have you considered becoming a snake handler?

QA8ck.jpg

• Advertisement

Have you considered becoming a snake handler?

QA8ck.jpg
    I think I'll go with Happy Happyism
    2-4757.png

Advertisement