Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was brilliant!
    I was playing Rez Infinite on it and was very impressed.
    Now I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I played a shark game on PSVR and the newest Resi demo, I like it but not enough to buy it. I felt a bit unwell after it too. I nearly hit Doom with the controller at one stage lol.
    Ciderman it was so funny watching you play Rez

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I played a shark game on PSVR and the newest Resi demo, I like it but not enough to buy it. I felt a bit unwell after it too. I nearly hit Doom with the controller at one stage lol.
    Ciderman it was so funny watching you play Rez

Yes, i could hear the giggles!!

But I want one!!!

Aside from my glasses filling with perspiration it was a blast.

Also, you can hook any source up to them, playing them in theatrical mode, so once it has a HDMI out, like a PS3 or 360, you can play them on a massive virtual screen.

I got back around 7, thanks for everything Dino and Jean.
    NightCry was definitely my favourite game, I'm mad to see what happens in it. Hopefully can get it on the Vita.
    Good to see everyone and Atavan said thanks for everyone saying hi in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Thanks to all we had an amazing time myself and little ms sparks.

Vr was amazing but I still have a doubt or two about the health and headache aspect

Thank you so much for the Arrow Ms Dizzy it's placed above my PC and when things get tough I will look at it and remind myself that I am a very lucky man to have this chance in life.

• Advertisement

Gonna come up with a Christmas Beers date in the coming week or two.
    Any dates that are out of the question, let me know and hopefully we'll accommodate everyone.
    No VR in my house :( Well, maybe, does the Virtual Boy count?

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the Arrow Ms Dizzy it's placed above my PC and when things get tough I will look at it and remind myself that I am a very lucky man to have this chance in life.
    No problem at all, glad you liked it, just a reminder of what you're aiming for lol jkjk and it's Zeldaish. If I find more maybe I'll do the other 2.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Gonna come up with a Christmas Beers date in the coming week or two.
    Any dates that are out of the question, let me know and hopefully we'll accommodate everyone.
    No VR in my house :( Well, maybe, does the Virtual Boy count?
    Any date should fine for me, they're having a dinner thing in work but it's very hard to get out to where it's on so I'll pass on it.
    VB makes you as sick as VR so maybe xD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Thanks for coming everyone.

Don't let the headaches on VR put you off too much. I was really bad when I first got it and didn't go back to it for 3 days but since then I've been pretty much fine with it.

Wish I'd stuck on NightCry earlier, but it's title was generic I completely forgot about it.

Such a maddeningly old school game but oddly compelling.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Wish I'd stuck on NightCry earlier, but it's title was generic I completely forgot about it.

Such a maddeningly old school game but oddly compelling.
    It was great, the Vita version isn't ready yet so I'll have to wait to play it. Hopefully it won't be too long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Was doing more research on it and apparently a 4th character was a Kickstarter Stretch goal that they didn't hit.

Make sense, really seems like you should be controlling Jerome at some point as there's a lot of big plot holes around how he ends up in a coffin on the Island and then back on the boat like nothing had happened.

• Advertisement

Okay...
    So, suitable dates for the Arcade & Retro Xmas Beers, in my place.
    How about either Friday the 2nd or Saturday the 10th of December?

I'm sure someone can plan for the Secret Santa, given that Atavan is selfishly having fun an ocean away!

Okay...
    So, suitable dates for the Arcade & Retro Xmas Beers, in my place.
    How about either Friday the 2nd or Saturday the 10th of December?

I'm sure someone can plan for the Secret Santa, given that Atavan is selfishly having fun an ocean away!
    Either is fine with me.
    I might take over the Secret Santa, I'll wait and see if anyone else is interested.
    Edit: I think I will do the SS, it'll get my mind off stuff to organize something nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

2nd would suit me, I think... the other weekends, not so much!

Okay then, moving forward with purpose towards the bright new day of the 2nd of December!
    How does that suit everyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,624 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've no plans for the 2nd, should be able to pop out :)

Started the Secret Santa thread on A&R
    Link

Master of the Universe

I'm dragging the missus along to this, which means a car...which means the possibility I can actually, for the first time in my life, offer people a lift :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm dragging the missus along to this, which means a car...which means the possibility I can actually, for the first time in my life, offer people a lift :D

Lift plox? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I am def coming to this, missed the last lot....

Might bring the Samsung nuon.....

Master of the Universe

MrVestek wrote: »
    Lift plox? :P

Sure thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thinking I'll go along to this also (annoyed I missed Dino's VR special). Will be working from the office that day so can just drive on up afterwards. Will have a few spaces for any regulars that need a lift - as long as you're not too far from the M50 I can make a detour (and I recognise your boardsie name :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sure thing :)

You still in the last place? PM me dude, or ping me on the book of many faces.

Master of the Universe

MrVestek wrote: »
    You still in the last place? PM me dude, or ping me on the book of many faces.

I am indeed!

This is on a Friday yeah? Sure I could meet you in town somewhere after work and stroll up to my place.

Will work something out.

I am def coming to this, missed the last lot....

Might bring the Samsung nuon.....

:(

It's just under two weeks now until the big night so I hope everyone has their holiday pants at the ready!
    That is to say holiday as in Christmas, not fortnight in Ibiza!

It's just under two weeks now until the big night so I hope everyone has their holiday pants at the ready!
    That is to say holiday as in Christmas, not fortnight in Ibiza!
    Looking forward to it, it's always a lovely feeling the Christmas one even though I'm a Scourge through and through :P

Is that what Scrooge is called in Limerick? ;)

Is that what Scrooge is called in Limerick? ;)
    Lol thanks, I tried like 6 times and it all sounded the same when I read it back! I just can't brain, I'm using that part to finish my assignments, if it's not to do with reception I don't know anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Doge

Lol thanks, I tried like 6 times and it all sounded the same when I read it back! I just can't brain, I'm using that part to finish my assignments, if it's not to do with reception I don't know anymore.

a37f637cdafa6bcd52118d4d3dd52405.jpg

• Advertisement

Advertisement