Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,697 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just be warned, if you bring Radiant Silvergun you may leave with Retr0 attached to it ;) I've heart he is magnetically attracted to that game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hehe why is it any good? Never played it myself...just kidding! Actually I've probably played it twice (waits for forum ban from retro) so I'd actually like to see someone decent at the game play it.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Actually I've probably played it twice .

I think I just heard Retr0's brain explode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So you paid a fortune for Radiant Silvergun and never really played it???

Does not compute.

TBH it's a tough game to learn but once you get it it's excellent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm arsing about silph co. at the moment. I'm starting to kick ass again thanks to concentrating on a small set of pokemon.

May I suggest the pokemon drinking game?

This combines two of the greatest things known to mankind, pokemon and alcohol. This game will work with the episodes, which are all available online. Alternatively, you could fire up one of the movies, depending on your drinking capacity.

THE RULES

1. Everytime the word pokemon is said, drink.
    2. Everytime pikachu says his name, drink.
    3. If brock gets a boner over any female (officer jenny for example, drink.
    4. If team rocket decides to show up, drink.
    5. If someone is not singing along to team rockets theme song, a slap and a drink are in order for the guilty party.
    6. If a pokeball is thrown, you must drink.
    7. If a legendary pokemon is mentioned, drink for the sheer honour.
    8. If ash turns his hat, lookout, 2 drinks for you brave soldier.
    9. If psyduck makes an appearance, drink for his sheer incompetence.
    10. If psyduck falls on his arse, down it
    11. The first person to shout Gary is a bellend, as he appears can nominate one unlucky trooper to drink.
    12. Drink everytime togepi says his name (he never shuts up)

Please share any rules that you may have to add to this beautiful game.

Oh and please.......drink responsibly.

Gotta catch em all.
    If you lot are playing pokemon ...I'm drinking!
    Right

Not sure if I'm going to make it as I'm out and about a lot that week,and I'll probably be on baby minding duty that night , might drive over for an hour or two in the afternoon/early evening though(obv not drinking though if I am).

• Advertisement

So you paid a fortune for Radiant Silvergun and never really played it???

Does not compute.

TBH it's a tough game to learn but once you get it it's excellent.

Ah it wasn't that much, actually I think I got it with the Saturn Nights pack off ebay, was years ago so can't really remember. But yeah I must give it the love it deserves. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Would love to make it along to one of these some day (maybe next week, maybe not). Don't have much to bring, except a Neo Geo Pocket.

I only currently have Bubble Bobble on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I don't think I have anything I could bring, I think bringing myself is enough though :L
    blah blah blah
    I like your Rilakkuma avatar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sera wrote: »
    I like your Rilakkuma avatar

I wear my Rilakkuma avatar with pride, especially after myself and my friends (all in our twenties) were laughed at by security guards, flight attendants and a particularly loud Scandinavian lady while transporting a large plush / Hawaiian shirted Rilakkuma from Tokyo to Dublin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I wear my Rilakkuma avatar with pride, especially after myself and my friends (all in our twenties) were laughed at by security guards, flight attendants and a particularly loud Scandinavian lady while transporting a large plush / Hawaiian shirted Rilakkuma from Tokyo to Dublin :pac:
    T^T I'm very jealous, I collect plushies, I make em, I love em.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Might be a good idea for me to get some kind of numbers as to whose coming so I can prepare stuff. I might be working Saturday which means I'll be off at 6 but there's a good chance I'm off which means I'll be here all day and you can call over whenever (which means from about 2 when I'm actually out of bed)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well I can go, if you'll have me :pac:

*Also, 5,000th post Party_Hat.jpg

Master of the Universe

Well I can go, if you'll have me :pac:

*Also, 5,000th post Party_Hat.jpg

Me too. And my Neo Geo. I consider her very much to be alive.

5000? You're fairly racking them up. I'm almost at the big 10,000. Better think of something memorable to say, quick!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Me too. And my Neo Geo. I consider her very much to be alive.

5000? You're fairly racking them up. I'm almost at the big 10,000. Better think of something memorable to say, quick!

Me? Spam? Never! Why would you accuse me of such a thing!

***INSTANT GREEN CARD TO WORK IN AMERICA***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'd be up for it also. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Can't see any reason why I won't be there.

It's up Leason street way is it? We should pick a pub around that way to meet in beforehand.

Count me in too if that's ok. If there parking anywhere close by?

Master of the Universe

Meeting up somewhere before hand is a good idea alright. I'm sure some of the country folk coming along might have a problem finding the place. ;)

Plenty of parking outside the house. I'm going to be working until 6 that evening, will be home around 6.30, sorry the best I can do. Might be a good idea if you do go to the pub.

Ok, So I've been thinking during the past few days about having a few competitions on Saturday for a laugh. I was thinking Mario Kart and Bomberman for the Super Nintendo would be fun. Maybe also Pilotwings?

Then maybe Super Street Fighter II on the Mega Drive and Virtua Racing (see who gets the best times).

Any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Augmerson wrote: »
    I was thinking Mario Kart and Bomberman for the Super Nintendo would be fun.
    What's the bets o1s1n is actually a Mario Kart hustler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ok, So I've been thinking during the past few days about having a few competitions on Saturday for a laugh. I was thinking Mario Kart and Bomberman for the Super Nintendo would be fun. Maybe also Pilotwings?

Then maybe Super Street Fighter II on the Mega Drive and Virtua Racing (see who gets the best times).

Any other ideas?
    Mario kart tournament could be pretty good. Maybe I'm going against the grain but I think it'd be better if at least half were games which involved more than just a little luck rather than purely skill games. Unless you want to stick on Forza 2 with no assists. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I can bring along my X-Arcade sticks.

Do you have a decent MAME collection?

I can bring along my X-Arcade sticks.

Do you have a decent MAME collection?

I don't have any MAME collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any other ideas?

Ghouls n'Ghosts because it's the only game I could probably kick everyones ass at.

Also I won't touch the megadrive version of SSF2. What's the point when there's so many ways of playing an arcade perfect version of the better SSF2 Turbo?

Master of the Universe

Well if you want a bit of arcade perfection I'll be bringing along the Neo Geo ;)

Here's a list of games I have to hand at the moment, let me know what you want me to bring -

Temco World Soccer 96
    Street Hoop
    Art of Fighting 3
    World Heroes Jet
    World Heroes Perfect
    Sengoku 3
    Viewpoint
    Big Tournament Golf
    Samurai Showdown IV
    Samurai Showdown III
    Garou: Mark of the Wolves
    Aero Fighters 2
    King of Monsters
    Sengoku
    Alpha Mission 2
    NAM 1975
    King of Fighters 98
    Wakku Wakku 7
    Metal Slug 1, 2, X, 3, 4
    Shock Troopers
    The Last Blade
    Blazing Star
    Magical Drop II
    Puzzle De Pon ( much the same as puzzle bobble)

Master of the Universe

Oh, Augmerson, have you got multiple Megadrive pads and Micro Machines? If not I can bring them along too. Always good fun.

Been praticing some radiant silvergun to show you's how it's really played :P I still can't make it past the horrible multi boss in stage 3 :(

I think Garou, Metal Slug, last blade and Waku Waku 7 would be good oisin.

Somebody must have a way of playing a decent version of Street Fighter because I refuse to play a port. Don't make me bring my 360!

Master of the Universe

Been praticing some radiant silvergun to show you's how it's really played :P I still can't make it past the horrible multi boss in stage 3 :(

Would you be up for some MUSHA? I'll also bring along Probotector..you know, to see you finish it in person :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm not even going to pretend I'm good at musha. As for probotector I'll practice it a bit today but last time I played it Stage 3's boss was giving me a hard time. I could finish it with the secret ending though since it's just before that boss :)

Advertisement