Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm going, I'll bring Micro Machines for MD and a couple of controllers. Would bring more but I'm up at 6am for an exam and I'm not walking/hanging around Dublin all day with a console in my bag. :pac:
    Also I haven't much else to bring. ^_^

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A google maps of it might help. Haven't much experience driving in the city centre!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Fitzwilliam+Place,+Dublin+2&sll=53.33309,-6.247916&sspn=0.006074,0.01929&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=2+Fitzwilliam+Pl,+Dublin+2,+County+Dublin+City,+Ireland&ll=53.333189,-6.252261&spn=0.001518,0.004823&t=h&z=18

It's 29 Fitzwilliam Place, just before on the Royal Canal Bridge on Lower Leeson Street. We're on the lefthand side of the road and we're the 2nd building from the start of the street as you come off Leeson street.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah balls, found out that I have to go to Carlow Saturday evening so I can't make it now D:

o1s1n or retr0 will have to be the honorary female now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sorry Atavan, you seem to be mistaken. You're going and that's final.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sorry Atavan, you seem to be mistaken. You're going and that's final.

But...but...o1s111111111111111111111111n!

Ah Atavan, come on!

I picked up some supplies - beer agus tortilla and I've been moving the tv up and switching around the couch so we're all set. Anything else we're missing or have forgotten to mention? You all know where the place is right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got some money. Might just haul in the saturn on my back and get some tinnies.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got some money. Might just haul in the saturn on my back and get some tinnies.

Bring the costume you had on aswell....

I'll be there, I'll be very tired, but I'll be there!

• Advertisement

What time should I expect you at gents?

I'll be there as soon as you're ready. :pac: Think you said 6 or half 6 yeah?
    I'm off to bed now anyway, up at 6 tomorrow for my last exam. Can't remember the title but it's a geography subject, cue two hours of pretending to be a hippy. :pac:

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ah Atavan, come on!

I know :( I was looking forward to going but alas it cannot be D:

amacachi wrote: »
    I'll be there as soon as you're ready. :pac: Think you said 6 or half 6 yeah?
    I'm off to bed now anyway, up at 6 tomorrow for my last exam. Can't remember the title but it's a geography subject, cue two hours of pretending to be a hippy. :pac:

6:30 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm booked every Saturday until June just incase there's another meet being planned for this month.

Sera wrote: »
    I'm booked every Saturday until June just incase there's another meet being planned for this month.

I'm not going to question that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm not going to question that :P
    It's all family occasions and my pimp said I have to be at the docks more often, that heffer said "quick suckin' on that crack pipe and suck on somethin' else!"

Can't figure out to get the image back on the telly D:

I had to unplug the AV switch box and now I regret it. I was thinking of having a quick game of Earthworm Jim before bed, set it all up but all I can get is sound. Whoever shows up first tomorrow will have the joy of helping me fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

you try other av channel*some tvs have two or more so press av button again*,cable position on board,or check cables for anything loose and connection in back of tv..

I just burnt the arcade perfect port of super street fighter 2 turbo for the saturn so there's no fannying about with ****ty snes and megadrive ports. Pity I won't be bringing me 360 for some third strike and MvsC2 unless someone is bringing them on the dreamcast.

Also I'll be bringing some cho aniki :P

• Advertisement

Just played some VF2 on the saturn, My god does it look amazing, It's running in the saturns high res mode (pnly game to do so I think) at 60fps and looks incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

wasnt there a bridge missing in background one of the scenes?...

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Also I'll be bringing some cho aniki :P

Deadly! I'll bring the baby oil :pac:

Oh CCCP, I hope your tv supports 60hz?!

Well if it doesn't I've got RGB. And if it doesn't support RGB then CCCP has a TV from the jurassic era.

Master of the Universe

If that's the case we'll be dropping over to my house in that car of yours to pick up the CRT!

I might leave the car and haul the saturn down so I can get drinks in :P

Cho aniki?! Baby oil?! 60 of the finest hz?! Drinks?! Saturn?!

I'm extra sad now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Anyone want to meet in the pub beforehand?

Darby O'Gills is right near by, isn't it?

I was going to ask if anyone fancied knacker drinking beforehand, you and your fancy licenced premises-priced alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

amacachi wrote: »
    I was going to ask if anyone fancied knacker drinking beforehand, you and your fancy licenced premises-priced alcohol.

Ha. Well Iveagh Gardens is just around the corner.

Advertisement