Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

amacachi wrote: »
    Would I be welcome? Since I've never actually met any of ye like. :pac:

As long as you don't like Halo you're more than welcome :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

You could even just lie about not liking Halo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hate it. ^_^

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,947 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll fit right it. Unless you like MGS4.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'll fit right it. Unless you like MGS4.

Never played it and I hate the unknown. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

I like MGS4.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

the funeral is on next week and I'm not going, so I can't promise I'll go to the meet but I'll try my best to ^w^

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,947 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It hope it's for the unintentional comedy :P

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It hope it's for the unintentional comedy.

it's hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

So just an update on the get together - cleared it with my sister who lives with me, it's good to go, Saturday 8th of May is the date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Augmerson wrote: »
    So just an update on the get together - cleared it with my sister who lives with me, it's good to go, Saturday 8th of May is the date.

Awesome :)

Should we bring anything (games, consoles, extra controllers etc..)?

If I drive I could bring the saturn and radiant silvergun and maybe a few other things.

Do we have to bring other stuff? like because you're being a host? like drink or something?
    As you can tell I don't get out often

Master of the Universe

If I drive I could bring the saturn and radiant silvergun and maybe a few other things.

Yes, yes please! Do you have a Saturn arcade stick?
    Sera wrote: »
    Do we have to bring other stuff? like because you're being a host? like drink or something?
    As you can tell I don't get out often

Videogames, bring lots and lots of videogames.

/Edit - anyone have a projector?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'll supply snacks and stuff, probably get a slab of beer if I can get it from the Offy but if there is something you prefer then bring your own. If you want to bring your own consoles and games that's cool too, but just keep an eye on your own stuff, I don't want to be held responsible for people losing belongings or belongings getting damaged, I think that's reasonable.

I have the following machines in the house -

Mega Drive/Sega CD
    Super Nintendo/NES [These are NTSC machines]
    Nintendo 64
    Dreamcast
    Playstation 1/2
    Xbox

So if it's something other than those you could bring a machine, otherwise I don't think it's nescesary. I have atleast 2 controllers for each of those machines too.

I've no arcade sticks but you don't really need them when the japanese saturn pads are so good. I could bring the 360 for some fighting game action. Only have the one arcade stick and a fightpad which I don't rate at all (in fact the SF4 fightpads aren't worth the steam off your piss) but have SF4, SF3 3rd strike, SSF2HD Remix, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Samurai Showdown 2 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves. I've no money to buy Super SF4 though :'(

If I'm driving I won't be drinking :'(

Nobody have 10 saturn controllers and two multitaps for saturn bomberman? We at least have to have something there capable of 4 player bomberman... I prefer 5 player though.

I can bring a PS1 multitap?

Master of the Universe

Games and consoles should be okay, don't think anyone here is too mental.

As long as my Neo Geo doesn't have beer spilled on it everyone should come out alive :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Games and consoles should be okay, don't think anyone here is too mental.

As long as my Neo Geo doesn't have beer spilled on it everyone should come out alive :)

Should... are you planning something? Something nefarious that will involve missing retrogamers, consoles and games?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I have three Saturn pads we can use..no multitaps unfortunately :(

I'll make sure to bring some SNK fighters. I'm not very good at them but they're fun nonetheless!

Master of the Universe

I can bring a PS1 multitap?

Finally! A reason for me to own 20 or something ps1 pads :pac:
    Should... are you planning something? Something nefarious that will involve missing retrogamers, consoles and games?

Yes, I'm a bad loser. I tend to murder people with controller cables. That's why I hate wireless stuff. :(

Is there anything out of the ordinary we could do? Linking consoles together etc? How many TVs do you have?!

Gamecube LAN party!!

Don't say that! Some one will suggest system link Halo, then I'm officially not interested :P

For a GC lan party we will need broadband adapters that are a bitch to find.

I'm off home, got **** all done today and my pokemon need me.

I'd love to head, have my last exam that day. :) Can't think of anything I have worth bringing though tbh.

For a GC lan party we will need broadband adapters that are a bitch to find.

I'm off home, got **** all done today and my pokemon need me.

Oh I know, but it would be something different :)

Ah now there's a caring trainer! My pokémon have gotten fat and lazy due to beating elite 4 and not having much else to do except beat the Kanto gyms. Ima have to whip them into shape for the VGC's.

I'm arsing about silph co. at the moment. I'm starting to kick ass again thanks to concentrating on a small set of pokemon.

May I suggest the pokemon drinking game?

This combines two of the greatest things known to mankind, pokemon and alcohol. This game will work with the episodes, which are all available online. Alternatively, you could fire up one of the movies, depending on your drinking capacity.

THE RULES

1. Everytime the word pokemon is said, drink.
    2. Everytime pikachu says his name, drink.
    3. If brock gets a boner over any female (officer jenny for example, drink.
    4. If team rocket decides to show up, drink.
    5. If someone is not singing along to team rockets theme song, a slap and a drink are in order for the guilty party.
    6. If a pokeball is thrown, you must drink.
    7. If a legendary pokemon is mentioned, drink for the sheer honour.
    8. If ash turns his hat, lookout, 2 drinks for you brave soldier.
    9. If psyduck makes an appearance, drink for his sheer incompetence.
    10. If psyduck falls on his arse, down it
    11. The first person to shout Gary is a bellend, as he appears can nominate one unlucky trooper to drink.
    12. Drink everytime togepi says his name (he never shuts up)

Please share any rules that you may have to add to this beautiful game.

Oh and please.......drink responsibly.

Gotta catch em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I have a GameCube Broadband adapter anyway.

We just need one more for crazy double dash action!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'd love to go to this. Would there be room for a non-drinking long time lurker? :)
    I could bring along my PC Engine with some games seeing as it wasn't mentioned earlier, maybe the Amiga too if you wanted. Or let me know if additional controllers are needed (no GC bb adapter unfortunately).

@Retro: I'd defo be driving so could bring along the Saturn and Radiant and some other saturn games, save you the hassle and then you could drink away?!

Apologies in advance if I shouldn't be posting images in this thread (mods delete if you like), some of the things I can bring along. Some day I'll find the time to post up proper pics in the collection thread.

24537083.jpg
    sotn.jpg
    sfmag1.jpg
    sfmag2.jpg

Advertisement