Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm no MUSHA god myself either, so don't be expecting it ;)

Can get through the first four or so levels without being hit once, and then it all falls to ****e!

I also find I get considerably worse at most games when they're on 2player as well. With the one exception being Metal Slug.

ALthough I am sure I'll be eating those words on Saturday :(

'AHH!! I'm good at this, I swear!!!!'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm the same, two player shmups and run and gunners I get a lot worse at as well with the exception of gunstar heroes. I love using player 2 as a weapon and throwing him into bosses :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh, Augmerson, have you got multiple Megadrive pads and Micro Machines? If not I can bring them along too. Always good fun.

I do not :/ I do have a couple of Mega Drive pads, but I never got MM. Bring them along if you like.

Also, if you have any Super Nintendo pads, as I have only 1 PAL pad and it needs to be cleaned or something and the FC Twin pads leads are way too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Augmerson wrote: »
    I do not :/ I do have a couple of Mega Drive pads, but I never got MM. Bring them along if you like.

Also, if you have any Super Nintendo pads, as I have only 1 PAL pad and it needs to be cleaned or something and the FC Twin pads leads are way too short.

I've pads and Micro Machines. This is addressed to o1s1n as well since it's the only useful thing I have and would like to show up with something worthwhile. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Will definitely have a root around for Four Swords at some stage this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I couldnt be bothered going back through all the pages but has a venue been agreed?

Yep, Augmersons gaff :pac:

I can bring along gameboys. Lots and lots of gameboys :D And I have 4 N64 controllers too, along with worms on the N64 which is alot of fun :)

Yeah, just for anybody who has tuned in late, the next retro night is at my house, which is on Fitzwilliam Place, just off Leeson Street in Dublin 2. It's just on the left before you cross the Grand Canal going south.

There is plenty of parking outside the house and any car's parked should be safe as there is a Gardai station at Harcourt Terrace not far away.

Everybody is welcome, we'll be playing games and having drinks, bring along a game or console if you wish but it's your responsibility to look after the things you bring. Festivities will begin from 6.30 on Saturday the 8th of May, I'll put up further details on Thursday etc.

Just trying to figure out transport etc., roughly what time would ye be expecting to finish up/will Augmerson be hoping to get rid of everyone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh. I just rememembered. I think I have a bunch of Mugen stuff on a portable hard drive somewhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

amacachi wrote: »
    Just trying to figure out transport etc., roughly what time would ye be expecting to finish up/will Augmerson be hoping to get rid of everyone. :pac:

I'll be driving back to Arklow so if anyone lives near the N11 route they're more than welcome to a lift. :)

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'll be driving back to Arklow so if anyone lives near the N11 route they're more than welcome to a lift. :)

I'll be heading about 55 miles up the N1 route, you're bloody useless to me! :pac:

amacachi wrote: »

About 2 I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I can't go yet again. :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sera, you make baby jesus cry.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sera, you make baby jesus cry.
    That's a pity, he's my favourite fictional character :<

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera you tease!

Sera you tease!
    I wish I was a tease, I could make the money to go then :3
    I didn't think anyone would've noticed anyway

A female going un-noticed at a retro gaming night? I do not think so.

A female going un-noticed at a retro gaming night? I do not think so.
    Just can wear a kilt and fill in for me okay? ^^

Sera wrote: »
    Just can wear a kilt and fill in for me okay? ^^

No...well maybe....but no >.<

• Advertisement

No...well maybe....but no >.<
    you'll be all tucked in and no where to go

I hate to tell you guys this but Sera is actually a bot set up by boards.ie to keep us all thinking that retro games are cool because a girl likes them. She keeps us sane.

Anyway if you guys really want I'll wear my japanese schoolgirl uniform and you can all call me Sera.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I hate to tell you guys this but Sera is actually a bot set up by boards.ie to keep us all thinking that retro games are cool because a girl likes them. She keeps us sane.

Anyway if you guys really want I'll wear my japanese schoolgirl uniform and you can all call me Sera.
    You're so sweet (actually made my day), don't forget to wear pigtails! I like mine just behind my ears.
    EM_Onion_Tou006.gif

Sera wrote: »
    I can't go yet again. :/

Did your parents tell you you couldn't go to a party on saturday night with 6 men? Pffft I don't see the harm in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I cant go, pity caus im in Dublin this weekend and all but have to head down on Saturday afternoon for work :(

Augmerson wrote: »
    Did your parents tell you you couldn't go to a party on saturday night with 6 men? Pffft I don't see the harm in fairness.
    Actually I think they'd be delighted if I went out

Can I suggest meeting in the Central Hotel again beforehand? 'Tis easy to find and all :)

I'll probably drive to this since I spent all my money on drink in Galway at the weekend. Do we have an inventory of stuff to bring? I could bring a 360 and controllers for fighting games, a chipped saturn with some games, and a wii loaded with emulators but I'd rather bring less than more!

I'm not sure who's bringing what, talk was mentioned of a Neo Geo? I'm not too sure whose coming somebody dropped out? Do you all know where the place is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll bring the Neo Geo with as many games as I can without falling over.

Sera dropped out, but as far as I know everyone else is still going. Haven't a clue what the numbers are though?

Advertisement