Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You're just lucky I couldn't play because of my broken leg. I would have torn that machine right up*

Nice seeing you too. We're really going to have to organize a night in someones house..I need to play some games with you lot! :pac:

*may not in fact be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    You're just lucky I couldn't play because of my broken leg. I would have torn that machine right up*

Nice seeing you too. We're really going to have to organize a night in someones house..I need to play some games with you lot! :pac:

*may not in fact be true

Haha, just you wait until I get my DDR machine...someday :P

Yeah for sure, I don't think my house will be free anytime soon though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,947 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I suck at DDR :(

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

I'm just reaching my bed now...

Can't believe you played DDR without me... I'd have been the worst at it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Argh I didn't make it, sorry. I ended up going down to Portlaoise :/ How did it go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Yeah did ye have a snare? I'm tummy is killing me from last night I actually almost passed out laughing.
    I swear next time, I'm going, **** everyone else

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,947 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry Sera, what goes on tour stays on tour. You'll never hear about the gentlemans club we got into where the girls were wearing nothing but a SNES controller.

Master of the Universe

I've never seen a powerglove used like that before. It was so...so...wrong.

My gaff on the 8th of May? I live just off Leeson Street in Dublin 2, should be fairly handy for people to get to, apartment is fairly big too so would be able to have a few people over.

Master of the Universe

Augmerson wrote: »
    My gaff on the 8th of May? I live just off Leeson Street in Dublin 2, should be fairly handy for people to get to, apartment is fairly big too so would be able to have a few people over.

Sweet!!!!!

I am so there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That could work... :)

I've a funeral on around that time so I might be in England ;^;
    Ragin', sorry

Sera wrote: »
    I've a funeral on around that time so I might be in England ;^;
    Ragin', sorry

Huh? I don't get it. Are you or your family planning to kill off a relative or friend around this time or is the person expected to die around then? Sorry if I seem disrespectful though, just joking :P Seriously though, sorry for your loss. We'd love to have you over if you could make it.

Huh? I don't get it. Are you or your family planning to kill off a relative or friend around this time or is the person expected to die around then? Sorry if I seem disrespectful though, just joking :P Seriously though, sorry for your loss. We'd love to have you over if you could make it.
    Oh I know sorry, it sounds weird I'm laughing as well. No my uncle died Friday and it can take over 2 weeks for a funeral to happen I hear sometimes it's 3 because they only do it on certain days or something, I'm not sure.
    I'll see how things go but I don't really think so, but I promise I'll do my best to go I'm mad to go like

Oh I know sorry, it sounds weird I'm laughing as well. No my uncle died Friday and it can take over 2 weeks for a funeral to happen I hear sometimes it's 3 because they only do it on certain days or something, I'm not sure.
    I'll see how things go but I don't really think so, but I promise I'll do my best to go I'm mad to go like

Ah no, I understand. It's different in the UK. In Ireland we usually bury people within a few days of their departure here, but if we can at all we can always do it a day or two after you get back. I just thought the weekend would be a good time because people might not be working or studying and also I don't think I would be working.

Ah no, I understand. It's different in the UK. In Ireland we usually bury people within a few days of their departure here, but if we can at all we can always do it a day or two after you get back. I just thought the weekend would be a good time because people might not be working or studying and also I don't think I would be working.
    Oh I'd prefer it on the weekend myself, I'll ask my mother about it tomorrow we kinda talked about it enough today, I mightn't be going at all I just presumed I am. I'll know tomorrow sure and then I'll only have to sort out money

Master of the Universe

Awh sera that's terrible. Sorry to hear it :(

I'm free any time for this other than next weekend. Am going away for a few days.

But other than that I'm there. Neo Geo in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

****ING DDR! oh christ i have to go to the next one, I can get every single perons in the group a woman after all the babes check out my 250 combo on cant stop falling in love speed mix*

(*- is actully true )

Awh sera that's terrible. Sorry to hear it :(

I'm free any time for this other than next weekend. Am going away for a few days.

But other than that I'm there. Neo Geo in tow.
    Oh you're grand I don't want any fussing over now I was expecting it.
    Are you really gonna bring your Neo Geo?

Master of the Universe

Yep, I'll bring it along. Dunno what games to bring though. Might have to put up a list and see what people would like to play.

I can't drink more than two beers or so, so I'll be sober enough to make sure nobody breaks it :D

• Advertisement

Yep, I'll bring it along. Dunno what games to bring though. Might have to put up a list and see what people would like to play.

I can't drink more than two beers or so, so I'll be sober enough to make sure nobody breaks it :D
    Oh do yeah sure
    I'll be sober I'll mind it for you ;)

Oh do yeah sure
    I'll be sober I'll mind it for you ;)

*Sera arrives with unusually large handbag*

*Sera arrives with unusually large handbag*
    I actually always have a large handbag, but I usually bring a backpack if I'm traveling, so I'll have loads of room to 'mind it'

Master of the Universe

:eek::eek:

Do and I'll set my Pokemon after you!

(By Pokemon I mean Atavan)

:eek::eek:

Do and I'll set my Pokemon after you!

(By Pokemon I mean Atavan)
    I have special ability 'Charm' *hair flick* "I'm heavy and willing to settle for less"

talking about drinking and your losing your NeoGeo reminded me of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Would I be welcome? Since I've never actually met any of ye like. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    Would I be welcome? Since I've never actually met any of ye like. :pac:
    Sure I'm the same as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'd be up for that .

Sorry I didnt make the last one , I was originally planning on popping in for an hour or two but I've been laid low by a nasty bug/cold/manflu :(

• Advertisement

Yeah I can make it on the 8th, just not any other Saturday in May as I'm all booked up :P

Advertisement