Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some of the very first PS1 games came in a different type of box, descent is more than likely one of them.

Interested in what you think of Orta, particularly the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's a large collection of them..kind of look like giant cassette tapes! I quite like them. I'd say that In The Hunt is probably worth a few quid -

img1656i.jpg

Really excited about playing Orta after what you've said about it. Any extention/extra information regarding the Saga plot and characters is cool with me. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd like to say more but don't want to spoil anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Some games came off ebay during the week. Gex 3, Liberogrande, ISS Pro and Tempest X3.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got power stone for the dreamcast

Also after much searching got Earthbound for the snes ( Cart only )

The person spelt the game earth bound with a gap so it got half as much interest ( and price ) as it would normally have!!!

have been after this for ages so can not wait

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nice one! Mis-spelled actions ftw!

I'm beginning to like one of the charity shops across the road. Went over to the village to get some lunch and decided to take a look again. All the PS1 games are still there but they had a few 'cube games today. Picked up Warioworld for €3. They also had Super Mario Sunshine but I already have it and Mario Kart Double Dash. Already have a jap copy of Mario Kart so no point really in getting the Pal version.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Got a decent Dreamcast bundle of stuff on ebay. A boxed DC pad, boxed black VM unit, 2 boxed rumble pads plus Resident Evil 2 and Fur Fighters for 12.25. Tenner of that was postage.

Also Alien Trilogy and Bust-a-move 2 for the PSX.

In another day of crazy spending bought a american ps1 and Chrono cross

Just after Persona 1 and 2 now then I am going into semi retirement for a few months. Got so many games to play!!

You are better off with Persona 1 on the PSP. The PS1 version is missing half the game and the localisation is terrible.

Also there's two persona 2 games. Persona 2 innocent sin was only released in japan but has a fan translation and Persona 2 eternal punishment is the direct sequel and was released in america and is very expensive!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You are better off with Persona 1 on the PSP. The PS1 version is missing half the game and the localisation is terrible.

Also there's two persona 2 games. Persona 2 innocent sin was only released in japan but has a fan translation and Persona 2 eternal punishment is the direct sequel and was released in america and is very expensive!

Thanks very much for the advice. I have 2 questions

Was Persona 1 for the psp released on PAL as I am having trouble finding it??

What is a " fan translation "??.

• Advertisement

Never got a PAL release. Videogamesplus.ca probably still have copies.

Basically if you have an iso of innocent sin you can apply a patch to have the full game in english. Need an emulator or a way of playing back ups to play it.

http://tsumi.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Never got a PAL release. Videogamesplus.ca probably still have copies.

Basically if you have an iso of innocent sin you can apply a patch to have the full game in english. Need an emulator or a way of playing back ups to play it.

http://tsumi.wordpress.com/

Persona 1 did get a European release on the PSN store recently afaik.

Who cares about that. We want physical copies here! Ones with soundtrack CDs included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

True, but if someone just wants to play it and is having trouble finding it, it's there. Picked up the physical version with the CD included in the states a couple of months ago for like 16 dollars second hand, was happy enough with that :)

While I'm no advocate of digital distribution over physical distribution, it may play to our advantage over here with respect to niche titles. Presumably publishing titles in physical form is more of a financial risk than in digital form, even more so for more obscure titles. For instance I don't think Persona 1 would be available in Europe right now if not for PSN, and while it would be preferable to have a physical copy and collectors editions etc., I'd rather have a digital copy of a game I want now than the extremely remote possibility of the physical copy ever being released here.

Master of the Universe

My Amiga A1200 finally arrived!

\o/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Picked up a nice boxed SNES Mario Allstars last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just bought this on ebay with the leftover money on the 3v card :) Now just to get EnterNow to sort out my DC to play it :D

Just won Rez for the dreamcast

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I finally got my Amiga emulator to work, so it's just like I got back all my games (and a good chunk of my adolescence). I can finally forgive my mother! :D

I'll probably just play Cannon Fodder non-stop though. Zool is damn hard with a keyboard!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Stoner wrote: »
    Picked up a nice boxed SNES Mario Allstars last week.

Forget the Orange Box, if you are looking for the best game compilation in the universe, this is where its at! Super Mario All-stars, fantastic, the edition with Super Mario World is, impossibly, slightly even more fantastic, but hey, such is life.
    Just love the dark scene then the lights come on to show the game cast, then the little tinkling sound effect as you press start, good times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Postman dropped these in this morning :)

2rf33ls.jpg

And these are the cap repair kits for o1s1ns and my own GameGear.

16le5pi.jpg

I found those kits through mmmonkeys site. They are retailed from a UK site called Rewind-Gaming. They sell all sorts of hard to get repair things, & even retro consoles/accessories. I dealt with a chap called Tim, who was 100%.

The product arrived well packed, and have a lovely installation manual with colour pics etc, & even user excerpts from their forum with important tips. This sounds more like an ebay review, but I'm just giving them the thumbs up. Great to find a retailer like that every now & again :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This fella came in the post earlier, look forward to giving it a go later. Came with a poster that has the instructions on the back which is pretty cool.

vibribbon.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    This fella came in the post earlier, look forward to giving it a go later. Came with a poster that has the instructions on the back which is pretty cool.

vibribbon.jpg

Didn't o1s1n link to that earlier this week? He linked that Nomad above too. Never follow a link from o1s1n :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

He sure did. I'm convinced he somehow gets commission from ebay sales. :D

Master of the Universe

Oh didn't I tell you that already? Anyone who has bought something through one of my provided links owes me 25% of the final sale price.

:p

I'm just glad you lads are buying the stuff. Saves me a few euro! I have a horrible thing of not being able to say no to a good deal. Even if I happen to own the item already.

I know how you feel 4 copies of Pokémon blue later... :(

Master of the Universe

I picked up a few 32X games today from someone on adverts. Mortal Kombat 2, 36 Great Holes and Fifa Soccer 96. All CIB.

Pretty happy with that. They're not the most common games. Especially Fifa 96. Don't see that one too often. PAL only release too.

I put all my 32X games together tonight. Funnily enough, I thought some of them were missing books. None of them are! The books were all hidden away inside of the cardboard insert. That was a nice suprise.

32xgames.jpg

Thought I'd take a pic of my new baby while the camera was out.

Amiga A1200. 4gb compact flash HDD and 8mb of fast ram. It's jam packed with games -

amigaa12002.jpg

amigaa1200.jpg

Master of the Universe

Well this is hilarious.

I signed into my email this morning -

You won this item on eBay: Shining force MD European version very rare!!!!

WTF?

Then I remembered, there was a CIB copy of Shining Force on ebay Ireland last week.

'But I put a single bid down of 13.49...?'

The penny dropped.

'I got a PAL MD copy of Shining Force for €13.49?!?!!?'

Wooohoo!!!!!!!!!!

For those who aren't familiar with this game, the PAL Megadrive version is pretty hard to find and much rarer than NTSC versions. It goes for a lot more than €13.49

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well this is hilarious.

I signed into my email this morning -

You won this item on eBay: Shining force MD European version very rare!!!!

WTF?

Then I remembered, there was a CIB copy of Shining Force on ebay Ireland last week.

'But I put a single bid down of 13.49...?'

The penny dropped.

'I got a PAL MD copy of Shining Force for €13.49?!?!!?'

Wooohoo!!!!!!!!!!

For those who aren't familiar with this game, the PAL Megadrive version is pretty hard to find and much rarer than NTSC versions. It goes for a lot more than €13.49

Ah for God sake, you should run a business doing the bidding for people man - why is it that everything I look at on ebay has gas mark 5 written on it :(:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭spark1976

Arrived in the post this morning...

Might be nothing special to most people but these games hold some of my favourite memories!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement