Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

I've played the first Football game, its a truly terrible game. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The unholy trinity:

Whyyyy retr0, whyyyyy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I... words can't express my disdain for your purchase.

Did someone scribble 'Shin Megami Tensei' above the GAA logo or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I only bought Gaelic Games 1. Ciderman lent me the other 2. The only reason I got them is because I said I'd do an article for Hardcore Gaming 101 on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

mondeo wrote: »
    You can download disk images from lots of sites but you will need a serial cable to connect your amiga to your computer inorder to send the games to your amiga disks... That's one way I've been doing it anyways. Have a look at these guys http://www.amigakit.com

I have a 600 aswell it's some machine! :)

wait, so i get this cable and some blank disks for the Amiga and download the roms?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

S2300016.jpg

S2300013.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard it's a damn good game, probaly better than Halo 2 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That 2600 needs to be cleaned, get the toothbrush out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Hah ha, was actually stripped and cleaned this morning! Was thinking the same when I saw the pics!!

Ah nice!

Never got ito the atari myself but i really want to get a lovely shiny vader 2600! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Halo 2600, I wonder if it has a scarab level?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,434 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well, 20 years later, I finally got around to buying Strider for the Megadrive. I have no idea why that took so long.

Yeha I only got that recently, seems like it would be one of those games that you would jut pick up really handy without even trying too much

I had to get strider 2 aswell :D

Master of the Universe

Yeha I only got that recently, seems like it would be one of those games that you would jut pick up really handy without even trying too much

I had to get strider 2 aswell :D

My cousin had Strider when it came out. We always found it **** hard. Great game though. Looking forward to sitting down and having a good play through again.

Did Strider 2 cost you a fortune? Not a cheap one that.

Haven't really put up many pictures for a while. Decided to take a few snaps.

Sin and Punishment 2 & PDS Orta rock. Still haven't gotten around to playing Klonoa yet -

klonoa.jpg

NTSC Descent big box version -

DSC_0747.jpg

These really are huge. Here it is compared to a standard PAL version -

descentbigbox.jpg

12euro Shining Force! Still can't believe the luck of that one -

shiningforce.jpg

Thought I'd photograph my NES games while I was at it. They really don't get enough love. Pretty small collection to. Going to have to work on that one :pac:

nesgames.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Those NTSC cases look as big as the Saturn jobbies. Must track down a boxed copy of SMB3, holds so many fond memories. Anyone remember a TV program on during lunch hour maybe early 90s, where they played SMB3? They had speed run competitions of it. I remember one kid called "The Iceman" was pretty much unbeatable at it.

Yeah I always liked the bis ntsc ps1 boxes, they just seem so much more epic

as for strider 2, for strider 1 + 2 it cost me €20 shipped, not bad considering they are both in minty goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Some recent purchases:

demolitionman.th.jpgparodius.th.jpgruleofrose.th.jpgstupidinvaders.th.jpgtwistedmetal.th.jpgzerol.th.jpg

Master of the Universe

Demolition Man on the MD is an overlooked gem. Didn't come across that game until recently enough.

yeah tis a good game alright, I found the overhead bits a bit awkard though.

but overall its a good game, not an easy game either

o1s1n wrote: »
    Demolition Man on the MD is an overlooked gem.

Must be one of those rare occaisons where a game based on a film is actually better than the film. Usually the other way round.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anyone remember a TV program on during lunch hour maybe early 90s, where they played SMB3? They had speed run competitions of it. I remember one kid called "The Iceman" was pretty much unbeatable at it.

Hhaha!! i Remember that i used to watch it everyday on my lunch break from school, they had a lad dressed up like Mario, it think it was called the Super Mario Challange or something! Thanks for the flash back!

There's only one true Strider 2 and it didn't come out on the megadrive!

Everybody is getting rule of rose. I really want that game.

Master of the Universe

Reminds me of the Klonoa incident from a few weeks back.

Any other games you'd really like? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Demolition Man on the MD is an overlooked gem. Didn't come across that game until recently enough.
    I didn't even know about it's existence until someone on here posted about it. I had forgotten about Parodius until Retro mentioned it. This forum cost me an extra €40! :D
    I've had Rule of Rose on my saved searches for a while now and picked up a 'Buy It Now' listing for €20 (French edition). Some months back, a seller on eBay sold a few UK editions of it and they went for between £100 and £140, if I remember correctly.

Reminds me of the Klonoa incident from a few weeks back.

Any other games you'd really like? :D

Yeah, I need a job. I hear rise of the robots 2 is great :P

Yeah, I need a job. I hear rise of the robots 2 is great :P

/rushes off to ebay Rise of..... Hey wait a minute!!

Seriously though, is there some NES games you could recommend? Megaman 2 worth getting?

Master of the Universe

You're asking Retr0 if Megaman 2 is worth owning?

Kind of like asking the pope if god exists. :pac:

Kind of like asking the pope if god exists. :pac:

Asking who if what exists? ;)
    It was more asking which is the best NES Megaman to get or if anyone could recommend some good titles other than the SMB series, my NES memories are terrible at best. Prob the wrong thread to be asking this too sorry.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    /rushes off to ebay Rise of..... Hey wait a minute!!

Seriously though, is there some NES games you could recommend? Megaman 2 worth getting?

Eh, Megaman 2 is probably one of the best games ever made and has without a shadow of a doubt the best 8-bit soundtrack ever. Megaman 3 is just as good.

Actually the NES has a lot of underappreciated classics. It's list time folks:

Little Nemo: The Dream master is an excellent late capcom platformer. Anything by capcom from Megaman onwards is sold gaming gold.
    Castlevania 3: Seriosuly good although the japanese version is way better
    Vice Project Doom: Excellent ninja gaide clone with some other genres in there too
    Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom: stupid name, great graphic adventure.
    Shatterhand: Another great ninja gaiden clone
    River City Ransom: like streets of rage but with RPG elements
    Metal Storm: Wonderful platform shooter from irem
    Gaurdian Legend: Great mix of mercs and zelda
    Crystalis: Like zelda but better
    Magic of Scheherazade: another great zelda type game
    ufouria: Best looking NES game by far, think this one was only released in japan and europe, really hard.

I've plenty more if you want! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

corblimey wrote: »
    Not a game, but retro-related, just took delivery of the RetroGamer eMag DVDs 1 and 2, 55 full issues of RG. I'm using them to decide if I should get into another retro console (PC-Engine anyone?) or eat.
    naah...magazine emulation doesnt compete with the real thing!
    In unrelated news I'm flogging the almost complete run of retrogamer's from issue 2 to last months;), I'm keeping this months as I FINALLY GOT THE FECKERS TO PRINT ONE OF MY FORUM POSTS!in the "from the forum" section:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement