Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely haul there Jack!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice haul! I've wanted to get Wolverine: Adamantum Rage for a good while now. Always seems to sell for a lot.
    yeah that the reason I got it, it was €9 with €3 shipping, glad to have it.

No manual though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DECAP ATTACK!!!!
    Ive been trying to remember the name of that for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

DECAP ATTACK!!!!
    Ive been trying to remember the name of that for ages

Decap Attack is an interesting one. They took Magical Hat's Flying Turbo Adventure (possibly the best name for a game ever) and made it into another game for the Western market/Halloween.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have a hatred of decap attack. Not because it's a mediocre game but because I swapped it for a week with a so called friend with Gunstar Heroes and the prick stole iton me :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Decap Attack is an interesting one. They took Magical Hat's Flying Turbo Adventure (possibly the best name for a game ever) and made it into another game for the Western market/Halloween.
    I dunno.Im still a fan of the japanese name for steamboat chronicles (Ponkotsu Roman Daikatsugeki Bumpy Trot)

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I have a hatred of decap attack. Not because it's a mediocre game but because I swapped it for a week with a so called friend with Gunstar Heroes and the prick stole iton me :'(

No!!!!!!! :(

People are stoned to death in the Middle East for far less.

Oh wow, spam! I better get me one of those fancy new Iphones at in "competitiver price"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Very nice andrew! You always seem to get mint stuff :D

Not retro at all but picked up my PS3 today that I won a while ago. 120gb slim and came with: Split Second, Transformers, UFC 2010, Ratchet and Clank and Modnation Racers. Not the best games available but will be picking up some PS3 exclusives soon :)

(Add me on PSN if you want: Piikachu88)
    if you dont have it on any other format already , the SEGA Mega Drive: Ultimate Collection' is good if you can pick it up cheap.(xtravsion were selling it for 15 a while back)

Master of the Universe

Finally got my hands on Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies. Okay so it's not retro, but it's about as retro as a modern game is going to get.

Absolutely nowhere has had it in town apart from one HMV where it was €50. Been checking everywhere on a regular basis for the last three weeks with no luck.

Went into HMV Grafton street today and there was one single second hand copy sitting there for €29.98 waiting for me. Not a mark on the disc or the box. I reckon someone bought it, was **** and brought it back. :)

As for the game...wow. Just wow. I think I have a new favourite game on the Wii.

• Advertisement

Latest bunch of MD games in the post, only waiting on one more to arrive then I think thats it for the time being regarding the MD, maybe except for getting the Nomad modded. Another project to keep me busy starting soon. :)

megabombermanearthwormj.jpg

toystorylightcrusader.jpg

sparksterherzog.jpg

cosmicdrrobot.jpg

nomadpowerback.jpg

Master of the Universe

Nice!

You should bring that Earthworm Jim along to the next Videogames live and get it signed by Tommy Tallarico.

I'm going to do that if I can. Also get my Robocop Versus the Terminator signed too. :pac:

Just in case you didn't know, the rechargable batteries in those Nomad PowerBacks are all dead now. Even ones that have never been used. You'll need to solder some fresh ones in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Ah cosmic spacehead. Nice

I got this cleaning cart for my mega drive recently

1282398505081075600.jpg

tn1282398609045612800.jpg

Just in case you didn't know, the rechargable batteries in those Nomad PowerBacks are all dead now. Even ones that have never been used. You'll need to solder some fresh ones in.

Yeah I read that alright, never planned to use it tbh, only use an MD2 power supply with the Nomad. Would love to get the official carry case for it but not many of them pop up on ebay unfort.

That looks interesting cowboy, how does it actually clean it? Pop it into the console cartridge slot or something?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That looks interesting cowboy, how does it actually clean it? Pop it into the console cartridge slot or something?

Yeah It came with a bottle of cleaning solution you put some on the cart and put it in the slot and take it out and repet a few times :p

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah I read that alright, never planned to use it tbh, only use an MD2 power supply with the Nomad. Would love to get the official carry case for it but not many of them pop up on ebay unfort.

Yeah I'd love one of those carry cases! They look great. Been trying to get one for years but it's just impossible. I only ever saw the one on ebay and it was being sold with a boxed Nomad for a fortune.
    Yeah It came with a bottle of cleaning solution you put some on the cart and put it in the slot and take it out and repet a few times :p

Cool, I've been meaning to get one of those for almost 20 years now! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm going to do that if I can. Also get my Robocop Versus the Terminator signed too. :pac:

I knew there was a reason why sucsh a mediocre game had such a good soundtrack.

I knew there was a reason why sucsh a mediocre game had such a good soundtrack.

I knew you would get a dig in!

Does anybody know when the next Video Games Live is coming to Dublin? Should be this year right?

Hasn't been announced but I'll defo be at it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Does anybody know when the next Video Games Live is coming to Dublin? Should be this year right?

I have been checking the website every now and again.
    They have a TBA Irish date on their list of tour dates but I dunno, if they do plan on an Irish date surely they would have had to announce it by now?

That said I hope they do do a date over here this year, last year was awesome.

Master of the Universe

Hasn't been announced but I'll defo be at it again!

Excellent, I want a photo of you and Tommy holding RVT.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Just won a vagrant story for the ps1 in excellent condition

Vagrant Story is amazing. I'd buy it for the soundtrack alone.

This is in perfect condition:
    shiningforce2.jpg

One of my favourite GB games:
    gbbatman.jpg

This is kinda interesting, supposedly a promotional comic for the game?
    comixzonecomicfront.jpg
    comixzonecomicopen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Just got Breathe Of Fire III For Sony PSP!

I'm too lazt to take pictures today but much joyness arrived today

Strider 1 & 2 and Landstalker for the megadrive, all mint, all complete

Oh god strider 2 on the megadrive is a disgrace. Strider 2 on the PS1 though is a thing of beauty. Always wanted to play landstalker. I remember Sega Power having a running joke about the lead character being called Nigel.

I can bring it along on Sat if you like.

• Advertisement

Nah it's ok. I have it on emulator and it's kind of a single player isometric zelda type game which is going to bore anyone watching :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement