Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh yes strider 2 is balls, but nice to have it in the collection + Twas only £6

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Star Ocean 1 and 2 for the PSP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Mega Bomberman for Mega Drive and Mario Kart Super Circuit for Gameboy Advance just came today : D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I love Mega Bomberman. I keep meaning to buy a multitap for it. Shame it didn't have one of those Codemasters J-carts!

Latest purchase myself was an Amiga A1200 with a 4gb compact flash card, 8mb fast RAM upgrade, disk drive and the usual bits and pieces to connect the whole thing up.

Annoyingly enough, I thought I'd gotten a good deal from a guy in Germany. No sooner than I'd sent him the money, there was an A1200 listed on adverts. from a guy in Dublin. Pretty much the same as my one, just a smaller harddrive. But it made up for it by coming with a CD Rom drive.

Just my luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mega Bomberman brings back memories, used to play the crap out of it in 4 player. Pity it doesn't have support for 5 players like the TG16 version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

o1s1n wrote: »
    I love Mega Bomberman. I keep meaning to buy a multitap for it. Shame it didn't have one of those Codemasters J-carts!

Latest purchase myself was an Amiga A1200 with a 4gb compact flash card, 8mb fast RAM upgrade, disk drive and the usual bits and pieces to connect the whole thing up.

Annoyingly enough, I thought I'd gotten a good deal from a guy in Germany. No sooner than I'd sent him the money, there was an A1200 listed on adverts. from a guy in Dublin. Pretty much the same as my one, just a smaller harddrive. But it made up for it by coming with a CD Rom drive.

Just my luck!

Could had bought the beloved radiant silvergun too...

Got Ikaruga for the gamecube, Tales Of Eternia for the psp and Odin Sphere for the ps2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭feckhead

Got Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Toca Race Driver 3 from a customer, for free. Shame I dont have a PS2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

Project zero 2 NTSC for ps2 for 15 euro. A strange beast though. It's not American, nor Japanese. It's in Chinese, and actually very well voiced. Clearly an official copy, not some dubbed knock off. Slightly different (Chinese) ending theme as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's a weird one alright.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just got a great lot on ebay.

Xbox with all your standard cables and controllers (yay, can get Orta now!)

GBA & case with the following games -

Mario kart Super Circuit
    Super Mario Advanced
    Ridick Bowe Boxing
    Cannon Fodder
    Tetris
    Tonk Hawk Pro Skater 2
    Wario Land
    ScoobyDoo

For a grand total of...€20! :pac:

That's a steal. Pity you didn't get Ninja 5-0! Really want that game.

Master of the Universe

That would have been great alright. Brilliant game.

I was suprised to see Cannon Fodder in the listing. Didn't know it was released on the GBA.

Me neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Have been actively collecting gba games over the last few years, mainly in the states as gamestop still stock them 2nd hand (avoiding online, more fun that way!) The only 2 games that I want to get that I haven't managed to yet are ninja 5-0 and astro boy. No doubt I'll pick up 20 or so games in the hunt for those though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got a nice little surprise today. Was on my way over to the bank in the village across the road ad spotted some ps1 game boxes in the charity shop. Went in had a look and picked up toshinden 2. Wanted to get it for a while so was nice to find it just across the road. They also had die hard trilogy, tomb raider and a few kiddie games. Also had colin McRae which I was going to get but wasn't sure if I had it or not.

Tbh I haven't been buying anything recently, trying to cut back at the moment and save up a bit of money. Also been saving my energy for pokemon black and White which is out on Friday so hopefully I'll get it on Tuesday :D

Toshinden 2. Oh boy, prepare to have those rose tinted glasses drop kicked off your face.

Master of the Universe

I don't think Atavan was even alive when that first came out.

No excuse! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Toshinden 2. Oh boy, prepare to have those rose tinted glasses drop kicked off your face.

Oh no, I wasn't expecting it to be great or anything, just wanted to try it out
    I don't think Atavan was even alive when that first came out.

No excuse! :pac:

Ah here I'm not that young! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Totally forgot to share my latest purchase:

Konami Hyper Stick (PS1, 1996)

DSC00102.jpg

Cost me a pretty penny.

Shipping alone was more than the stick itself.
    Then I got caught by Customs.
    And then I find that the stick & buttons are (naturally) knackered, so replacement parts have been ordered.

To put it in perspective, I'm selling an almost-new Madcatz Tournament Edition stick to a friend, and I'll STILL have lost money.
    Totally worth it though.

• Advertisement

That there guys is dedication. Looks the business I have to say.

Went a bit game crazy in the last few days -

Got Sega ages, Sonic R, Night before Dreams and Nights before Christmas for the saturn

Got Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Digital Devil 2 and Samurai Legend Musashi for the ps2

Got Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness for the psp

Got Breath Of Fire 1 for the snes and 4 for the PS1

Sure this will keep me going for a bit!!!

Got a Bleep Bloop cart for the gameboy, with LSDJ flashed onto it. Chiptune time!

Master of the Universe

ghostchant wrote: »
    Got a Bleep Bloop cart for the gameboy, with LSDJ flashed onto it. Chiptune time!

Yay! fancy forming a chiptune band? :D

Yay! fancy forming a chiptune band? :D

Haha sounds good! Just waiting on my backlit/pro-sound gameboys...Ordered one..and then another on impulse!

Master of the Universe

You bought two? Hah, excellent.

If yours have just the backlight and pro sound, I'd really reccomend looking into the half speed clock switch and extra shoulder button for LSDJ menu navigation. The clock switch is just a fun addition to slow the music down an octave, but I couldn't imagine using LSDJ without that shoulder button. It makes the whole process a lot more comfortable.

Yeah after playing around with LSDJ, the select+dpad navigation gets annoying! Will have to see if I get used to it. Tempted to mod one of my other gameboys myself, will probably be too scared to do anything else with these ones when they arrive!

I'm sure EnterNow would love a new project :D

Master of the Universe

Just got Panzer Dragoon Orta. Wow does that game go cheap! £3.99 buy it now.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Got myself a long box version of Descent for the ps1 for next to nothing.

I think all long box games are NTSC, so it probably wont work on my console, but I've never seen one before so couldn't resist. They seem to look like PAL Saturn cases.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement