Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

I just won a copy of Shining Wisdom on the saturn for a reasonable price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Andrew, amazing haul!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just wondering Andrew how much did all that cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,513 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just got this.

dazebefore.jpg

Here's hoping it's different from the final version!

The main reason I picked it up is apart from being a prototype/beta/whatever, the game itself was only ever released on the Megadrive in Australia in PAL. Never got an NTSC release. The PAL copy sells for a small fortune.

So if this is an actual proto..well. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

"please return by NOV 15 1994"
    That made me lol a lot for some reason. We have a rule breaker on our hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The fact you said 'just got this' at 11pm really adds to it. Its as if you made a dodgy deal for it under cover of darkness, at the docks, in exchange for 2 keys of coke.

Master of the Universe

DaleHyland wrote: »
    "please return by NOV 15 1994"
    That made me lol a lot for some reason. We have a rule breaker on our hands.

Yeah when I saw that I knew I had to have it :D
    The fact you said 'just got this' at 11pm really adds to it. Its as if you made a dodgy deal for it under cover of darkness, at the docks, in exchange for 2 keys of coke.

>_>

<_<

Who have you been talking to?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just wondering Andrew how much did all that cost?

Quite a bit indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Would you guys consider a boxed N64 console with perfectly boxed Mario 64 and perfectly boxed Goldeneye a good find?

Sounds like a tastey find! Pics? (esp one of Goldeneye for Retr0 to drool over :p)

• Advertisement

Just picked it up in a Charity Shop that recently opened up next door to the Office I work in, will post pics later. Barely a crease on the boxes, suprised they were kept in such good nick all this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

How much was it? I want to know the going price for N64's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That's a nice find indeed :)

DaleHyland: You should pay about €30-40 max for a boxed N64 without games and a bit less for an unboxed one without games. You see people selling them for silly money when they're very common and shouldn't be expensive at all.

Okay I tried to link to photos of the boxed N64 I got earlier but can't get it to work.

They're available on a flickr account I just set up;
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seamuskavanagh/with/4898597615/

In total I managed;
    Boxed N64 Console
    Boxed Goldeneye
    Boxed Mario 64

6 Playstation 2 games including;
    Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

All for 30euro. That's not bad.

That N64 box looks in great condition, lovely find!

The cardboard box for this is in perfect condition, looks cool too imo:

vectorman21.jpg
    vectorman22.jpg
    vectorman23.jpg

xmen2clonewars.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Won a boxed copy of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars today!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Warren3 wrote: »
    Won a boxed copy of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars today!

Nice one,I played a bit of it through emulation,did it set you back much ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Very nice andrew! You always seem to get mint stuff :D

Not retro at all but picked up my PS3 today that I won a while ago. 120gb slim and came with: Split Second, Transformers, UFC 2010, Ratchet and Clank and Modnation Racers. Not the best games available but will be picking up some PS3 exclusives soon :)

(Add me on PSN if you want: Piikachu88)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

haha just got a ps3 myself last week

add me if you want David_Lo_Pan_

also got a serious ammount of megadrive games in the last while, pics soon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone with a PS3 NEEDS Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles. Demons Souls is quite simply the game of this generation so far and Valkyria Chronicles seems to be made by the Sega of old that made good games.

Well I just beat MGS 4 and I have final fantasy XIII, but i think that on will be put to the side for a while, Want to get the god of war trilogy and play through them and then get deamon souls and Valktria Chronicles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh god MGS4, you experienced it as well. I feel sory for you. Might be worth picking up demon's souls quick in case it sells out. First european shipment is effectively sold out already and believe me it's better than God of War trilogy which can wait.

I actully really enjoyed MGS 4, I think I played it at the right time, Had a few days off work and just got into it. I know the cutscenes were intence and long but it was still a good game, not a patch on MGS 1 or Snake Eater

Master of the Universe

Enjoyed MGS4 you say?

Oh look, here comes Retr0 -

brennan.jpg

Oh no! Did I enjoy a game I wasnt supposed to?

I'll understand if i gt banned from this forum now

The will you marry me scene in that game just summed up how retarded the whole thing was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I still haven't made it past the bit where you meet that arms dealer, about 10 minutes of gameplay in, so about 2 hours in then.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The will you marry me scene in that game just summed up how retarded the whole thing was :(

See when it comes to any metal gear solid game, I dont pay attention to any character exept snake, but yeah that scene was retarded

Oh yeah here all the stuff I got in the past 2 weeks

DSCN2220.jpg

I dont I even need to take pic of the manuals now, you all know what kind of condition all these are in

The only game not complete is Wolverine: Adamantum Rage :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Nice haul! I've wanted to get Wolverine: Adamantum Rage for a good while now. Always seems to sell for a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement