Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have a feeling.... the only words that could possibly describe this feeling is...

Giga Power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

ghostchant wrote: »
    Picked up a Dingoo A320 on adverts for 35e, handy for quick bus journeys and the like. Plus it means I can get around to playing Earthbound at last

They are fantastic things, wouldn't be without mine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Samurai Aces arrived this morning, a cheap Psikyo shooter to be sure.
    I know many people buy the Japanese editions of these things for the packaging and that's understandable, the instruction manual and cover at for this game are as spartan as I've ever seen, but once the game is cool that's what matters, looking forward to playing out this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Final Fight One
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival
    Super Puzzle Fighter 2

All to be heading to a letter box near me. All look minty from the pictures as well.

Oh and apparently there's a Super Off Road in super awesome cardboard condition waiting for me in the workplace as well.

Two months of barrenness and now I have literally a deluge of cardboard boxes coming in the post. Oh yeah and the games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

7000868161_c3c55eeef4_z.jpg
    Pokémon Red by evanSpiddal, on Flickr

Got this in the post today, got it for €8 delivered from Japan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Portal 1 + 2 for 12.50 on Steam, yes please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I just got this, should be here next week:

BbRn0.jpg

It's a bit good, so I cropped the cover art for ye to have a guess. If anyone gets it right, I'll give you 9 Pesetas. :)

edit: And I'm likely to be out of the country on business next week so you've a week and a bit to win 9 Pesetas! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mate of mine is doing a big clearout of his games consoles, passing them onto me, along with his games.
    Why is this important?
    Well, firstly, I'm going to try to shift the stuff I already have on Adverts...
    Secondly, he is giving me his Gamecube as well, together with Zelda: TP, I bought it for him as a gift back on release and he never played it, planning to hang onto that one for myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mate of mine is doing a big clearout of his games consoles, passing them onto me, along with his games.
    Why is this important?
    Secondly, he is giving me his Gamecube as well, together with Zelda: TP, I bought it for him as a gift back on release and he never played it, planning to hang onto that one for myself!!

Well keep us informed of the adverts, I'm sure people are interested in picking up a few more (bargain :) ) consoles :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

yeh if theres any NES games in there give me a shout! :D

• Advertisement

Can I get dibs on the SHMUPS! :D

gif_crowd320.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Why is this important?

Let me know if theres a Saturn in that lot, sold my one a while ago and need to get back on track with it

Nothing so exotic, a megadrive, N64 maybe, Gamecube, a few games, nothing mental...
    Lets not have the vultures circling just yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nothing so exotic, a megadrive, N64 maybe, Gamecube, a few games, nothing mental...
    Lets not have the vultures circling just yet...

Caw...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Got a GBC for €6 and Crimson Tears for the same price, they were posted with some arty supplies.
    100_4818.jpg

Sera wrote: »
    Got a GBC for €6

Nice! I am after one of those myself. €6? BARGAIN!

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Nice! I am after one of those myself. €6? BARGAIN!
    And it's purple like what I had as a kid! *nostalgia buzz*
    What do they go for now? just posted a photo, there's a small scratch on it but nothing major tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

img20120321163751.th.jpg

From a sound guy(stigsgameroom) who gave me a shout via the youtube channel... :)

This arrived this morning. Andrew76's incorrect guess. :D

This is the super rare widescreen CLV edition of Gunhed (the movie of the manga of the PC Engine game, in that order I think too). NTSC-J, CIB. Never produced with an obi (apparently, according to extensive research). Still in it's original cello bag I think too. 100% crispy minty fresh. :)

1iIIP.jpg
    TtalJ.jpgiky7V.jpg
    esfxQ.jpg
    HYqvz.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I take it that blue looking background on your monitor is actually green in colour? :p

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I take it that blue looking background on your monitor is actually green in colour? :p

Oi! It's Teal!................... I think. :pac:

Another good day, Tengai and Sol Divide arrived, a mere three days after posting from France, which is nice.
    Both horizontally scrolling Shumps, both by Psikyo games as well.
    Tengai was originally Sengoku Blades and be careful googling that one at work, there are some definite NSFW model kits available of one particular well endowed character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Neat, I picked up Sengoku Blade for the Saturn when in Tokyo last year, the two-disc one (actually don't think it was released without the bonus disk on the Saturn). Haven't had a proper chance to play it yet though.

Will have to post a photos later, spend about €20 on these including postage for everything
    *Kaeru no Ehon: Adventure for the Lost Memories (it's about a guy who gets turned into a ... frog!!! dummydino_love_emote_by_trapiki-d4ne0yf.png)
    *SotC
    *Havest Moon: Save The Homeland
    IMG_20120322_2-Copy-1.png

Hooray!
    Two more packages arrived at lunch time!
    Castle of Shikigami 2 for the PS2 and my beloved Fire Shark for the equally beloved Megadrive.
    I always felt my PS2 was one of the most productive consoles in terms of the amount of gaming goodness that it gave up. But now, with all these excellent shooters, my love has increased manifold, despite most of that generations Shump kudos going to the Saturn.

So, with all these games coming across my desk, I must say sense a certain thrill...

This must be how Pyongyang feels all the time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You're building up a nice collection of shmups Ciderman, excellent stuff. Got a couple of PS2 shmups this week too, will throw up some pics when I'm able.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

[IMG][/img]IMG_1006.jpg

Two that I've gotten recently. Very happy with Super Off Road as the box is in excellent condition and I love the game!

Anything game marvel game is usually a get for me as well, despite a lot of them being poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A red Meg cart? Nice, never seen one of those

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I finally bought one of these light\sign things, ive been meaning to get one for ages, came in the door today. Im gonna get another couple of them, probably zelda one for sure. its a pity they dont have any arcade style ones. went with the SEGA one first.

sega.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    I finally bought one of these light\sign things, ive been meaning to get one for ages, came in the door today. Im gonna get another couple of them, probably zelda one for sure. its a pity they dont have any arcade style ones. went with the SEGA one first.

sega.jpg

Cool, the Zelda one is nice as well.
    If you get any that are red it will actually be pink by the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement