Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

FPS - Up should be Up
    Flight - Up should be Down

Anything else is simply wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    FPS - Up should be Up
    Flight - Up should be Down

Anything else is simply wrong.

noob.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    noob.

boob

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Usually anyone that played Flight sims back in the Pre FPS days is more than likely an inverter, its just the control mindset you pick up.
    Other than that its whether you think (subconsciously )the mouse is controlling either your characters head (inverted) or eyes (non invert).
    .Also if you don't invert your a sick weirdo who probably hurts kittens or something..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got Twin Hawk this morning.
    Loving the MD Shmup action!
    I would love GleyLancer but too pricey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Bought a copy of Zelda Twilight Princess (Gamecube) in CeX today for €38 worth of trade-in credit. Disc was in pretty good nick, box and manuals near mint. Will post a pic tomorrow if I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you invert your mouse for FPS PC games Retr0? If not, then you shouldn't be doing it for FPS console games either. It's the same thing, eyes looking around. Unless you think you're moving the head around - but what kind of weirdo moves their head to look but not their eyes? :P

Flight games are a totally different thing. You're pushing the plane down by pushing forward and pulling the plane back and up by pulling back on the stick. Same as an aircraft.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Invert on console and PC. The way I figure it it's the way the muscles work in your neck and it's what all Quake players started with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Y-invert all the way. Tilting back to look up in-game feels completely natural to me. Whenever I'm aiming/targeting without it, I just feel like I'm simply moving a reticule about the screen, totally breaking any sense of immersion I had. Perhaps it's the other way around for the non-inverted weirdos out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

noob.
    boob

What words go with tube!

• Advertisement

At least we aren't as weird as the japanese who invert the x-axis!

Master of the Universe

and it's what all Quake players started with.

It was an error. An error in earlier freelook FPS games. I can remember playing Duke 3D and Quake inverted. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but looking back now it's just silly.

Then Half Life came along like a shining beacon and showed us the real way to play FPS.

Well it did for me anyway. Once I started playing that, the thought of inverting a mouse was laughable.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It was an error. An error in earlier freelook FPS games. I can remember playing Duke 3D and Quake inverted. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but looking back now it's just silly.

Then Half Life came along like a shining beacon and showed us the real way to play FPS.

Well it did for me anyway. Once I started playing that, the thought of inverting a mouse was laughable.

Why? There's no difference between inverted and non-inverted really? It's also running on bascally the same engine as quake so not like the physics are much different.

Why? There's no difference between inverted and non-inverted really?

There is. Your way is de ghey way

Master of the Universe

Why? There's no difference between inverted and non-inverted really? It's also running on bascally the same engine as quake so not like the physics are much different.

I bet you think there's no difference between inverted and non inverted nipples either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I bet you think there's no difference between inverted and non inverted nipples either.

I never would have thought it not safe to click into this thread before lunch. Ugh.

Master of the Universe

Clicking on any thread in this forum during lunch or dinner is done so at your own peril :p

So basically we've established today that Retr0gamer has an inverted nipple fetish

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What about innie and outie belly buttons?
    Theres something creepy about outies

The only difference is the sexiness. Double nipples would be my preference. Lily allen for the win!

• Advertisement

The only difference is the sexiness. Double nipples would be my preference. Lily allen for the win!

Most humans have two man, what kinda stuff have you be doing! :p

Most humans have two man, what kinda stuff have you be doing! :p

Watching too much Total Recall or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well this is a bit of a surprise. I stuck in an EBay offer on a decent condition(or so it seems) vectrex, and the seller just accepted it.
    I didn't think he'd go for it as I offered 30 sterling less than what he was looking for.

Happy days. I now have a vectrex, or will soon :D
    It was the one thing missing from my collection that I really wanted.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well this is a bit of a surprise. I stuck in an EBay offer on a decent condition(or so it seems) vectrex, and the seller just accepted it.
    I didn't think he'd go for it as I offered 30 sterling less than what he was looking for.

Where is it based? The big challenge now is how well the seller packs it up for postage. Took me twenty minutes to get mine outta the box, about 40 newspapers & magazines later I finally salvaged it :pac:

Where is it based? The big challenge now is how well the seller packs it up for postage. Took me twenty minutes to get mine outta the box, about 40 newspapers & magazines later I finally salvaged it :pac:

It's in the UK.
    I'm going to ask them to pack it up really well and hope for the best. I know it doesn't travel particularly well but I've not been able to source one a bit closer to me.

He says the screen is in mint condition and it looks it in the pictures which is what I've been after for ages. Found lots of different auctions and sales of them over the last couple of years but the screen itself was always in bad condition.
    Hopefully this one is a good as it looks, few marks on the case etc but it's the screen that concerns me more.

What type of power supply do these things have by the way?

The PSU is integrated, they just have a cable that comes outta the back. Happy days, they're a sight to behold in a dim room & a fantastic addition to a collection

The PSU is integrated, they just have a cable that comes outta the back. Happy days, they're a sight to behold in a dim room & a fantastic addition to a collection

Cheers, hopefully it's all in working order when it arrives.

Is the plug just a standard UK one or do I need an adapter for it. No step down required I assume?

Cheers, hopefully it's all in working order when it arrives.

Is the plug just a standard UK one or do I need an adapter for it. No step down required I assume?

Mine has a two pin EU plug that I still havn't changed due to a bad dose of just not bothering to do it. Mine came from o1s1n's homeland of Amsterdam though. I presume any UK one would have the standard three pin plug.

You would need a step down if its a US model, but as long as its a 220v one there's no need.

Excellent purchase Steve! Welcome to the party as they say. :)

I'd recommend the VecMulti flash cart if you haven't already thought about getting one, I think there are some original carts you can't get hold of but can chuck the rom on the flash cart, and it's also handy having every game on the one cart. Here's the website http://www.vectrex.biz/ although it currently says sold out, not sure how often that's updated but worth emailing the chap anyway if you're interested.

Mine came with a 3-pin plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jammy git, I've been looking at a few at the moment but trying to get a cheap one isn't easy. Might settle for a fix-er-upper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement