Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PS2 version has one of the worst and most enjoyable localisations ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well I'm looking forward to the quizzical looks when all these things arrive in work for me over the next week!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well I'm looking forward to the quizzical looks when all these things arrive in work for me over the next week!

You having Sauron related problems as well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, more like Morgoth, that's Saurons master, oh yes... :(
    But then, she has walked straight by the up-ended tv in the attic...
    Must have an Somebody Else's Problem Field working up there and didn't know it...

But I am going to have to get the time to play all these shooters once they arrive, and I am likely to still suck, which is unfortunate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just came across this and had to buy it. Under a tenner delivered. Can't argue with that :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250791340177?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    In what way, good or bad?

Well games look a lot better in their original 15hz resolutions but hyperspin not so much.
    So run hyperspin In 31hz(640x480) and have mame change the resolution to match the original that the games ran at using ini files.

Edit:
    This is all on an trisync arcade monitor of course.

Ah!
    Some tool pipped me to a copy of Zero Wing, my max was 5 and he got it for 5.50!
    Arse Biscuits!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Happened again.. :(
    Just bought Castle Shikigami II for the PS2...
    It's a sickness I tells ya, a sickness...

Someone is getting hooked on SHMUPS... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I went to a car boot sale today. Found a master system buy someone had a deposit on it, €30 quid anyway so I wasnt going to get it

I did get the suffering and clock tower 3 for the PS2 for 6 euro though so didnt come out empty handed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well I went to a car boot sale today. Found a master system buy someone had a deposit on it, €30 quid anyway so I wasnt going to get it

I did get the suffering and clock tower 3 for the PS2 for 6 euro though so didnt come out empty handed

Every car boot sale I got to is a waste of time. All that is on display at them is the debris of human lives and people with the hope that you might want to buy an old cup or their fathers shirt.

Yeah I never go but this morning we went for a bit of a spin

Well, I bit the bullet and went for a Nintendo 64DD from a Jap ebay auction. Mint condition and everything still in boxes and most of them not opened.
    I've wanted one for a long time and just didn't want to wait any longer as a few mint ones are knocking around ebay the last few months.

Now, my N64 is PAL so I don't think thats going to work with it so I guess I better grab a Jap N64.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got Shinobi on 3DS €15:)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

Was it in fairyhouse?

If so it was me who put the deposit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

Found most of these past 3 weeks in Car Boots

Except Shemnue I bought on Adverts.

Been a good few days on the eBay for me.

Adventures of Batman and Robin complete for sega €24 incl post
    Street Fighter Alpha SNES cart €10
    Donkey kong Country 3 boxed complete very good condition €15 waiting on post cost. Looking at €20 I'd say.

Not too shabby. Sold my old iPhone 4 for €320 and going to splurge on eBay in the next 2 weeks.

Hey baby let the good times roll!

Watched it happen, right before my eyes!
    I had the top bid on Zero Wing, 3.50 euro, cart only, and with 4secs to go someone hit me with 50c more than my top bid of a fiver!
    Lousy lousy sh1tehawk!

So, how do you combat against sniping?
    Is there a way?
    Help me out here!

Can't wait until All Our Zero Wing Belong To Us!

There, just to make myself feel better I bought Twin Hawk, for the Megadrive, for a tenner posted... that'll show'em!

• Advertisement

Watched it happen, right before my eyes!
    I had the top bid on Zero Wing, 3.50 euro, cart only, and with 4secs to go someone hit me with 50c more than my top bid of a fiver!
    Lousy lousy sh1tehawk!

So, how do you combat against sniping?
    Is there a way?
    Help me out here!

Can't wait until All Our Zero Wing Belong To Us!

Always make sure to put your max bid at the max you are happy to pay for an item.
    If you don't win it wasn't meant to be.
    Everyone snipes, its just the way it is unfortunately.

I was watching on the mobile, watching and refreshing, and the bid came in at 4secs!
    Not fair I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well, I bit the bullet and went for a Nintendo 64DD from a Jap ebay auction. Mint condition and everything still in boxes and most of them not opened.
    I've wanted one for a long time and just didn't want to wait any longer as a few mint ones are knocking around ebay the last few months.

Now, my N64 is PAL so I don't think thats going to work with it so I guess I better grab a Jap N64.

oooh u lucky dog, 64 DD just looks so cool, theres some lovely ones up on ebay at moment, they look great, make N64 look even better, love thoses cartridges too... Let us know if F-Zero or any of the games are good.

I want one, look nice next to my region free Panasonic Q and GBA Player ...
    Panasonic Q is my all time fav looking console...

kevin2me wrote: »
    oooh u lucky dog, 64 DD just looks so cool, theres some lovely ones up on ebay at moment, they look great, make N64 look even better, love thoses cartridges too... Let us know if F-Zero or any of the games are good.

I want one, look nice next to my region free Panasonic Q and GBA Player ...
    Panasonic Q is my all time fav looking console...

I like the Panasonic Q myself. I actually bought one last year brand new and sealed when I was drunk. Mad money and it was shipped before I woke up the next day :o
    Nice device though.

You can't argue with the look of the NTSc Snes. It's an inanimate ****ing object.

Was it in fairyhouse?

If so it was me who put the deposit :o

Nope, in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Neither Arcade nor Retro but still nice.

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 including the original for €5.99
    The Sky Crawlers for €3.99 nicec Manga for small money, very happy can't wait to watch them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You can't argue with the look of the NTSc Snes. It's an inanimate ****ing object.

pdbhp wrote: »
    Neither Arcade nor Retro but still nice.

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 including the original for €5.99
    The Sky Crawlers for €3.99 nicec Manga for small money, very happy can't wait to watch them:D

You should pick up the Wii game to go with it, Sky Crawlers; Innocent Aces, from the Ace Combat people.
    It's not bad but the cut scenes are very talky, understandable given the source of the franchise, a book then a film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up a Dingoo A320 on adverts for 35e, handy for quick bus journeys and the like. Plus it means I can get around to playing Earthbound at last

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement