Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

safetyboy wrote: »
    was thinking of getting one of them off consolegoods, let us know is it worth it :)

Same here, but I'm also thinking if paying good money for one, why not go the whole hog & get a Duo-R

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

was thinking of getting one of them off consolegoods, let us know is it worth it :)

Got mine of sexyasstracy on ebay. the system and posted for £60.00....:D

System brand new and unopened till I tested......Need to get the convertor to play PC Engine Hu Cards on Turbo Grafx, Turbo Tuo and Turbo Express consoles.

I will let you know shortly if it was worth it.....

Got mine of sexyasstracy on ebay. the system and posted for £60.00....:D

System brand new and unopened till I tested......Need to get the convertor to play PC Engine Hu Cards on Turbo Grafx, Turbo Tuo and Turbo Express consoles.

I will let you know shortly if it was worth it.....

Brand new unopened? That has to be a good price then is it? Seems like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's the exact auction I was thinking of when he said it was brand new :D

Been tempted by that a few times but in the end didn't go with it as it's PAL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Any one ever used a Neo Geo CD? any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Theres something about the gamecards for the Trubografx I love but I have no idea what -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Its a PC Engine. Those mere words alone should make your decision for you. :)

Master of the Universe

Any one ever used a Neo Geo CD? any use?

About as much use as still loading amiga games from floppy disks.

It will test your patience to the limit.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Its a PC Engine. Those mere words alone should make your decision for you. :)

Thats the JAP TG16 isn't it? I'm not too well up on that whole scene yet. But enough to know I want a Duo R...which is a PC Engine & Cd Addon combined isn't it? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Master of the Universe

One is called a PC Engine, the other is called a TurboGrafix :p

Nah the turbo is PAL, so is going to be in 50hz with boarders. PC Engine on the other hand will be NTSC 60HZ full screen.

I'm not sure if the games are compatable across regions either? Think I remember someone saying the TG games library was quite small.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Steve SI wrote: »
    I just cant bring myself to start collecting anything that comes in a cardboard box. I don't know why, it just doesn't feel right for some reason.

I love the cardboard boxes but beware the dangers.

I just cant bring myself to start collecting anything that comes in a cardboard box. I don't know why, it just doesn't feel right for some reason.

I love the cardboard boxes but beware the dangers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3Wt22rDE0

Finally, Zool is mine. Keithgeo slayed the copy Infideals had that I was eyeing up...so got this on ebay. Also, Aladdin on the Megadrive which completes the Aladdin games I wanted. never played this version, & its completely different to the Snes version so happy days.

e181h5.jpg

Whenever I buy from an ebay seller that offers combined postage discounts, I always see what else they're selling. Alex Kid in the Enchanted Castle for £1? Sure why not.

x9fo0.jpg

Virtua Racing 32X, by all accounts the definitive home port? Damn sticker on the box, I'll try remove it when cleaning the cart.

1ilbb5.jpg

32X collection coming along nicely. I havn't spent over €10 on any game for the system yet.

slisti.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got my new arcade VGA card and motherboard today to replace the ones that got fried a while back. That means I'm back to 15hz hyperspin in the candy :D

It's really amazing the difference between 15hz and 31hz on an arcade monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

x9fo0.jpgarticle-1087011-00F77EEB00000191-378_468x306.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got this today, megadrive mastersystem converter to add to my megadrive. missing the little flap on top though, but still works!

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I never liked Star Wars Arcade, even in the arcade it felt dated.
    But Virtua Racing on the 32X, that really is a blast and the best ad, aside from Virtua Fighting for the system

Whats the card input for in the converter?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

also check out the two battered NES games i got yesterday, the other half went at them to try clean them up. She is to cleaning, what scotty is to warp engines.

11.jpg

21.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Whats the card input for in the converter?

For the master system games thatt were released on little cards, similar to HUcards.

For the master system games thatt were released on little cards, similar to HUcards.

I did not know that......

And damn keith. OH can clean like a motherfcuker O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

EnterNow wrote: »
    Finally, Zool is mine. Keithgeo slayed the copy Infideals had that I was eyeing up...so got this on ebay. Also, Aladdin on the Megadrive which completes the Aladdin games I wanted. never played this version, & its completely different to the Snes version so happy days.
    5.jpg[/IMG]

Some really nice finds there!

I actually tried e-mailing infideals recently to see if they had a controller in stock but haven't received a reply unfotunately.

I might try to contact them through the ebay store.

There's always the possibility I may have mistyped my e-mail address though.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got this today, megadrive mastersystem converter to add to my megadrive. missing the little flap on top though, but still works!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sega in the 90s were looking to build transformers but the technology wasn't there, so they just released multiple ad ons for the megadrive instead.
    "Megadrive bits, assemble!"

That's my next purchase right there though. Just waiting for a nice one to pop up.
    That and a NTSC Snes and believe it a NES. I don't have any NES crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just realised I have to get Retro Gamer issue 100.

Hopefully I can find it during the week!

It's really amazing the difference between 15hz and 31hz on an arcade monitor.

In what way, good or bad?

@Pyongster, whats that pic of the goal :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Psikyo spending spree continues...
    Just picked up Sol Divide and Tengai (Sengoku Blade/Sengoku Ace 2), around €20 for the two from France.
    That seems to be a great place to pick up budget PS2 releases, and many of Psikyos stuff seems to have been launched in Europe only, no US release for a lot of these.
    Ibara and the rest are still expensive though.
    I reckon I will need a region free 360 soon though...

Happened again.. :(
    Just bought Castle Shikigami II for the PS2...
    It's a sickness I tells ya, a sickness...

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I really love that game.

It's out on the Dreamcast too. So if you're looking to play it now on the rotated TV, power up that cd writer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement