Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Dad actually had the lard beaten out of him in school, by the teachers, for being left handed.
    Just thought I'd throw that in there....

I'm in two minds about it,
    for starters he's my dad and I don't want anything nasty to have happened.
    Then again, he was left handed and so up to something by default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Was down in Cork today and ventured into that retro shop on south main street. Was hoping to pick up a few retro consoles. Good bit of stuff on display. How much for a snes I asked, 80e he told me. How much for a gamecube? 70e. How much for that super Famicom out the front, 100e. Yeah right so lads.

I ventured over to the snes game area and seen some classics such as "Super Soccer game" and "Mark Davis fishing Master". How much for these lads, 15e. I was afraid to look into the budget bucket of games but these were the worst of the worst snes games you could possibly find, you know the ones that go on ebay where the postage is actually higher than the game itself. Those were going for 10e each.

I asked the guys there had they any other snes games. They lead me over to this glass cabinet where QUOTE "We keep the rare games here" I couldn't control my excitement as a copy of Super Mario All stars (missing mario world) and Street fighter 2 the world warrier glazed in front of me. I didn't even bother ask what price they were.

I was badly in the market for a gameboy though and picked up an advance SP and a decent game for 40e with some peripherals. According to ebay.co.uk I paid face value but I've since noticed a few cheaper ones on adverts. I think its not too bad when you consider postage and this SP is in near mint condition.

I`ll be sticking with adverts and ebay from now on. A fun day indeed. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

nuxxx wrote: »
    I was badly in the market for a gameboy though and picked up an advance SP and a decent game for 40e with some peripherals. According to ebay.co.uk I paid face value but I've since noticed a few cheaper ones on adverts. I think its not too bad when you consider postage and this SP is in near mint condition.

You got mugged. They did have a few rarities in the ps1 section, sera got kula world for 8 euro but it was a case of them being clueless to what they had. I hink theyve been long cleared out of anything decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Collected this yesterday :)

7010637277_268448c90f_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You got mugged. They did have a few rarities in the ps1 section, sera got kula world for 8 euro but it was a case of them being clueless to what they had. I hink theyve been long cleared out of anything decent.

The game I got is 10 pounds at the cheapest on ebay excluding P+P, and the cheapest metallic blue SP is 25 GBP euro excluding P+P, mine is in mint condition too. I got a charger and some other stuff with it. Mugged is a bit harsh but I don't mind paying 5e extra to get the console in my hand there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Collected this yesterday :)

7010637277_268448c90f_z.jpg

Has it finished loading the intro screen yet? ;)

Do a little investigating and you will have a complete collection for it in no time....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Has it finished loading the intro screen yet? ;)

Do a little investigating and you will have a complete collection for it in no time....

Have the complete collection ready, just bought a few with it as they were going cheap and look a bit better on the shelf :)

Haven't found the loading times to bad really, ok they're worse then on the PS1 or Saturn but I don't think there are as bad as Skyrim on the PS3 for instance or those bloody elevators in Mass Effect !!

Controller already needs attention, down is a bit iffy. My old TV doesn't support NTSC colour encoding so RGB cable ordered. Could PAL60 mod it but would rather leave it as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Gulp! Just bought this (not actual copy in the photo). CIB with SC-OCD:

a8vST.jpg

Decided against the PCB as the Saturn version offers so much more and is 99.9% arcade perfect. :)

Very nice, the game I'm going to save up for is Harmful Park, on the ps, is expensive but quite mad and great to play.

Very nice, the game I'm going to save up for is Harmful Park, on the ps, is expensive but quite mad and great to play.

I actually took a bit of time to think about it before buying Garegga. I gave it a go on SHMUPMAME earlier this week and to be honest I wasn't sure if I liked it. It's a LOT of money to pay for a game you aren't sure you even like!

SHMUPMAME experience was alright, but kind of lacking and a bit laggy, but I got the gist of it and over time grew to really enjoy it but still wasn't 100%.

Then I started reading in to the extras the Saturn version has, which is essentially everything the B board and Korean board has plus lots of extra stuff, including Red Ball mode, which for me was the dealbreaker over Saturn or PCB.

With that in mind, I can now concentrate on the Summer PCB shopping list and not worry about Garegga any more, I think personally I made the right choice. :)

Nice work with Harmful Park. It looks absolutely wild! On my wish list for sure, but a bit further down it for me than the likes of Elevator Action Returns, Batrider and a Cave kit of some description. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have the complete collection ready, just bought a few with it as they were going cheap and look a bit better on the shelf :)

Haven't found the loading times to bad really, ok they're worse then on the PS1 or Saturn but I don't think there are as bad as Skyrim on the PS3 for instance or those bloody elevators in Mass Effect !!

Controller already needs attention, down is a bit iffy. My old TV doesn't support NTSC colour encoding so RGB cable ordered. Could PAL60 mod it but would rather leave it as is.
    I play Mass Effect on PC, never found them to be much of an issue (maybe 45s at worst?)

Were the console release's loading screen really long?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Were the console release's loading screen really long?

Epically long. Think Ben-Hur:

It's great being a smug MVS owner/dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

White NEC PC Engine, Boxed with 8 games.

The PC Engine has a hard wired RGB scart cable professionaly installed by Telegames. Box is in very good condition considering the age of the machine.

Games are:

R-Type 1 (boxed with instructions)

Mahjon Shikaku Retsuden aka. Mahjong Wars (boxed with instructions)

Paranoia (boxed with instructions)

Dungeon Explorer (modified CD case with instructions)

The Kung Fu aka. Drunken Master (unboxed, no instructions)

Mr Heli (unboxed, no instructions)

Wai Wai Mahjong (unboxed, no instructions)

Sengoku Mahjong (unboxed, no instructions)

Please note, this console is NTSC and may not work on a PAL TV

\0/

also Luigi's Mansion, sold it years ago, and picked it up for 4bob at Dublin fleas Adolf Hipster market! オバキューム

safetyboy wrote: »
    White NEC PC Engine, Boxed with 8 games./Quote]

Mind if I ask how much that went for?

Epically long. Think Ben-Hur:

It's great being a smug MVS owner/dickhead.

Actually the long loading times are handy, it gives you enough time to burn another cd-r.
    Take that cart-fan-bois :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    safetyboy wrote: »
    White NEC PC Engine, Boxed with 8 games./Quote]

Mind if I ask how much that went for?

£77, was that decent, my birthday on sunday so thought i'd surprise myself.

6870952420_52351a3dce_b.jpg \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Picked up a good few new and sealed Dreamcast games on that NinjasCastle ebay store yesterday. Worth a look if you like your games sealed and fresh.
    Prices aren't bad either on most of the stuff.

Actually the long loading times are handy, it gives you enough time to burn another cd-r.
    Take that cart-fan-bois :D

Reminds me of when I got my Saturn first. Burn game, go down stairs, play it for a bit. Go back upstairs, new game ready to try out :)

• Advertisement

Picked up a few not really retro things recently. A few MVS carts naturally. Finally got Epic Mickey ( :P ) and Kirbys Epic Yarn for a decent price. I see Donkey Kong Country Returns is going for 3 for 2 in Gamestop making it worth it. Only problem being I can't find more than 3 games worth buying in any gamestop with it.

Also making good progress on my DS collecting and picked up M&L Bowsers inside story, Super Princess Peach, Okamiden. Really have to pick up Inazuma Eleven 2, looks like a crazy limited release since Game, Gamestop and HMV don't have it in stock. Might do a Steve SI on it and buy both flavours of it and perhaps sell one when it's stupid expensive on the bay.

@Retr0
    Are we just flaunting our seafaring gangster ways in the open here now?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked up a few not really retro things recently. A few MVS carts naturally. Finally got Epic Mickey ( :P )

Are you happy that Epic Mickey 2 is coming........out?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Picked up a good few new and sealed Dreamcast games on that NinjasCastle ebay store yesterday. Worth a look if you like your games sealed and fresh.
    Prices aren't bad either on most of the stuff.

Was that the lad who had a good few copies of Jet Set Radio sealed for silly prices like a fiver? I was going to buy some of them.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Was that the lad who had a good few copies of Jet Set Radio sealed for silly prices like a fiver? I was going to buy some of them.

Yeah, that's the one. I've bought stuff off him in the past and have always been happy with the service. I grabbed a couple of copies of jet set as the price was right and had a look around his ebay store and found a few other sealed games that were priced well so went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Really have to pick up Inazuma Eleven 2, looks like a crazy limited release since Game, Gamestop and HMV don't have it in stock..

Inazuma Eleven 2 is €31 in Argos

sugarman wrote: »
    There was some lads on ebay awhile ago selling batches of new sealed DC games & consoles from the US. Some decent bundles, but shipping kills it.

Was laughing at a pick of the warehouse tho, thousands of copies of NBA 2k, NFL 2k, Fifa '00 etc..

EDIT: Looking at there console bundles again, £100 delivered aint really that bad for a brand new DC is it? Other than the fact its ntsc & needs a transformer/mod :P

But their not new, they're all reconditioned consoles if you read the details.
    Like new Sega Dreamcast system. Complete in box!
    The condition of the Dreamcast system is in perfect condition. It is like new, but it is a refurbished Dreamcast system. Possibly the best looking dreamcast system on eBay.

Sonic Adventure game is in "like new" condition.

pdbhp wrote: »
    Inazuma Eleven 2 is €31 in Argos

Never even thought about Argos and that's the cheapest I've seen, thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

My Dad actually had the lard beaten out of him in school, by the teachers, for being left handed.
    Just thought I'd throw that in there....

I'm in two minds about it,
    for starters he's my dad and I don't want anything nasty to have happened.
    Then again, he was left handed and so up to something by default.
    I've nothing against lefties , its the "Non -inverted Y axis" players I cant stand
    FREAKS!
    PULLING BACK SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE YOU LOOK UP ..KK??!

• Advertisement

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I've nothing against lefties , its the "Non -inverted Y axis" players I cant stand
    FREAKS!
    PULLING BACK SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE YOU LOOK UP ..KK??!

Back in my day the non-inverters that hadn't experienced a flight sim were the noobs. Now we're in the minority.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement