Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Whats cool about all of this is when a curious person takes a peek.
    Perhaps they have blown in due to a random Google of the word "Vectrex" or "CDi is good".
    Perhaps they are already avid retrogamers and have decided to see what Irish retrogamers like to talk about, how the retrogaming community feel on subjects like preowned game and console prices, the "Are side scrolling beat'em ups sh1te or just crap?".
    Perhaps they are folk who already visit the other gaming parts of Boards.ie, and decided to find out a little more about some fondly remembered machine from their childhood.
    Maybe, even, it's someone with no gaming experience at all trying to get a flavour of the scene before plunging in and buying a gift for that partner they love so much...

Picture anyone of the above people venturing, tentatively into the A&R forum only to faced with Tallofornia oil-boys who ramraid branches of Game and steal DS games and rolls of security labels, a guy who is intent in selling bodily fluids for game credit, detached monocle wearing pantry and ski lodge owners who may also have a penchant for ladies frillys, someone who dresses as a japanese schoolgirl for kicks and has a thing for upskirt, a guy who thinks everything great in the world is contained in the teachings of Boulder Dash, a fella who insists on posting in the forums despite having an alcohol level so high that he is, in fact, obliged to pay excise duty when giving blood, a old grizzly fella that fancies he looks like Gordon Freeman but is more troubled with a Streets of Rage phobia and an atonic bladder...

It's no wonder we get so few new regulars here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Whats cool about all of this is when a curious person takes a peek.
    Perhaps they have blown in due to a random Google of the word "Vectrex" or "CDi is good".
    Perhaps they are already avid retrogamers and have decided to see what Irish retrogamers like to talk about, how the retrogaming community feel on subjects like preowned game and console prices, the "Are side scrolling beat'em ups sh1te or just crap?".
    Perhaps they are folk who already visit the other gaming parts of Boards.ie, and decided to find out a little more about some fondly remembered machine from their childhood.
    Maybe, even, it's someone with no gaming experience at all trying to get a flavour of the scene before plunging in and buying a gift for that partner they love so much...

Picture anyone of the above people venturing, tentatively into the A&R forum only to faced with Tallofornia oil-boys who ramraid branches of Game and steal DS games and rolls of security labels, a guy who is intent in selling bodily fluids for game credit, detached monocle wearing pantry and ski lodge owners who may also have a penchant for ladies frillys, someone who dresses as a japanese schoolgirl for kicks and has a thing for upskirt, a guy who thinks everything great in the world is contained in the teachings of Boulder Dash, a fella who insists on posting in the forums despite having an alcohol level so high that he is, in fact, obliged to pay excise duty when giving blood, a old grizzly fella that fancies he looks like Gordon Freeman but is more troubled with a Streets of Rage phobia and an atonic bladder...

It's no wonder we get so few new regulars here!!!

A&R post of 2012 :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Jack burton

But sure thats why were love each other!

None of the other crap one line posts you get on other forums like "Awesome game" "I had that one". I'm glad to be a part of a community where we all have different opinions, that we all let them be known too :P, we are all fairly prolific gamers and/or collectors, and we have a wealth of knowledge.

Plus Bulmerschap you left out or resident girl with a passion for shotguns and knives! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If I have forgotten anyone please forgive me as I have been busy today and so may be tired...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

If I have forgotten anyone please forgive me as I have been busy today and so may be tired...

Sometimes it's good to be forgotten! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

EnterNow wrote: »
    There's been bad weather across Europe lately. Last I heard he couldn't collect the game form the seller due to being snowed in up in the mountain lodge.

No fair! I never heard back from the seller! Ah well, Darius II isn't 'rare' but it would have been nice in my collection. Another day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

My Dreamcast arrived today.
    6dzso.jpg
    White as the driven snow and looks brand new...Great.
    But no PSU with it and its a 3030 Model which could cause problems with playing my backups.Auction stated things a tad different!!

I love you ebay:(

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sometimes it's good to be forgotten! :pac:

Sparks=Boulder Dash
    Andrew 76=Raiden

Nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sparks=Boulder Dash
    Andrew 76=Raiden

Nuff said

Raiden is a pretty cool nickname to be fair :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steve SI wrote: »

No it's not:

Model_Raiden.jpg

• Advertisement

He's not Raiden. He's a Greek mother! :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    He's not Raiden. He's a Greek mother! :D

cryingfacel.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    cryingfacel.jpg

EXACTLY!

dkochalis-greek-feast2.jpg
    Andrew76 yesterday. Source: Library photo

So you're saying this is Andrew.

homecookingchooseyour.jpg

Yes Stefan. That, is Andrew 'Greek Mother' 76. He's like one of those mammies that if you called round while the family is about to have dinner he'd be like:

"Are ye sure you don't want a sambo?"

2 mins later

"It's a long drive to <insertdestinationapprox5metersuptheroadhere>, are ye sure I can't fix ye a flask of soup and a bag of crips?"

2 mins later

"Ah will ye have something? Are ye sure ye don't want a sandwich? I've some ham in the fridge about to go off (blatantly not true it has a best before of 8 months from now on it)"

2 mins later

"Good man, here ye are...!" <-- said while you're taking your coat off to sit down to a full Sunday roast dinner with all the gear, gravy, spuds, you name it it's there.

:D

edit: Oddly enough that photo you posted resembled the fine spread of edibles that greeted us at his gaf.

Yes Stefan. That, is Andrew 'Greek Mother' 76. He's like one of those mammies that if you called round while the family is about to have dinner he'd be like:

"Are ye sure you don't want a sambo?"

2 mins later

"It's a long drive to <insertdestinationapprox5metersuptheroadhere>, are ye sure I can't fix ye a flask of soup and a bag of crips?"

2 mins later

"Ah will ye have something? Are ye sure ye don't want a sandwich? I've some ham in the fridge about to go off (blatantly not true it has a best before of 8 months from now on it)"

2 mins later

"Good man, here ye are...!" <-- said while you're taking your coat off to sit down to a full Sunday roast dinner with all the gear, gravy, spuds, you name it it's there.

:D

edit: Oddly enough that photo you posted resembled the fine spread of edibles that greeted us at his gaf.

So to summarize, this is Andrew76?

50233_22494893978_3582521_n.jpg

EnterNow wrote: »
    So to summarize, this is Andrew76?

50233_22494893978_3582521_n.jpg

In a nutshell.... Yes.

Only slightly more rotund and Greek. :D

So I've gone from some bloke cooking dog in public to a granny to Mrs. Doyle! :pac:

OI! Not knocking Greek food or anything but my spread was recognisable! Lets not forgot those jellies too! :cool:

To bring this thread back from the brink (and defintely not trying to change the subject... :p), here are two game related items I got the other day:

Original Japanese Aliens arcade flyer.

aliensflyerfront.jpg

aliensflyerrear.jpg

Arcade Mania! book about Japanese arcades, in English thankfully.

arcademania1.jpg

arcademania2.jpg

arcademania3.jpg

arcademania4.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Lol , I need to get a "thing" as I'm evidently one of the background randomers!
    ;)

;)

Blog Man?
    Unlucky Xbox Boy?
    Emulator Lad? [through the wonders of emulation :p]
    Zombie Killer?
    Tomytronic Dude?

The possibilities are endless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's some haul of gear Andrew76! I especially love the first Aliens flyer. Feels like the Xenomorph is going to crawl out and bite my face off.

;)

It's good to be in the background randomer :)

Indeed a mighty haul Mrs. Doyle. I have the same arcade book it's excellent. The opening chapter about yer wan who plays crane games is mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

;)
    It's good to be in the background randomer :)

Says Mr Two of Everything and Tomytronic Dude?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight :p

;)

He who solders his finger to the pcb he's working on...
    He now has a region free index finger that also works in 60hz!

Today I got these items (plus one extra that arrived during the week):

1. Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets 'Limited Edition' [XBOX 360, NTSC-J, Brand New & Sealed]
    NOTES: The 'bank manager special'. I'm actually worried about depreciation by opening this fecking thing.
    4KxeQ.jpgE3x6X.jpg

2. Shooting Gameside Vol. 4 [Book, Brand New]
    NOTES: Regular dose of STG goodness. No mention of the interview though, GRR! :p
    a4bR6.jpg

3. Ibara: The Lunatic 'Insanity DVD Limited Edition' [DVD, NTSC-J, Brand New & Sealed]
    NOTES: Limited because it comes with the 92 page strategy guide/art book. A thing of beauty. Standard edition is just the 2 disc set.
    9QC3T.jpg
    3db7O.jpg
    H0qDn.jpg

4. WipeOut Pulse [PSP, PAL, Brand New & Sealed]
    NOTES: As mentioned elsewhere. Picked this up for €1 today in Peats!
    lmD1o.jpg

5. Philosoma [PS1, NTSC-J, Used]
    NOTES: Didn't actually order this. Seller gave it to me as a bonus. Looks a good game!
    a6c4w.jpg

6. Darius Burst AC EX 'Tote' Bag [Brand New]
    NOTES: Again, didn't order this, got given it as a freebie treat. Excellent treat it is too!
    SZITg.jpg
    9dYII.jpg4bKtV.jpg

7. Saturn/PS2/N64 to USB Adapter [Brand New & Sealed]
    NOTES: After one of these for ages. This particular Mayflash model must be in print again as it was out of stock everywhere for ages. Want this for using my Virtua Stick Pro on my laptop for Steam and doujin titles.
    FHul7.jpg

Also got some cool flyers featuring a lot of PS Vita stuff and a cool Armored Core 5 flyer.

7BnUJ.jpg

OK just picked up this, I feel dirty for saying this but I'll be sending a good bit of the final fantasy stuff on its way after I take what I want from it.

DSCN2453.jpg

Now that's how you take a spill of the wagon!

No fair! You got Catherine already! I have the Stray Sheep edition paid for and it has been delayed for some reason.

Lovely haul though Jacqueline. Good work!

Yeah no boxers in this version though :(

Wont get a chance to play it tonight, so Sunday I'll give it a bash. Cant wait to get into it, seems like my kind of game....its a game where you sell blood and semen for games right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So much Final Fantasy O_O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement