Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Everyone knows side scrollers are no fun unless playing with friends.

Therefore Ciderman had no friends in the arcade and he stood there with big tears in his eyes looking for someone, anyone to play SoR with him... anyone that was old enough not to make him look like he was a creepy old guy playing with children.

Batman Returns though was great because it was one player. Let the kids have their fun on Simpsons arcade and X-Men.

It's no arcade for old men.

( ;_; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Got some stuff on it's way in the mail, not arrived yet. However I did get something new yesterday though but can't take snaps of it.

I got two of these. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Got some stuff on it's way in the mail, not arrived yet. However I did get something new yesterday though but can't take snaps of it.

Flights to Tokyo are much cheaper then I thought!!:eek::eek:
    ...............plot plot plot plot plot

Any recommendations on places to stay that wouldnt break a bank?

Im not even sure if ill do this but its fun to investigate >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Bring me back a Twin Famicom, & I'll give you three extra lives/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Flights to Tokyo are much cheaper then I thought!!:eek::eek:
    ...............plot plot plot plot plot

Any recommendations on places to stay that wouldnt break a bank?

Im not even sure if ill do this but its fun to investigate >_>

See this, yo: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73831415

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

.....such temptation -_-
    Ill see how much bonus I get this year then investigate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was meant to be going this year but looks like the people I was meant to go with just arnt now.

But sure I'll see what comes around the corner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got me thinking of a long retro game shopping weekend in Tokyo! Stop with the temptation!

Oh, got Geist and Odama (boxed with mic) this morning.
    Had a blast of Geist and it confirmed that the Gamecube sucks at fps and most of the blame can be laid the feet of both the Japanese dislike of the first person shooter genre and, moreover, the GC controller is awful for this genre.
    I wonder is there a 3rd party Xbox style controller or a way to use my Xbox or PS2 controllers instead?
    Or, more likely, the game stinks, although it seems interesting so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Got me thinking of a long retro game shopping weekend in Tokyo! Stop with the temptation!

Oh, got Geist and Odama (boxed with mic) this morning.
    Had a blast of Geist and it confirmed that the Gamecube sucks at fps and most of the blame can be laid the feet of both the Japanese dislike of the first person shooter genre and, moreover, the GC controller is awful for this genre.
    I wonder is there a 3rd party Xbox style controller or a way to use my Xbox or PS2 controllers instead?
    Or, more likely, the game stinks, although it seems interesting so far.

I use an adapter to convert a PS2 controller to GC.

A bit like this one:
    150px-PSX_to_GCC_Adapter.JPG

Handy as I can plug my wireless PS2 pad into the GC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GC controller works fine for FPS games. Geist is just a bit **** is all when it's trying to be a FPS. Timesplitters 2 worked best on Gamecube and was a decent shooter in multiplayer. Also Geist was developed by N-space, an American company and not a japanese one.

The game gets a lot better once the crappy opening is finished with. The puzzle sections are good fun, it's when it tries to be a shooter is when it falls apart.

• Advertisement

Have to disagree Retr0 old bean.
    The problem is the Japanese have no enthusiasm for the genre and the GC was sorely under supplied with fps.
    The controller sticks are in the wrong place for fps and the analogue action of the shoulder buttons, along with the click at the bottom is, frankly, weird.
    Geist has the same, slightly low rent feel as Coldwinter on the PS2 and that was a game I really liked.
    Timesplitters? I wasn't aware that was particularly impressive on the GC, I have them on PS2 and they're only ok tbh, biggest selling point being monkeys and the Goldeneye people made it, the later bound to be a big isuue for a fan like you Retr0! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the single player of Timesplitters 2 sucked donkey balls other than a great opening but multiplayer is great on it, lots of crazy mods and they even had a stab at the assault mode from Unreal Tournament that was surprisingly successful. If you aren't playing them in multiplayer then that's where you are going wrong.

As for not enough FPS games on the GC, that's what I had my PC for. Anyway I'd take Metroid Prime 1 and 2 over all the other FPS games released on the PS2 and Xbox at the time. I really didn't feel it was missing good FPS games at all really, during that generation Halo was the only really competent one and Cold Winter was better than it should have been but stand out examples of the genre, they really weren't that special. I don't know, maybe it's because FPS games bore the arse off me. I think Half Life 2 spoiled me and I measure every FPS to it, and sure why not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A pic of all the games I've gotten in the last while.

Kaido Racer (PS2)
    Kaido Racer 2 (PS2)
    TG Dare Devil (PS2) - Not a particularly good game but I had it years ago and wanted to replay it!
    Obscure 2 - (PS2)
    Wangan Midnight (PS3)
    Heavy Rain (PS3)
    OverBlood NTSC-J (PS1)
    Crazy Taxi NTSC (Dreamcast)
    Shenmue 2 discs only (Dreamcast)

AlI8PzvCIAEkcnl.jpg

Still waiting on Vanishing Point on the Dreamcast

What a weird box for overblood.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What a weird box for overblood.

I salvaged it from a dodgy reproduction of a Simply Red CD.

What is thing you call "Kaido Racer"?
    Is it a bit like Tokyo Highway Battle? I loved that series.
    Might pick them up....

What is thing you call "Kaido Racer"?
    Is it a bit like Tokyo Highway Battle? I loved that series.
    Might pick them up....

Made by the same company but takes place on mountains. Think Initial D but 100x better!

Hill climbs and descents, love that stuff, definitely going to find them. Still haven't opened The Tower yet!

I salvaged it from a dodgy reproduction of a Simply Red CD.

<shamelessbragging>Oh, umm, best put on my monacle for a second too...

I didn't mention the tickets are for this. Seeing as it's our honeymoon (albeit delayed a year). :)

diamond_hero_01.jpg

</shamelessbragging>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow!

I take it that the Cashmere sweater will come out for that flight? :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wow!

I take it that the Cashmere sweater will come out for that flight? :D

More like 'slouch pants', white reeboks and a Dublin jersey. Just for the laugh. :p

"Excuse me good air hostess woman/man (delete as applicable), do you have any Dutch Gold to pour over my Madeira chicken? Yes, and for dessert I'd like mandarin segments and angel delight. Make it snappy!".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I didn't mention the tickets are for this. Seeing as it's our honeymoon (albeit delayed a year). :)

diamond_hero_01.jpg

</shamelessbragging>

Oh dear, haters gonna hate!

That's pretty much a kamikaze thing to do during a recession!

Enjoy your honeymoon though as much as you can,

It might be the last bit of pleasurable sex you'll ever get! ;)

It goes all downhill from there, the only sex left will be the odd bit of reproductive intercourse!

waveform wrote: »
    That's pretty much a kamikaze thing to do during a recession!

Ah it's all sorted, nothing on tick here. Hence the honeymoon was delayed for a year. :)

Huh, nice plane...

No pantry though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Ah it's all sorted, nothing on tick here. Hence the honeymoon was delayed for a year. :)

Haha, I was more worried about all the hate you'd get from us mere peasants! ;)

angry-mob-at-frankenstein-castle.jpg?3995d3

diamond_hero_01.jpg

</shamelessbragging>

Thats just begging you to join the 1000 Mile High Club tbh.

1000 mile high club?
    Wrong vehicle, think you'd need a spare Russian Soyuz capsule for that craic, and the flight commander might find the zero-g shagging a little off putting when he is docking, no filthy euphemism intended!

1000 mile high club?
    Wrong vehicle, think you'd need a spare Russian Soyuz capsule for that craic, and the flight commander might find the zero-g shagging a little off putting when he is docking, no filthy euphemism intended!

Meh, the higher the better :D

• Advertisement

You've seem videos of viscous liquids in zero gravity, haven't you?
    Make "splashing down" have a whole new meaning....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement